It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Advanced Concepts in 5,000 Year Old Hindu Scripture!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NebuchadnezzarIII

I began learning some of this from watching the "Ancient Astronaut" shows on cable....very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing OP!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thank you for interesting information. I was familiar with the concept of Vimanas and the other things mentioned in your post, as I've watched Ramayana and Mahabharata as TV series, but I couldn't relate some of those things to ETs and science. Now that I think about it, I do agree there could be some connection if it's not a coincidence. But how is this coming to picture now, when people knew about Vedas since the start I don't understand...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Hate to say it, but everything i can find on the vimana found in afghanistan starts 'rumours circulating in the kremlin.'
Sory to put a damper on this, as its a fascinating subject and i would have loved for it to be true.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Learningman

Sorcha Faal Sorcha faal link to original source.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky didnt you produce a thread on ATS on this subject..I cant remember ..read so many of your threads.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wow, this ties in really well with my most recent addition to my thread on Ancient Astronaut Theory (which I also saw a few others bring up on this page)

Good Stuff - S&F.

edit on 3/11/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

many thanks for your article, its always beneficial to remember that long before Christ, plenty of wisdom and science was around. I am sure there were plenty of bad things just like today, but that is mainly because not many people had access to this science. If the ignorant just continue to live ignorantly what advancement can we expect?
Nowadays, with the benefit of the internet, so much is available. So let us grow with that blessing, its that recycling of info that awakens us and moves us closer to the truth that was always here.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Sorry, what is TPTB? Excellent post by the way. I just finished reading the Ramayana for the first time, I must say it is an amazing read and I will read it again and again. I find it most interesting because after I read it, I saw an article telling how Rama's bridge that was built by the Vanara is still visable today, you can also view the image on google earth. So kind of sparked more interest for me. Sorry for the rambling, awesome information.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by minortimes

Hey minortimes - thanks.
TPTB are "the powers that be". You can read about it here.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiel
Great post, but you should filter your sources;
Swami Devamrita is not a reliable source!

Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3

'With bones of Dadhyach for his arms, Indra, resistless in attack, Struck nine-and-ninety Vritras dead, He, searching for the horse's head, removed among the mountains, found at Saryanâvân what he sought. Then verily they recognized the essential form of Tvashtar's Bull. Here in the mansion of the Moon.'
(This hymn you also find in the the first book of the Rig-Veda; HYMN LXXXIV. Indra.)

This is how I read this hymn:
"One early Sunday morning when Indra had just came down from an extreme all night psychedelic trip; on where he had fought and conquered a large number of personal issues.
He was in an exhausted physical state of well being, and were searching the mountains for some mature and naturally sun-dried amanita; to help him sleep.
He searched all day without finding any, but by the lake of Saryanavan -he found some fresh young shroom buttons, which was OK since it already had become night."
That translation sounds a lot more believable than this one:

Originally posted by NebuchadnezzarIII
“The atomic energy fissions the ninety-nine elements, covering its path by the bombardments of neutrons without let or hindrance. Desirous of stalking the head, ie. the chief part of the swift power, hiden in the mass of molecular adjustments of the elements, this atomic energy approaches it in the very act of fissioning it by the above-noted bombardment. Herein, verily the scientists know the similar hidden striking force of the rays of the sun working in the orbit of the moon.” (Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3)
Neutrons???

Neutrons???

I'm opposed to the idea our ancestors were dummies, some of them were very smart so I agree with your post to that extent. But I doubt they had knowledge of neutrons. That neutron translation doesn't pass the BS detector test. The translation Nakiel posted sounds much more credible.

Twenty-four centuries before Isaac Newton, the Rig Veda stated that gravitation held the universe together. The Aryans believed in a spherical earth while the Greeks believed in a flat one.
This is also false. Did you ever hear of Eratosthenes?

He was the first person to calculate the circumference of the earth by using a measuring system using stades, or the length of stadiums during that time period (with remarkable accuracy). He was the first person to prove that the Earth was round.
Not only did Eratosthenes, an ancient Greek, know the Earth was round, but he measured how big it was, and quite accurately given the tools available at the time.

Even centuries before Erastothenes, the Ancient Greeks thought the Earth was spherical:

Spherical Earth

The concept of a spherical Earth dates back to ancient Greek philosophy from around the 6th century BC,[1] but remained a matter of philosophical speculation until the 3rd century BC when Hellenistic astronomy established the spherical shape of the earth as a physical given.
I agree with nakiel, I think this is an interesting topic, but you need to find some more reliable sources for your research because there is some interesting literature and it doesn't do it justice to throw in a bunch of obviously false claims, it destroys credibility. Maybe do some more research from some more credible sources, and make a new thread with more believable claims? I'm sure they will still be interesting without the obviously false claims thrown in.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by minortimes

Hey minortimes - thanks.
TPTB are "the powers that be". You can read about it here.

