It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreaming/astral projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hello i wouldlike to know what ways you can go from a lucid dream to astral project, can anyone out there help me........

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The way I did it was just intend to have an OOBE, and I just flew up up up untill I felt myself breaking free (including the often mentioned vibrations that often accompany the beginning of OOBE stages).

Btw I won't close this thread yet, because I'm not sure if we discussed this specific aspect of Astral Projection yet.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yeh thanks bandit,

Ive looked into all and i can lucid dream but i cant astral project and some people said to me online when i asked that that it was the same thing, i justifyed my point and they became quiet lol.

But i was wondering if your lucid in a dream how can you go astral?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well I did answer your question to a point. After I did that, the dream dissapeared and I found myself floating in my room about five feet away from my bed, with a few creatures surrounding me. When I ignored them the room became much clearer. It was my first OOBE, but still the one where my vision was the clearest. But it only lasted a short while because the phone rang, and I was so stupid to force myself back into my body so I could pick up the phone.

But an OOBE becomes an Astral Projection as soon as you decide to travel to a different location and realm than the real time zone.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Or is there even a difference between the 2 just our perception of the reality that clouds us from seeing everything like this does.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well IMO in a lucid dream, everything you see around you is a creation of your own mind, mainly of the subconscious mind. In an Astral Projection you see the creations of other (mostly higher and more advanced) beings, entities, groups of entities and things...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In my personall experiance...there is a HUGE differnace between dreaming lucid and the ability to have your soul leave the physicall body.

Ive been a lucid dreamer for 20 years.....and only once have I conciously left my body.......and they were unconnected events. Being in the lucid state did not get me OUT of body
I am a newbee to the OOBE thing...I am working on it...but for SURE there was a big differance between OOBE and having 'dream' control.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I lucid dream every single night that i dream, which is most every night.I have never had an "Out Of Body Experience", and sadly so.I seem to levitate at will in my dreams, and i always do it in front of others, as to astonish them.Most times they ask me "how do you do that, its amasing" and once i start to levitate, i can shoot off into the sky rather rapidly.I have flown into space and to other places before, and also all over earth. And sometimes i fly all night, and seem to "snap" out of my dreams abrubptly, never a graceful awakning,is this the discription of an "O.B.E"?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
Hello i wouldlike to know what ways you can go from a lucid dream to astral project, can anyone out there help me........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well i tryed an OOBE last night

But it didnt work as far as i know

All i got was the feeling like my body was an electric current as well as (while in a meditated trance) a better more sharp touch feel, Heard loud ringing sounds as well as i was going up and down (But not much) i couldnt see anything (The room was picth black anyway dunno weather your suppost 2 be able 2 see in the dark or not) and it felt like my body was paralised (Sleep paralisation maby? was pretty scary that part) while i could still move it but i had to lower my level of trance

I also seem to sleep with my eyes open or half open (yep its even included on me medical record lol so i can see things while im trying to sleep) it can be pretty annoying at times

So eather i knocked my body and mind into overdrive or i did have an OOBE and didnt exacly go anywhere (i was fully consiousness)

So i sorta failed i guess :/

If any 1 wanna comment on this feel free as i dont know if i did anything

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Crash]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Fantastic guide Tamahu, i have been looking for a guide such as this for a long while,many thanks...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by lucidvisions
Fantastic guide Tamahu, i have been looking for a guide such as this for a long while,many thanks...

Ah no doubt.

PEACE.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
The way I did it was just intend to have an OOBE, and I just flew up up up untill I felt myself breaking free (including the often mentioned vibrations that often accompany the beginning of OOBE stages).

Btw I won't close this thread yet, because I'm not sure if we discussed this specific aspect of Astral Projection yet.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by TheBandit795]

I have been flying a lot in my dreams. One that I had a couple of days ago I was traveling up and up until i was in a glowing ball of some sort( I don't know how to explain it but all i could see was a orange like glow and nothing else). Then I woke up(Thought I woke up) I was in a hotel room and a man that looked like richard simmons come out form behind the curtians along with a family of mexicans. I asked them what they were doing in my hotel room and he said that they were there before me. Then I actually woke up in my real hotel room. Could I have been trying to have an OBE?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
lucid dreaming is a way to oobe's perhaps not as direct but the effect can be the same if u can escape the dreamworld , and replace it with the real one , this is just another level of your lucid dreaming , when u dream u create a double so to speak , and when u learn to lucid dream , if u can travel anywhere u want in them then pick a place and go to it it could be your own room , in which you see your own body , tho if u can break thro one technique that might help is to goto sleep whitin the lucid dream , you should wake up into a world more real then this , if u can pick real places when u should be able to observe real things happining just like a oobe
some ppl use a trance to do this , as always its a little different for us all , tho some say u can achive oobe with out sleep being a factor , strong vibrations are the side effect and sometimes become so strong that ppl abodone there attemps

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have some info to provide here, regarding Hod(Astral Plane) and the Astral double:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

Astral: This term is dervied from "pertaining to or proceeding from the stars," but in the esoteric knowledge it refers to the emotional aspect of the fifth dimension, which in Hebrew is called Hod. Related terms are below.

Astral Body: What is commonly called the Astral Body is not the true Astral Body, it is rather the Lunar Protoplasmatic Body, also known as the Kama Rupa or Body of Desires. The true Astral Body is Solar (being superior to Lunar Nature) and must be created, as the Master Jesus indicated in the Gospel of John 3:5-6, "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." This body is related to the emotional center and to the sephirah Hod.

