It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs That California May Be Next For Quake?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not sure if this helps or not...but the gentleman makes some fairly interesting comments.

video.foxbusiness.com... jor-earthquake-in-north-america-imminent?playlist_id=87073

He comments on the connection between animals and the environment as being indicators of earthquakes, and also mentions animal die offs.

-K-

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well folks,

Its finally here. OP, your instincts are correct...period. There are going to be people that come in here and do their best to convince you of the reality that THEY want to believe, but ultimately, you're seeing it play out right in front of your eyes.

The time of the fool and the skeptic has about run its course and things are about to happen in ways that most could never conceive within their restricted imaginations.

If you're relying on the skeptic to keep your worlds stable, DON'T. All it will do is slow down your instincts for survival. They can play the game of denial all they want, but, in the end...those are the people with whom you will have to slow down for and help because they don't understand what is occurring around them.

Stay positive, think of Unconditional LOVE and don't panic. Let the skeptics be the ones running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and if you can, lend them a hand even when its the last thing that they would do for you.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

THIS post I made explains it all....were in for it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
im in the bay area cali on the coast, and i witnessed and made note of a weird rainbow cloud anomaly on the day after japans quake.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Haha Yup while those words look like something from a Scifi novel as you can see by the videos posted below, it might just be true...(theme from twlight zone begins to play)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Thanx for the Informative Post. I am In Illinois, Mid NorthWest in the State and have not felt anything here yet. We are not real far from the 'New Madrid FaultLine' however so I am expecting some activity here. YellowStone is the One I am Concerned about for this Entire Country! Not Saying California does not concern me, quite the contrary, I have a Brother out there...... Any Place that get's Quake and Other Bad Activity Concerns me. I Care about EveryOne!
Here's a link I happen to have to a WebSite that actually Works for Reading Near Real-Time Radiation Levels. It does an Automatic UpDate every 5 Minutes, and Yes, You can move it around.
www.blackcatsystems.com...
Later, Syx.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The pictures of the clouds is a sundog. I have seen and documented these rainbow spots several times. A true sundog will have a halo around the sun. I never saw these things until recently and everybody says they are common. Depends on where you live i guess. Go to youtube and watch thalogic2012 videos on sundogs. I hope a quake does not hit the west coast but only time will tell the fate of the human race,

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If the plates are moving in the area of Japan, it seems to me that their would be an "adjustment" occuring somewhere else involving those plates. It may take days, weeks or possibly months , but I think this "adjustment" will occur. I hope the adjustments are smaller in scope than what we have witnessed in Japan.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I posted this on the billions of fish thread also ... caught my eye due to its proximity to Redondo beach....

Magnitude 2.7 - GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
2011 March 15 17:25:23 UTC

* Details
* Maps
* Scientific & Technical

Earthquake Details

* This is a computer-generated message -- this event has not yet been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 2.7
Date-Time

* Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 17:25:23 UTC
* Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:25:23 AM at epicenter

Location 33.853°N, 118.336°W
Depth 17.8 km (11.1 miles)
Region GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances

* 2 km (1 miles) NNE (14°) from Torrance, CA
* 4 km (2 miles) E (95°) from Redondo Beach, CA
* 4 km (2 miles) SSE (156°) from Lawndale, CA
* 24 km (15 miles) SSW (200°) from Los Angeles Civic Center, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.9 km (0.6 miles); depth +/- 1.2 km (0.7 miles)
Parameters Nph= 43, Dmin=2 km, Rmss=0.5 sec, Gp=101°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=2
Source

* California Integrated Seismic Net:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I had something odd happen in my house the day the quake happened in Japan, it never happened before and I have never seen this happen at all for that matter, I live in a suburb off of Chicago, and my husband and I felt a small tremor like 3 seconds it shook the sugar jar and the lid fell off, then our (this will sound funny) toilet started splashing water all by itself for about 20 mins, (I recorded that if anyone wants to see it lol) then the next day the lights flickered off and on for about a minute, two fuses then blew and we had no power except in one room.

as for the toilet I checked to see if it was maybe a water line the city may be working on, (we're sewers out here, no subpumps) but didnt see anyone working in the nieghborhood.

as for the lights, it only happened the next day and stopped, I'm sure its nothing, maybe just the house, it was built in the 50's or 60's.

reading this thread I decided to share my little story :-)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I didn't read the rest of it more than a glance, because I think you and a lot of the replies are talking nonsense .

We get 50+ earthquakes in New Zealand EVERY DAY, it would be impossible to tie that in with Whale strandings which generally happen every Summer, all around the coast.
The odds are something like 5-10/365 that a whale stranding will happen the same day there is a Mag 4 within 900 miles "close by ?" anyway.
edit on 15-3-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Your not the only one who has thought this. I just saw on the news that they are going to have a professor/scientist or some other type of offical (hasn't come on yet) that says there's a chance California may have an earthquake coming, and one of the reasons it showed was because of the million of dead fish that randomly showed up. So I think you have reason to worry. There are signs before a disaster, for the most part.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'll give you some of my personal observations.

I live in La Jolla, CA near the coast.

