It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

massive whirlpool in japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
this is amazing.
where is all the water going?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I need a better gif maker but here is one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66ed6c886e13.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I saw this footage on the news, absolutely amazing!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadfortruth1
this is amazing.
where is all the water going?
www.youtube.com...

For people who reserve things for a Friday night, this was not a good night to do things - These things are freaking me out

thats damn scary

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
when did this get filmed?
Related to quake maybe?
What worrries me about this stuff is if the water will get into the magma system,.
Boom
edit on 11-3-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
when did this get filmed?
Related to quake maybe?
What worrries me about this stuff is if the water will get into the magma system,.
Boom
edit on 11-3-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

Says in the details, it happened 2 hours after the quake.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Believe it or not these whirlpools are common along some coastal area as underwater currentsd snag up on ground projections etc.
In BC they are common along the northeast coast of vancouver island.....Which is why they blew up ripple rock with the biggest non nuclear explosion yet years ago.....This was north of campbell river on van island. the water will come up again sometimes miles from the whirlpool.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
WOW, bump

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow. I was just watching this on CNN. It looks like someone pulled the plug on the bathtub drain.
Is there a giant hole that opened up on the sea floor after the earthquake?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They had one in Santa Cruz too, I saw it on the news. They are being hit right now.. Boats loose and one is sinking. Water is really muddy brown. Crazy

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think it's now safe to say that we are experiencing something out of the ordinary, I am betting that this year is going to get very interesting.

I previously felt that the 'events' of late were nothing too unusual and could be explained away, but there is just too much going on around us for everyone to keep fobbing each other off with so called facts and figures.

Earth is telling us something, and probably something we don't want to hear.

That whirlpool looks stunningly devastating

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Anyone know what happened to the boat?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
They had one in Santa Cruz too, I saw it on the news. They are being hit right now.. Boats loose and one is sinking. Water is really muddy brown. Crazy

berkeleygal, any links for your claim yet? I can't find verification on this...

Here's the Japanese youtube video embeded:

Yellowstone, San Andreas fault zone, and Long Valley all shook up pretty good!

edit on 11-3-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

no links. watching local channels, switching back and forth, I need 5 TV's!

eta:

also watching live streaming cam from laguna beach on the computer. waiting to see the surge there.
abclocal.go.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseWuti

I agree. i feel somthing big is going on, I hope we are wrong.
Queensland Australia is experiancing flooding again. third time in less than 6 months, so much for once in a hundred year flood

im tending to believe it has somthing to do with our sun, it looks very active at the moment.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
and all the recent quakes have happened in the day light

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I notice the whirlpool is moving counter clockwise are all the whirlpools that have been reported moving in the same direction? different directions depending where they are at? Whats a whirlpools common rotation or does it even have one?. Anyone know more about whirlpools. Because I heard depending on where you are in the world your toilet water flushes in a different direction is this true?..and does it apply the same to a whirlpool

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

The whirlpool was created as the flood waters started to receed back into the ocean and coming across a strong natural current at that location. Pretty awesome sight never-the-less!
edit on 11/3/2011 by Freelancer because: Bah! Typo's

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This particular vortex is caused by two different currents meeting, however there are many causes for whirpools in nature. It happens when a fast moving current collides with a slow moving current (probably slow because of the gradient of the earth underneath it), which causes the fast moving current to bend around the slow moving current. This then causes the slow moving current to go round and round because the faster current has more energy, thus making it impossible for the slower moving current to "escape" the faster.

The water isn't going down some hole to the core or anything, it will simply be dispersed in all directions once it reaches the "bottom".

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scops
Anyone know what happened to the boat?
Yeah I second that...what happened to those poor people on the boat.

A sincere thanks to everyone who explained how whirlpools are caused. I didn't know and appreciated the free education. I'm glad to know that boat at least wasn't getting sucked into a giant hole. Yeah...my education is that deficient, at least in this area of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Well it might not have had anybody onboard, which i'm guessing as the boat didn't look like it was trying to escape and the engines weren't going. But if it did have people onboard, hopefully they got the engines started and got out of the pool, if not they would have been sucked down to the floor...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join