It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really NBC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm watching NBC's the Event right now and I gotta wonder if not one person over there watches the news?

A story arch around nuclear terrorism threats is the Absolute worst taste possible! I can only hope that the reason they didn't pull the show is because they are ignorant morans and not that they were hoping for a ratings boost.

sorry if wrong section

edit now that I think of it both shows tonite involved a nuclear threat..so wow a last minute SNL special really would have been more appropriate.
edit on 14-3-2011 by shockologist because: thought about it

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shockologist

Are you implying that terrorists are behind the disaster in Japan? Sorry not following you.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Let this be a lesson to your sir!

Watching those crappy shows will only lead you to angst and disgust!

I am half-joking but still.

After what NBC did to Conan I don't see how anyone could justify watching them.
TBS is where it's at yo.

TeamCoco

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Didn't know anybody watched any of the "old" networks anymore....
abc;nbc;cbs; etc...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Im just saying that with all the reactor issues over the weekend that a lot of people may find the subject material unsettling.

When the Senator got shot in Jan there were 3 different shows that pushed episodes out of respect for that tragedy. I think the Crisis that is ongoing is due the same treatment...just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
History Channel this weekend had a day of "catastrophe" shows, including "7 signs of the apocalypse", and "Nostradamus 2012".

NBC aren't the only ones who should have changed their programming in the wake of the Japanese disaster.

I'm surprised that someone hasn't decided to show the movie "Earthquake".

Come on networks, is it really that hard to change your programming at short notice?

However, I also heard Fox News make the first mention I had heard of "mutated genetics from radiation" today. That's gotta be the basis of just about every single Japanese monster movie / comic book out there. Also incredibly bad taste, but for Fox News, not surprising.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
So this is in bad taste but shows like Breaking Bad are fine despite the drug war in Mexico? Law and Orders which rip headlines from the news? 24 which itself was ABOUT terrorism?

All of TV is in bad taste.
edit on 3/14/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shockologist

I agree, but, it was a US senator...not a Japanese one. That is why they won't bump that show.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The show was in the can some time ago, I am sure. You say the show focused on terrorism; what is happening in Japan is due to an earthquake. I don't see the problem.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here is how you deal with TV programming you don't agree with.
Stop watching it.

This causes the ratings of those programs to fall.

Tell other's to stop watching it. Peer pressure them into not watching it.

In the long run, this should force the networks to adopt better programming strategies.

They have to feel the pain in their pocket book, when advertisers start pulling out.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
RT is one of the best networks to watch right now. They don't censor any information and they actually release much more information than any mainstream news network. Any opinions presented on the show aren't censored either. It fully supports freedom of speech and freedom of information.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here is a good example though of why it's not a big deal.

I play this game Company of Heroes all the time, it's one of the best games ever invented and I just LOVE it.

And sad to say but I love playing the Panzer Elite or Wehrmacht typically.

I am not a Nazi, I despise the politics of the era. I do not support Nazis in any way shape or form.

But by God I love simulating a nice half-track (Sdkfz 250/251) blitz. It's epic.
Also I am a sucker for Jagdpanthers/Jagdtigers and Panthers/Tigers or a nice Nashorn/Elefant assault.

But in real life I hate Nazi ideology and I despise all forms of fascism.

Go figure.
edit on 14-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join