About two weeks ago, I was visiting my mother's house about 25 minutes away in San Marcos. We left to go to the store and upon our return, found at least 2 dozen dead or dying bees that appeared to have just fallen on to the sidewalk and grass near her apartment building. I felt distressed and called the front office to inquire if they had been doing some sort of pest control without posting? The office was just as confused and said no one had sprayed or removed a nest or anything to that like.

Over the last week or possibly a little more, my cell phone (which is normally super-reliable) has been dropping calls, having trouble sending and receiving messages. Sometimes I get the messages half and hour or more later! My daughter has been experiencing major lagging on her xbox games to the point of having to just quit and be unable to finish games. My mom's cell phone (different cell provider..) has been experiencing similar issues.

I have suddenly begun to hear tons of birds around my house. Well, I've lived in the same neighborhood for about seven years now and never heard this much bird activity. I thought it was great but still I have to wonder.

My normally loner cats are suddenly stuck to me like glue.. The elderly cat which normally is pretty inactive, has been pacing the house nightly, then sleeping right between our son and I.
The younger cat who is more of the night huntress type, has been staying almost the entire night by my head, in a hunched sitting position as if very watchful. She is super clingy and has been following me non stop for at least 3 days. When I went to throw the garbage out the other night, she sat and cried and howled at the door (according to my husband) until I returned. I thought it was quite odd but soon found out that my mom's cats are acting the same way and her jack russell terrier is acting VERY unusually. Even last night, he whined and sniffed through the crack in the door, very distressed about whatever is outside. He has been very needy and worried.

I started to experience (very suddenly) last week severe headaches..to the point I actually got medical attention. No one could give me a reason. Yesterday as I left my house, I realized I was getting another bad stabbing headache. My little boy, age 4, suddenly told me "My head hurts, mommy.."
The sky was normal and we are not having storms.

Last Thursday, I photographed some very similar clouds to what you posted.. on the drive back to La Jolla from San Marcos..looking west, about 5pm. I will try and post them here. It looked so bizarre that I actually felt compelled to get my camera from my purse and snap them while driving. The sun, low in the sky, had a very strange haze over it that was not the typical marine layer. It was trailed from hither to yon towards the ocean. Later that evening is when we first got reports about the Japanese quake.

I keep feeling my floor at home vibrating and shaking. I have all tile floors and even set my son's cars on the floor to watch them roll a little. We live very near the Rose Canyon fault, so I was a little worried. I realized yesterday that my living room floor was very slightly raised in the middle, as if the tiles had shifted a tiny bit. It is disconcerting, to say the least. No construction work has been going on nearby.

Nearby at Miramar Base, I've seen a LOT of activity, including huge passenger planes taking off. I asked my ex (daughter's father) who is a military brat and aerospace engineer about the huge planes. He was under the impression there is a large deployment going on based on my plane descriptions.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

I've seen and photographed 14 separate instances of this phenomenon in the last three years, called a 'circumhorizon arc'.

circumhorizon arc

There is a similar arc that is seen higher up in similar situations but the colors are reversed, a 'circumzenith arc'.

circumzenith arc

It is not rare and it is definitely NOT earthquake related. It was coincidence that it was seen before an earthquake.

This website has some great information on how these arcs are formed:

Atmospheric optics

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SyxDal

You are very welcome, as the name says "Deny ignorance" also thanks so much for the very informative link you provided, there's someone on another thread asking for this type of information. I'll will direct him to your post. Stay safe Cheers

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
god hates rainbows

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

I'm wondering if the glow-ey rainbowish thing in the clouds could have something to do with water vapor and sunlight.... possibly someone with some meteorological training would know about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by squidqueen

I should retract this statement...I would if I knew how.... I should also read more before I answer. I was flying in a plane (commercial type) and looked down to see the shadow of the plane on the ground...surrounded by a complete circle rainbow...was really cool. Have only seen that the one time.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Signs That California May Be Next For Quake?

In response to your question above.

I rather suspect that nearly everyone living in an earthquake zone, is suspecting that they may be next.

Just like after the Boxing day Tsunami everyone in every country (Even land locked ones!) probably asked themselves.....are we next?

Just look at what's happening now with the nuclear scare.........Merkel has shut down a number of their older nuclear plants in Germany and Russia and other European countries have order a review of the safety of all their nuclear plants.

So this massive destructive force of nature just focusses the mind into what "might" happen in other areas....and no doubt you are seeing signs.......that had the Japan earthquake never occurred........would have meant nothing of any significance to you.

Yes, dead animals have been showing up in various places......but that has always happened, especially when man began to use nature's resources to fuel it's own existence.

There is no doubt, another major earthquake ( Perhaps not on the same scale as Japan) will occur somewhere on Earth in 2011.
But for now, there is no way of telling just exactly where or when this will be.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have been watching the west coast for a week now and i noticed that right after the quake in japan things went very quiet around the west coast fault line. today and yesterday things appear to be getting a little more active. i guess my point is that as one member stated for every action there is a reaction. everywhere around the ring of fire has been very active except the west coast of america, to my mind it only stands to reason that it is only a matter of time before something big strikes here

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join