It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
reply to post by Kryties

You don't think that maybe you might have had a lawn mower before? Make something from two litre bottles and sell them. Instructions on the web free at the library, bottles in the trash. Come on man these are things my kids do to raise money for the things they want to do! We don't give them a free ride at home and expect them to be able to produce after they are grown. Why can't grown people on their own do the same?

Wow, so naive. So a person who now has no income at all because hypocrites like you took that away from them, is supposed to 'find' a lawnmower somewhere? Or sell lemonade on the streets? How much money did selling lemonade make YOU as a kid? Enough to buy a weeks food and pay rent on a roof over your head? I DON'T THINK SO.

Besides aren't mandatory drug tests part of pre employment screening where you come from? I am subject to random tests in order to work. Is it too much to ask for the same thing for those recieving MY tax dollars?

Nope, In Australia we respects peoples rights, especially those who need the help most.
edit on 18/3/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by johngtr

If I EVER see you in a thread whinging about having your rights taken away from you by someone or something, I will make sure to point out to you that you are nothing but a hypocrite. Over and over again.

Ok you do that if you have nothing better to do shall i look through every single one of your threads and do the same thing right now

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Hey, no one is knocking you for being poor...least of myself.

What I AM knocking you for is there is a large portion of those on welfare that do not need to or should be treated in such an undignified manner of peeing in a cup for afew miserable dollars.

FACT is there are many on welfare that are unable to work and are not appropriate to have in the workplace; there are others who DO want to work but no one will give them a break.

You'll find a majority of those on welfare are NOT cheating the tax payer....all you have to do is step outside your little bubble and OPEN YOURS EYES to the real reality!

The day some brainless idiot makes my incapacitated son pee in a cup for a bit of $ will wish he/she had a new occupation because I'll be on to them so dam fast I guarantee they will be sacked within a week.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Judgemental, jealous bitter and prejudiced much?
99% of welfare recipients are not drug users, except in your fevered fantasies! (Although in the USA, it's probably only 97% - after all, you need something to numb the pain of living in the most unequal society in the world! Your drug is self-righteousnessGet off it and get a clue

Lol you sound a little unhinged.

Making society "equal" is not a function of government. Grow up and stop relying on government.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Go for your life, I've been on here many years so it will probably take you a while.

When you don't find anything let me know.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
This focus on Welfare is an example of just how well the right-wing propaganda machine is working in this country.

While I do agree with the thought behind your post (that corporations suck more of our tax dollars than welfare recipients), I disagree with the idea that I think the way I do because of media. I happen to live in an area where welfare rates are very high. I don't need any media or politicians to tell me how many welfare recipients are spending their days and their cheques...I see hundreds every single day. It never ceases to amaze at how many of them can afford to go to Tim Hortons for a coffee 3x a day, chain smoke on their porches while drinking said coffee, and their kids all have the nicest winter gear (that they get paid extra for on their Oct/Nov cheques, but are then sent invitations to a free winter coat drive), 18 rolls of empty wrapping paper tubes at Christmas in their blue boxes, happy meals at least 2x / week, interspersed with their pizzas being delivered...I mean I could go on and on.

I( would like to know where you live that these "welfare recipients" live like kings and queens honey, cause um... I am ATM a single(divorced) unemployed, mother of 2 who is recieving WELFARE and unemployment. And, let me tell you, we do NOT live like royalty. I recieve a pitance from unemployment and just enough food stamps to not STARVE. I have been unable to pay for my own place tolive, so at the moment am living with a very good friend who has extended charity to me and my girls. People say, there are jobs out there.... WHERE?? for every job applied to around here anyway there are about 100 applicants for ONE position. No matter how hard you try or how qualified you are it is nearly impossible right now to even land a burger flipping job! (theyy would rather high part time teenagers so they dont have to worry about full time benefits and what not) Alot of you people only THINK you know what being on welfare is like. You judge the whole group by a few bad seeds and it really is sad. I hope one day all of you who think your so high and mighty and your # don't stink, fall on hard times, lose everything and end up having to swallow your pride and hold out your hand for help. Then once you pee in the cup and piss positive, I'm gonna laugh hysterically when you can get one f'ing penny. There are more users and abusers int he "productive world" than in the poor. The rich just have better ways to hide it.... PIGS

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's a good idea. People willfully breaking the law shouldn't receive government benefits. If they need help they should be directed to a proper program. Most of them are probably just smoking tons of pot though. I know a lot of people who trade food stamps for money for pot and other drugs. Having been on food stamps myself when I needed it I find this despicable.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

LMAO hypocrite. You advocate for the government to introduce welfare tests then in the next breath tell others to 'stop relying on government'.

