It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have a geiger counter, start taking readings (if you live on the west coast of US and Canada)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
With an explosion at the 3rd reactor of the Fukushima Nuclear power plant the situation is NOT under control. The explosion is worse then the explosion at the 1st reactor. There is no concrete left, just the metal structure.
The media is downplaying this TO THE MAX. IT IS NOT UNDERCONTROL IF a 2ND EXPLOSION HAS GONE OFF. It is time to put the power in OUR hands and start taking readings.
If you have a geiger counter NOW is the time to start taking readings. Take a reading to get a background level. Radiation will take 30-40 hours to reach us, so tomorrow i would start taking readings every 15min-1hr.
We need to get a move on with this right now. The media is not helping us at all. There was no warning of an explosion, it is time to put the power in our hands people.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
No offence intended, but who the heck would have a geiger counter?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I used to have an old fasioned radiation detector , where the balls drop when it detects an unsafe level. I have had that thing 40 years. Balls still floating. Go figure I can not find it now. I think I saw it a month ago and put it somewhere , and can not remember where.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It's on the #ing news please take this seriously. Look what happened with the first reactor. This reactor is stronger, and the explosion was alot more powerful. This is serious

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I can understand your cause for concern and monitoring of levels is not a bad idea but how will this empower you?

I'm not trying to undermine you in any way but if a radioactive cloud does come your way there isn't a lot you can do about.

It will leave a residue if it makes land that may stay there for years and years.

The best thing to do is stay calm. Monitor the situation if you like but the wind can carry the radioactive particles for thousands of miles. If it's going to come your way there's not really a lot you can do.

I hope it doesn't and I hope that you will all be safe, bless you.
edit on 13-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

I m taking this seriosly ...but to walk with geiger counter around my neghboorhood ...c'mooon dude

it's level 4 for now ...with local consequences...stay sane and calm ..

SMR

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

If you find this thread of no interest to you, why bother ? Make fun ? Why waste your time ? Post count ?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

If you find this thread of no interest to you, why bother ? Make fun ? Why waste your time ? Post count ?

Better to waste time on this thread with some fun and smile instead to go outside with geiger counter ...there is a people which is their job to measure radiation and give warnings and they are payed for that.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I ordered a little fallout detector from www.ki4u.com for $75. Don't know when it will arrive though.

I live on the West Coast and I do not trust the media or the government to be honest. If any fallout residue does reach us, it probably won't be much but at least we can be alerted to stay indoors if necessary.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yeah, right. 'What's a little fallout" anyway...
Save it for later Mr.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
I ordered a little fallout detector from www.ki4u.com for $75. Don't know when it will arrive though.

I live on the West Coast and I do not trust the media or the government to be honest. If any fallout residue does reach us, it probably won't be much but at least we can be alerted to stay indoors if necessary.

I was just thinking the same thing about the MSM and the Govt. Everything is being downplayed as much as possible.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Originally posted by SMR

Better to waste time on this thread with some fun and smile instead to go outside with geiger counter ...there is a people which is their job to measure radiation and give warnings and they are payed for that.

Yeah post count...................

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Online counters are here: Radiation Network.

Haven't found a gov't resource at NOAA- Rad Network is dedicated amateurs.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
3 words, Chernobyl dude.
Oops that was 2.
Well i guess i am wrong too, the radiation has a long way to travel before it hits the states and there are still some areas in the old ussr that are very liveable.
Don't sweat it.

SMR

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It may be fun to you but some folks here are serious. They don't need to be made fun of with sarcastic comments when they are genuinely scared. If you feel no threat, good for you.
No reason why public citizens cant have Geiger counters, is there ? That's like like going in to the quake thread and telling members they are silly for using GEE when we have USGS.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I used to have an old fasioned radiation detector , where the balls drop when it detects an unsafe level. I have had that thing 40 years. Balls still floating. Go figure I can not find it now. I think I saw it a month ago and put it somewhere , and can not remember where.

I think my balls would drop too if i saw the unsafe level indicator...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You don't need to walk around your neighbourhood. Just walk around your property its that easy.
Even though its a level 4, it could still rise. and its better to be safe then sorry
edit on 13-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Fear brings more fear and nothing good
Poster Chakotay gave the link of radiation map in US updated live every 3 min and that by amateurs, common people ..not goverment . So i was only comenting on thread title , and i mean that is completely unnecessary to go out with geiger counters .
edit on 13-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

I don't live on the west coast but if you need readings from people nationwide I would like to participate. I have an old civil defense gieger counter that's never been used. I hope it still works.

<<   2 >>

join