great thread N111! i'm sure there is nothing new under the sun, as has been said. many civilizations have come and gone and the present one likely will follow suit.
the hindu astrologers said that 2000 years hence (which is now) ethics and morality will be turned upside down. its quite obvious we are in that era. yoga teaches that evil must be done, but woe unto those that do it. it all suggests cycles of comfort/good and discomfort/bad. another yogini said the spirit inhabiting the earth is due for initiation and this planet must be cleansed.
i have a fascinating book by a swami sarasvati(male) that deals with the anatomy of the physical, astral and causal bodies. its called "science of soul". the indian knowledge of life and reality dwarfs that of the west and possibly any other country. in the 70's i met a 21 y.o. ozzie that had studied under a master in bihar for 5 years and he demonstrated to me his self adjustment of his own spine. he sat in the lotus and mentally fired a bolt of prana at each vertebrae in succession like a machine gun. from top to bottom on the left and then same on the right. quick as a machine gun. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. a fast succession of clicks.

i hope that hdash who posted earlier responds with his tales of meeting with a yogi.

edit on 12-3-2011 by orangutang because: inserted name of poster

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Pythagoras

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Learningman
reply to post by Misterlondon

Hate to say it, but everything i can find on the vimana found in afghanistan starts 'rumours circulating in the kremlin.'
Sory to put a damper on this, as its a fascinating subject and i would have loved for it to be true.

What are you smoking dude/dudette?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by minortimes

Sorry, what is TPTB? Excellent post by the way. I just finished reading the Ramayana for the first time, I must say it is an amazing read and I will read it again and again. I find it most interesting because after I read it, I saw an article telling how Rama's bridge that was built by the Vanara is still visable today, you can also view the image on google earth. So kind of sparked more interest for me. Sorry for the rambling, awesome information.

In addition to the imagination, the Ramayana is a software for life itself requiring re-load if one seems to be slowing down in life due to issues and social problems. It indirectly programs the mind to be able to handle most of the social issues during the course of their life (from birth to death). However the events depicted in the epic are true such as the existence of the kingdom, the ancient weaponry, the concept of flight etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I once read a book called "Monuments of Mars" by Richard Hoagland. The main part of the book was about the apparent "Face" on mars visible in some NASA photos and the possible pyramids and other buildings not too far from it. In this book, he puts forth the proposition that it only takes a few thousand years or so for every trace of a civilization to disappear. He further proposes that, in the millions of years the earth has been habitable, there could easily have been many civilizations that reached or exceeded our current level of technology and were either wiped out or wiped themselves out. In other words, it doesn't have to be aliens. Could have been us!

Author Gregg Braden writes about an area in India where the background radiation is some 50 times higher than normal and shows all the signs of an atomic blast (Indus valley, see Moen Jo'Daro or Mohenjo Daro Harappa) I wasn't able to find which book but you can see some of the information here on the mysticalwonders site.

My question, which is I guess as much philisophical as scientific, is: have we done this before? If so, are we doing any better this time around?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

.........of water, throughELECTRICITY understand the working of ever lustrous lightening.............

Now tell me, are you still sure this was translated correctly?How could one translate the word of electricity when according to the mainstream archaeologists believe that they didnt have knowledge of electricity.

This is not translated correctly.Probably all made up.The mahabarata is so big, nobody would bother checking it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It's true. It seems like we're regaining knowledge that we already knew.
There are stories passed down our family where the Germans had stolen our books, which contained everything; engineering, science, philosophy etc, when we had allowed them to view it from my mum's side. I do believe there is an element of truth in it (not sure if it was the Germans)...her side is rather top-notch and privy to all those things.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Often, there are news of extremists from this religion and extremists from that religion, but can't we say that a modern Christian's goal is to become an extremist? To surround themselves with God, associate every event in life with God, and force people of other religions into their religion? Christians only comprise 33% of the world, so the remaining 67% all go to hell?

Nope the modern Christian goal is quite the contrary, as the Saving Grace of Jesus is available to all.
These ancient texts contain a lot of wisdom and science, but wrshipping the forces of nature is erroneous.
The nature and its foces were a creation of God and the only way to God is thru Jesus.
Remember Jesus said: No one comes to the Father, but by Me.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I always thought some ancient Greek guy proved the earth was round? He was living in Egypt at the time? dammit, I could do with a better memory.

I used to believe it was Christianity that came up with the concept of a soul. But those originating from the Indus valley had a similar concept thousands of years before Christianity came to be.

Might be a little offtopic but after reading a news article about China's growing scientific community and discoveries (currently no. 2, USA no. 1) and other Asian countries such as India it appears the West will sooner or later wake up and realize it's not the most advanced country anymore, not the most 'intelligent' as it has appeared to be to other countries for decades. I'm sure over time the Western collective as a whole will have a very different attitude about themselves and their place in the world, especially when more and more people realize many intellectual/scientific/spiritual concepts were probably copied from other religions or at least already known.
edit on 29/3/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I find it strange that there is so much debate. Ingo Swann, and Joe McMoneagle both mentioned the Vedics a great deal.

Lets look at what others have found:

www.hinduwisdom.info...

