It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plays While Fukushima Burns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Wow, that scum bag! I assume you have stopped everything you are doing and tended only to what is happening in Japan right? No? Hmm...

Obama has pledged any aid that Japan needs.... Did you forget that?

"Whatever assistance is needed".

He is sending aid as we speak... So let's not act like he is not doing anything about it, alright?

www.cbsnews.com...

This statement is why I hate Hippies and Liberals.... Obama has no problem sending our money, we all know Obama is a Cheap skate when it comes to his own money,

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My congratulations Comrade! What a wonderfully written thread. Yes, Barry O' Puppet-man is a sham. The whole government is a scam. The poor Japanese are getting a remedial lesson teaching this concept presently. Sociopathic Corporations run the World. And they will kill you and your whole family if it means greater profits. Oh What a World!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I wonder if the U.S. carriers will ever come home after the Japan disaster becomes somewhat cleaned up? Or will they try to set up bases in Japan as well? Like in Afghanistan and Iraq (we won't be leaving those areas any time soon).

Uh, we already have bases in Japan.

That's why the fleet was already there and obama could pretend he was real quick in sending aid. He didn't have to send it, it was already there. Still took obama a day to send Japan what we already had there, though.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The way we view things is really only a reflection of our self beliefs, and not necessarily 'how it really is'. Dr. Phil puts it this way, "There is no reality - only perception".

This is the third thread that has hit on a similar topic. Obama MAY, I repeat, MAY be doing all he can, but it is perceived that he is doing nothing when he is golfing, bracketing basketball scores, vacationing in Rio, and going to parties.

And how he is perceived, IS the reality, regardless.

There you go again, beezzer, hitting the nail on the head.

It's all about perception. Many of these same members were all over Bush based solely on their perceptions of what he was or wasn't doing.

But now that obama is giving off the perception that he doesn't give a ratz a$$ about any crisis going on in the world or domestically it's suddenly a HUGE problem for them if someone points that out.

Feeling the need to post the "H word" once again for these members.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sorry but I'm gonna have to say this. We shoulda known that he would do this when people voted for him.

NoBama

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yet again another clueless OP whereas the jurisdiciton of what is going on in Japan falls under direct and exclusive jurisdicition of The Empire Of Japan.

Besides, do trust, have no illusion and make no mistake there are elements within the WH that are carefully monitoring the situation at Fukushima very carefully and are issing Obama the incrimental updates as they are needed all the while not allowing what is going on 6,000 miles away to dictate what we do stateside as he still needs to keep his head into our domestic matters because the day to day business of The United States Federal Government will not stop and does not stop for anything. 9/11 couldn't derail our nation and if that couldn't this surely won't.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hey, it's not nice to make fun of Obama.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Alxandro because: ]

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Is this how a leader is supposed to behave?

What exactly do you want him to do? Japan is not his country or responsibility.

Well for starters.......how about addressing the citizens of the western United States and alleviating any fears that they will be infected by radioctive fallout?

How about coming out and addressing the world and showing a sign of strength and solidarity? After all he is the most powerful "leader" in the free world.

How about not completely disappearing off the map when this country and the rest of the world is in complete turmoil and facing widescale panic due to economic problems, gas gouging, middle eastern riots, the Japanese destruction, you name it....the LAST thing he should be doing is hiding in Brazil.....or even worse filling out a bracket making his picks for the NCAA basketball tournament!

What a joke.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Well for starters.......how about addressing the citizens of the western United States and alleviating any fears that they will be infected by radioctive fallout?

How about coming out and addressing the world and showing a sign of strength and solidarity? After all he is the most powerful "leader" in the free world.

How about not completely disappearing off the map when this country and the rest of the world is in complete turmoil and facing widescale panic due to economic problems, gas gouging, middle eastern riots, the Japanese destruction, you name it....the LAST thing he should be doing is hiding in Brazil.....or even worse filling out a bracket making his picks for the NCAA basketball tournament!

What a joke.