Astral Light: "The Astral Light is the deposit of all of great Nature�s past, present and future forms. The Astral Light is the Azoth and Magnesia of the ancient Alchemists, Medea�s Flying Dragon, the Christians� INRI, the Tarot of the Bohemians. The Astral Light is a terrific sexual fire springing from the Sun�s nimbus and is fixed to the Earth by the force of gravity and the weight of the atmosphere. The Sun is the one that attracts and repels such an enchanting and delightful light. The Astral Light is Archimedes� lever. The old Sage said: �Give me a fulcrum and I will move the universe.� The semen is the human being�s Astral liquid. The semen is the Astral Light. The semen is the key to all powers and the key to all empires. The Astral Light has two poles, one positive and the other negative. The ascending serpent is positive. The descending serpent is negative." - The Perfect Matrimony "The Astral Light is the battle field between white and black magicians. The Astral Light is the clue of all empires and the key of all powers. It is the great universal agent of life. All the columns of angels and demons live within the Astral Light..." - The Revolution of Beelzebub

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
www.astralvoyage.com...
(this page I would send anyone to, this person is really good at exsplaining things.. Altho i think she seems to be out there on some things, but who knows ehhh..)

www.astralprojection.ws...
(this site gives a course on AP and such with a few techinques)

www.astralpulse.com...
(this site is cheezy.. but Robert Bruce i think heads it up so its worth a look)

www.astralsociety.com...
(I dont know much about this site.. i havent looked at it in a long long long time..)

www.astralinfo.org...
(same as this one, havent been here much.)

On my own personal note.. I did a method on AP, tested it and worked. It was my 1st AP exp so i guess its a good technique i guess I can post it here...

Originally Posted by Me
Ok here we go... Mind Awake/Body Asleep... method... but 1st let me be the 1st to say.. I do alot of these in run on sentances that seem for ever....... see 2 I dont like to spell right its against my religion... and 3 If you can read it cool for you.. if not post where you cant read it and then I will get ya a speek and spell for christmas so it can pronounce it for you... anyway onto the cool part of this....

Mind Awake/Body Asleep..

1st I am new to this.. I did this AP'ing 15 yrs ago and stopped now i am picking it up cause of the new age of the internet... so..

this method is something like this...

If you think of 2 colors like so.. [color=#FF99CC]say pink for mind awake and blue for body asleep... they say tell yourself over and over and over mind awake body asleep I have found that way boring and made me fall asleep so here is what i did with some really good results.....

1st think of a Digital sign kinda like a alarm clock... make 2 diffrent ones in your head dont matter how you do it just make it... I set mine up like so a Green digital sign for mind awake and a Red one for body alseep... there is a reason for this tho.. the red and green... everything in life revolves around the red/green stop go type thing... so we use green as go on and red for stop.... Now that thats finished we think up things to say other than Mind awake/body asleep as I said its boring..

Ok in the beginning its good to start with mind awake body asleep.. with inhaling exhaling.. thru the nose only... after about 5 mins start getting creative wit the wording.... like

Mind awake green sign I would see the green digital sign saying as i thought it this...
My Mind is completely aware and councious of what is going on.... like that or something...

Then we switch over to the [color=#red]red sign and go... My Body is getting very relaxed.. Deeply relaxed..
(Keep in mind at this part.. you have to see the words as you think them out on the digital sign...)
Now keep doing that till you die... and be very creative in ur wording cause its a good idea.... exp for the body asleep... here is a few examples I have said to myself...

EXP:

Body Asleep: Red sign

My Body is getting deeply relaxed so deeply relaxed.
MY Body is getting completely relaxed totally relaxed..

Now you run out of crap to say then you add this.. also works good..

My Body is completely and totally relaxed.... x's 2 meaning the same thing as 2 x 2 = 4 you will feel a big diffrence when said...

Now when you think you are ready and you compltely and totally think you are relaxed enough... imagine you floating out of your body about 3 or 5 ft above urself and look at urself.... this is where it gets intense at least for me... and since i am sharing this for the 1st time.. I would like feed back... on what you felt thought.... anyway this is where it gets intense... I cant stress enough... MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS OFF THE HOOK...
cause thats what messed my AP chance on this one... anyway my heart started pounding like crazy like it was going to blow up out of my chest.. I started feeling vibrations... but they werent as intnse as everyone kept saying they were.. which might mean I didnt stay focused enough.... I donno.. also... what ever happens dont pay attention on it... pay attention to looking at urself cause it will help out alot... and I do mean ALOT OF CRAP HAPPENS in them few sex....

anyway that is my idea on the Mind awake/Bpdy asleep method.... I think it will really work.... if you give it time.... key there is GIVE IT TIME...

Its the old Mind Awake/Body asleep method, the diffrence to this is that I added self hypnosis to it.. so when u see a color its used to bring up example there red body asleep, green mind awake.

THis method I used so it worked.. Altho I would only out for a few seconds I guess.. you are welcomed to try and use it.. but i would go to a few of the sites above.

But i have to mention to you, its not for someone to tell you which way is a good way and which is a bad way.. you have to figure that part out on your own.. Its kinda like.. I like grapefruit but you dont.. everyone has thier own taste in things.. so if this dont worj for you try to find other techniques..

also I have never lucid dreampt before..

[edit on 31-7-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well thanks everyone for your input, whilst i was away for a week i began to find it more easily. Its just about holding onto conciousness whilst the body sleeps and the mind begins to dream, then you can have some fun lol.

top topics

join