Louis Jacolliot (1837-1890), who worked in French India as a government official and was at one time President of the Court in Chandranagar, translated numerous Vedic hymns, the Manusmriti, and the Tamil work, Kural His masterpiece, La Bible dans l'Inde, stirred a storm of controversy. He praised the Vedas in his Sons of God, and said,:

"The Hindu revelation, which proclaims the slow and gradual formation of worlds, is of all revelations the only one whose ideas are in complete harmony with modern science. ".....

Sir John Woodroffe (1865-1936) the well known scholar...

Count Maurice Maeterlinck (1862-1949) was a Belgian writer of poetry, a wide variety of essays. He won the 1911 Nobel Prize for literature. In his book Mountain Paths, says:

"he falls back upon the earliest and greatest of Revelations, those of the Sacred Books of India with a Cosmogony which no European conception has ever surpassed." .....

Dr. Carl Sagan in his book Broca's Brain: Reflections on the Romance of Science, remarks::

""The idea that scientists or theologians, with our present still puny understanding of this vast and awesome cosmos, can comprehend the origins of the universe is only a little less silly than the idea that Mesopotamian astronomers of 3,000 years ago – from whom the ancient Hebrews borrowed, during the Babylonian captivity, the cosmological accounts in the first chapter of Genesis – could have understood the origins of the universe."

ancient hindu cosmology (Carl Sagen)

Forbidden Discoveries - Ancient Atomic Blast and Aeronautical Science

Ancient Aircraft Vimana's

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Only a few years ago, the Chinese discovered some Sanskrit documents in Lhasa, Tibet and sent them to the University of Chandrigarh to be translated. Dr. Ruth Reyna of the University said recently that the documents contain directions for building interstellar spaceships! Their method of propulsion, she said, was "anti- gravitational" and was based upon a system analogous to that of "laghima," the unknown power of the ego existing in man's physiological makeup, "a centrifugal force strong enough to counteract all gravitational pull."

According to Hindu Yogis, it is this "laghima" which enables a person to levitate. Dr. Reyna said that on board these machines, which were called "Astras" by the text, the ancient Indians could have sent a detachment of men onto any planet, according to the document, which is thought to be thousands of years old. The manuscripts were also said to reveal the secret of "antima", "the cap of invisibility" and "garima", "how to become as heavy as a mountain of lead". Naturally, Indian scientists did not take the texts very seriously, but then became more positive about the value of them when the Chinese announced that they were including certain parts of the data for study in their space program!. This was one of the first instances of a government admitting to be researching anti-gravity. The manuscripts did not say definitely that interplanetary travel was ever made but did mention, of all things, a planned trip to the Moon, though it is not clear whether this trip was actually carried out.

However, one of the great Indian epics, the Ramayana, does have a highly detailed story in it of a trip to the moon in a Vimana (or "Astra"), and in fact details a battle on the moon with an "Asvin" (or Atlantean) airship. This is but a small bit of recent evidence of anti-gravity and aerospace technology used by Indians. To really understand the technology, we must go much further back in time......

Rama existed, apparently, parallel to the Atlantean civilization in the mid- Atlantic Ocean, and was ruled by "enlightened Priest-Kings" who governed the cities.

There is a wide birth of interest, including historical, long before sorcha any cia disinfo campaigns began.

My post here: www.abovetopsecret.com... gives my notes from the video: Forbidden Discoveries - Ancient Atomic Blast and Aeronautical Science

Here are a few of them:

--1885, the Vaimanika Sastra, a fourth century BC text written by Maharishi Bharadvajy using older texts as his source, discovered temple India.

The Vaimanika Sastra "Science of Aeronautics" is a Sanskrit text on aeronautics, discussing construction of Vimanas (saucers)

--There are 230 stanzas dealing with the construction, take off, cruising for thousands of miles, normal and forced landing, protection of the airships from storms and lightening, and how to switch the drive to solar energy from a FREE ENERGY SOURCE.

--shows ancient craft drawings found in temple.

--1895 Sanskrit scholar Shivkar Bapuji Talpade designed a basic aircraft , called Maruksathi based on Vedic technology with a mercury vortex engine. Unmanned aircraft flew to a height of 1500 feet.

--The atomic energy fissions, the ninety-nine elements, covering its path by the bombardments of neutrons without let or hindrance. (Atharva-Veda 20.41.1-3)

--Desirous of stalking the head, ie, The chief part of the swift power, hidden in the mass of the molecular adjstments of the elements, this atomic energy approaches it in the very act of fissioning it b the above noted bombardment . (Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3)

--The Rig Veda, the oldest document of the human race, includes references to the following modes of transportation:

Jalayan--a vehicle designed to operate in air and water. (Rig Veda 6.58.3)
and
Kaara--a vehicle that operates on ground and in water. (Rig Veda 9.14.1)

It appears, all throughout history, our own leaders and PTB have also know these writings, much like our military/para military remote viewers had to study them, for even the waord Jalayan and Kaara sounds like Planes and Cars, and seemed to have a tie in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join