It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any thoughts on the Allagash Abductions ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a05be59a876c.jpg[/atsimg]
The Allagash Waterway is a series of lakes and canals in the mountains of Maine. This lovely area would be the site of one of the most discussed and best documented alien abduction cases on .The Allagash incident would involve multiple witnesses, four to be exact.. The four men had met while studying at the Massachusetts College of Art, and they were all beginning their respective careers.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21e40855178e.jpg[/atsimg]

The witnesses said the incident started on August 20, 1976 when four men,ventured on a camping trip into the wilderness near Allagash, Maine. The group comprised of twin brothers Jack and Jim Weiner, their friend Chuck Rak and their guide, Charlie Foltz.

On their second night of camping, they noticed a bright light not far from their campsite which they first passed off as being a helicopter or weather balloon, but later noticed it displayed a strange quality of light..Suddenly, the object imploded and disappeared.

The next day went by without incident, as the first did. The men were having no luck fishing so they decided to try it at night. Before leaving the bank, they built an extremely large campfire to be a landmark light from the water.

After awhile of being on the lake, the four suddenly saw a light.. a light that seemed much brighter than a star. The glowing orb was hovering over the trees a couple of hundred yards away. The object changed colors as it moved back and forth; red, then green, then a whitish yellow..

The massive object was estimated to be about 80 feet in diameter. The object slowly moved across the tops of the trees along the river, and as it came closer to the four fishermen, Charlie Foltz signaled an SOS with his flashlight. Immediately, the object silently moved toward the canoe.They watched the object intently and noticed it appeared to be much larger this time and made no sound. Foltz grabbed a flashlight and began flashing an SOS.

Suddenly, a bright beam of light shot out from the bottom of the craft.As they paddled as fast as they could, a hollow light came from the object, engulfing the men and their canoe. The next thing the men knew, they were standing on the bank again. They stood at the edge of the water and stared blankly at the craft, which was hovering no more than a few dozen feet from them. After watching for several minutes, the craft suddenly imploded, as it had done two nights previous, and reappeared over the treetops.

The men suddenly all felt exhausted and decided to sleep for the night. The large fire they had made only minutes previous was now a pile of burnt embers. Without much conversation following the unusual incident which just took place, the men went to sleep.

Very little was said as the four men packed up their gear and went back to the everyday grinds of their respective careers. In time the night of the UFO would begin to have a profound effect on their lives.

Jack Weiner was the first to start having nightmares. In these dreams, he saw beings with long necks, and large heads. He saw the beings examining his arm, while Jim, Chuck, and Charlie sat on a nearby bench, not able to intervene..

The beings had large metallic glowing eyes with no lids, and their hands were insect-like, with four fingers. The other three men were experiencing very similar dreams, with short, mental clips of that awful night on the lake. In 1988, out of curiosity, Jim Weiner attended a UFO conference hosted by Raymond Fowler.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac57c38a0c5e.jpg[/atsimg]

Weiner met Fowler afterwards, and related his strange encounter. The investigator was excited about Jim's story, especially the fact that it was a multiple witness occurrence. Fowler suggested to Jim that he and the others undergo regressive hypnosis. After the sessions, it was revealed that all four of the men had been abducted, and subjected to humiliating physical examinations, including the taking of skin and fluid samples.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c105553081e2.jpg[/atsimg]

The description of the aliens were consistent, and being artists, they were able to make detailed sketches of the entities, the craft, and the examining instruments. Chuck Rak added that the aliens' test area was similar to a vet's office, with a silvery table. He also related a strange fact: he had much difficulty in focusing on the aliens. When he tried, he could not put an exact image to them.

After the psychiatric examinations, all four of the men were deemed to be mentally stable, and they all passed lie-detector tests. All of the information gleaned from the detailed hypnotic sessions, and investigative reports provide strong evidence that something "not of this world" was encountered by these four men on the Allagash Waterway in 1976. This case is still considered unexplainable by conventional scientific means.

This was also covered by unsolved mysteries.

And a documentary on The history channel.

So any thoughts on this case?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is one of those cases that always fascinated me. I don't put much weight to memories recovered through hypnosis, it's far to easy to lead people that way. Lie detectors are also not exactly proof, but do lend credibility to the people.

For some reason I want to say I heard about this before the unsolved mysteries episode (which is included in one of the box sets i think) but it's so far back i can't remember.