You truly do live in fantasy-land.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by larrydavid

There is no right to receive someone elses money. We the taxpayers reserve the right to put stipulations in place as to who must do what if they want a check.

I never said everyone on welfare is a drug addict, so stop attributing your delusions to me.

Welfare is unconstitutional, yet the feds do not care. If we are forced to deal with that, the least we can do is make every effort to ensure our money is not being wasted.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why Has This Not Been Enforced Since The Beginning?!?!

link   
reply to post by johngtr

Gee, I just say it like it is, I have no time to fluff up my words to please all.

link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

i really do agree with what you are saying, just they way you worded that first paragraph i was on about was dis respectful. Thats all i was saying you can take it as a "personal " attack if you wish or just take a look at what you said from a neutral point of view

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

LMAO hypocrite. You advocate for the government to introduce welfare tests then in the next breath tell others to 'stop relying on government'.

You truly do live in fantasy-land.

Evidently you are intellectually incapable of seeing the difference. The government has a fiduciary responsibility to the taxpayers to ensure our money is not being wasted.

Personally, I would absolutely love to see all forms of welfare eliminated forever. It's a smack in the face to the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
reply to post by larrydavid

the least we can do is make every effort to ensure our money is not being wasted.

Oh like the trillions of dollars paid out to the bankers during the GFC? THAT money? Where were you when they were ripping you off for trillions instead of the measly couple of hundred bucks poor people get every month?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

link   

reply to post by mblahnikluver

So what about the poor strugglers who occasionally might have a smoke of weed just to relax hey? You advocate putting them out on the streets too?

Are you pro-torture are you?

You are assuming I consider marijuana a drug..I don't.

If you are selling anything that is considered illegal (even mj) and making a lot of money and getting assistance because you apparently can't support yourself you should be punished for fraud. Where I live it's a big problem which is why my stance on it is so strong.

Sorry when I see the local dope dealer driving his Escalade and 18inc chorme rims and then all his gold and whipping out and EBT card, yeah that PISSES me off. They come in with a wad of cash and then whip out their card...yeah, sorry it's wrong and I am all for drug testing...Yes it sucks for those who use MJ to relax but unfortunately it is illegal and if you can buy mj you can buy food. That is also my problem. If you can buy a bag of whatever your poison is yet can't feed yourself then your priorities are screwed up. MJ isn't cheap...Personally I think it should be legalized and taxed.

I know plenty of people who are denied because of people who abuse it. I have never in my life recieved assitance and there were times where it would have been nice but I know others needed it more than I did...The people who abuse it are the ones who need to be off of it and punished for fraud because basically it is fraud. They LIE and say they need it when they really don't.

Pro-Torture? A bit extreme are we huh?

Dont put words in my mouth and until you live where I do and see the abuse of the welfare system by drug dealers. It is very frustrating to see people who need it get denied because others abuse it. Something has to be done.

link   

Originally posted by OneEyedMan
It's a good idea. People willfully breaking the law shouldn't receive government benefits. If they need help they should be directed to a proper program. Most of them are probably just smoking tons of pot though. I know a lot of people who trade food stamps for money for pot and other drugs. Having been on food stamps myself when I needed it I find this despicable.

Bankers receive government money and some may argue they have broken a few laws. Why are you only concerned about poor people taking drugs?

link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne

Personally, I would absolutely love to see all forms of welfare eliminated forever. It's a smack in the face to the Constitution.

Where were you when the Patriot Act was put into law? Hmmm? Oh that's right you were off bitching about how welfare is 'unconstitutional'.

More hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Oh I get it. Because YOU were lucky enough and fortunate enough to find work that means everyone else will?

Why don't you explain to the 14 million unemployed Americans where they can find a job.

Because I assure you they don't exist.

So your argument that "well I did it that means everyone else can" doesn't make sense.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

reply to post by mblahnikluver

So what about the poor strugglers who occasionally might have a smoke of weed just to relax hey? You advocate putting them out on the streets too?

Are you pro-torture are you?

You are assuming I consider marijuana a drug..I don't.

If you are selling anything that is considered illegal (even mj) and making a lot of money and getting assistance because you apparently can't support yourself you should be punished for fraud. Where I live it's a big problem which is why my stance on it is so strong.

You are making the assumption that ALL people who are on welfare are on drugs and ALL of them are dealers. That is where you are very wrong.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join