The current direction of all radiation fallout is currently unknown and you cannot start evacuating city after city if you have no clear indication onto where the fallout is traveling as the winds shift hourly if not every few minutes making countermeasures near impossible.

He's a major basketball fan and as an American everyone deserves an outlet to escape their daily lives and is his hobby for which he is more then entitled to have.

He is going there on business and not pleasure.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Reply in a picture:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a46ed03f0559.jpg[/atsimg]

Reply in words: It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My comments must be taken in the context of never having been an Obama supporter. That being said, even the president, or perhaps I should say, Especially the president needs a break now and then. However, I have to agree that perception is crucial. People have to have faith in their leader and when he doesn't lead, they lose faith. Brackets, Pickup Basketball, Golf outings, parties...the seemingly constant barrage of social events gives the impression that Obama is more interested in BEING president than actually doing the job of the president.
edit on 16-3-2011 by pandora0629 because: Edited for clarity

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Im starting to think Mindspin is Robert Gibbs!

Just teasing.

Obama is by and large the worst president I have seen in my 78 years.

I already told you what the leader of the free world should do and golfing and vacations are not on that list.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Pretty lame article if you ask me. Putting the responsibility of Japans nuclear issue on our Pres or any other countries leader is ridiculous. What can anyone do but try and help? Heck our navies out there, and people are also being evacuated, people all over have pitched in donation-wise. 116 nations have volunteered to help, what else do people want? It is a tough situation and its not like anyone in the world actually has any experience with meltdowns and such outside of russia and japan dealing with radiation after the bombs. What do people expect Nobama to do?

Heck I was out gardening today am I evil too? pft

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandora0629
...the seemingly constant barrage of social events gives the impression that Obama is more interested in BEING president than actually doing the job of the president.

Constantly voting "present", as opposed to having a real backbone, should have been a major clue just a few short years ago.
It's becoming more apparent he prefers to sit and wait and play golf, while the dust settles, before he sees what the public opinion polls have to say, and before he decides to finally chime in and react.

Seriously, How can anyone even justify this style of so called leadership?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Using a photoshop creation to prove a lie as fact! Wow, how far must we sink in order to win?

Disgusting and purely lame not to mention childish!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Reply in a picture:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a46ed03f0559.jpg[/atsimg]

Reply in words: It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

But unlike obama, either case you'd be doing something. Or maybe create at least the appearance that you were doing something to show leadership.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Originally posted by BlackOps719

What a joke.

The current direction of all radiation fallout is currently unknown and you cannot start evacuating city after city if you have no clear indication onto where the fallout is traveling as the winds shift hourly if not every few minutes making countermeasures near impossible.

Except that there is now this news:

NY Times source

A United Nations forecast of the possible movement of the radioactive plume coming from crippled Japanese reactors shows it churning across the Pacific, and touching the Aleutian Islands on Thursday before hitting Southern California late Friday.

He's a major basketball fan and as an American everyone deserves an outlet to escape their daily lives and is his hobby for which he is more then entitled to have.

So what? I like college football, but don't put my job aside to watch it, or attend the games.

He is going there on business and not pleasure.

Right .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
let's see.....

middle east mess.......

japan flattened by earthquake/tidal wave

japan facing nuclear meltdown....

world economy mess.....

state gov'ts bankrupt.....

State gov'ts wanting to set up czars of their own, and give them the power to replace our elected officials....

our gov't possibly running out of money this week.....

gee, when I turn on the news at night, reckon maybe...just maybe....I might want to know about these things....
and not listen to a bunch of people on fox news griping and trying to redirect my attention to what obama is doing??

maybe he's trying to tell ya something!!! like ain't nothing we can do is g onna change the outcome!

by the way....
we don't need to invest another ton of money into libya!!! let someone else play the game this time....maybe china, since that's where all the money seems to have been flying to the last few decades!

edit on 17-3-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Why do you people get so pissed when people aren't faking a sentiment for you. If you care, go care, if you don't, leave them alone. I see this # all the time here, most of you won't even look at the message of a post without getting offended by nothing. # happens, we still have to live. You feel that badly? Go help.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join