This is one of the cases that potentially influenced countless other abduction reports.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
This is one of those cases that always fascinated me. I don't put much weight to memories recovered through hypnosis, it's far to easy to lead people that way. Lie detectors are also not exactly proof, but do lend credibility to the people.

For some reason I want to say I heard about this before the unsolved mysteries episode (which is included in one of the box sets i think) but it's so far back i can't remember.

This is one of the cases that potentially influenced countless other abduction reports.

Yes it has always fascinated me as well, I do believe it is part of the ufo box set..Funny I can remember seeing this before unsolved mysteries also..I think I saw it on the series sightings first.. (A short lived unsolved mysteries knock-off)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Jack Weiner was the first to start having nightmares.

What is not often mentioned is when and how Jack Weiner started having nightmares. Twelve years after the UFO sighting in Allagash, Weiner fell 15 feet down an elevator shaft, resulting in a severe head injury and chronic seizures. It wasn't until after he was injured that Jack Weiner began having dreams of being abducted by aliens. By this time, by Weiner's own admission, he already had an interest and belief in alien abduction.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Jack Weiner was the first to start having nightmares.

What is not often mentioned is when and how Jack Weiner started having nightmares. Twelve years after the UFO sighting in Allagash, Weiner fell 15 feet down an elevator shaft, resulting in a severe head injury and chronic seizures. It wasn't until after he was injured that Jack Weiner began having dreams of being abducted by aliens. By this time, by Weiner's own admission, he already had an interest and belief in alien abduction.

Well this puts a whole new spin on things..Thanks for sharing this bit of information with me..

Do you have any links or source material on this by any chance.?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

UFO Evidence

The Iron Skeptic

edit on 15-3-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

UFO Evidence

The Iron Skeptic

edit on 15-3-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

Thank you very much sir. I will check these links out now..
Star for your contribution! Great find.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I believe this is also discussed in Raymond Fowler's book on the Allagash abductions, but being it has been over a decade since I read it, I cannot be certain.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If I remember correctly one of the men now doesn't believe they were abducted?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I believe this is also discussed in Raymond Fowler's book on the Allagash abductions, but being it has been over a decade since I read it, I cannot be certain.

I think that this might throw out any credibility this case once had..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu

REALLY!? first time I have heard this.. I'm starting to lean more towards this being a VERY elaborate hoax myself.. The story over the years has seemed to have lost more, and more credibility..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

REALLY!? first time I have heard this.. I'm starting to lean more towards this being a VERY elaborate hoax myself..

I do not think it is a hoax. In fact, I think the men are telling the truth, insofar as they see it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Hmm.. good way to look at it.. I guess this is just one of those cases, we will never know the entire truth..
Maybe it is true to a extent.. It's quite possible that the incident on the river has absolutely nothing to do with the nightmares...

for example Jack's nightmares could be a result of his accident..And by the power of suggestion. The rest of the guys on the trip experienced similar nightmares.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Having corresponded for many years with the hypnotherapist who was involved with this case, I have to say I am a believer. Mr. costantino went in sceptical yet with an open mind. Afterward he believed that something did indeed occur to these men. It is a fascinating read for anyone interested in the case. I reccomend reading the book and coming to your own conclusions.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I'm torn between wanting to believe, and thinking this was nothing more then the idea of a abduction, being influenced in a mans mind after a severe accident..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The initial ufo sighting seemed to be remembered before the traumatic head injury, looks like the alien abduction memories started after that. Pretty weird that the majority of them remember the same abduction event.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

From my understanding he does recall the abduction but doesn't believe it happened.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
whomever has these experiences is used for a purpose there are 2 forces in everything and everyone. some people are taken to be taught good and some to be taught bad. It all depends ...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by avat178

From my understanding he does recall the abduction but doesn't believe it happened.

Hmm. This could be interesting to research further.

As for the injury, It could very well be that he saw a television program on abductions, Before or possibly after his injury occurred.. This plus the traumatic event on the lake could have created this idea in his sub concision that showed through in his dreams..

I'm not trying to discredit the story..I just want to explore it from every angle possible..And maybe finally find some truth in it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lvlyeyes
whomever has these experiences is used for a purpose there are 2 forces in everything and everyone. some people are taken to be taught good and some to be taught bad. It all depends ...

I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to say with this.. Do you mind clearing it up a little for us? Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join