It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
mashable.com...

Water receeded about a minute ago, quite far back. Seems back to normal now though. No idea whats happening.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Unbelievable images from a military plain flying over Kesennuma city.

Heartbreaking...

link   
I am shaking and ready to break into tears right now!

I 2was watching news on the tsunami in S>F. area and they said the under currents could cause the San Andreas to have the biog one, even bigger than Japan! It was just on Today show news updates!!!

My Son and my Granddaughter are there!!!

They said to take this seriously! WTH?

link   
The quake struck at 2:46 pm Japan local time. As you can imagine, this would be a time of day when many families are separated attending work, school, and shopping. I'm sure we won't know the extent of the tragedy for many days & my heart is with those famlies who may still now be separated and facing an uncertain future.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
They just reported on Japanese tv that at least one train full of people near Sendai has completely disappeared- probably washed away by one of the tsunamis.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

4 waves of tsunami have already reached Philippines

www.abs-cbnnews.com...

Apparently it's not over yet either...

Been watching this all day now..

BBC showing a massive area of Sendai on fire.

link   
Ok the nuclear power plant. What magnitude earthquake is it rated. We don't know if there is a crack anywhere which is allowing water to get in and contaminating anything...we have no new information

link   
OMG I am in tears now just reading back a page on this thread. This is the worst catastrophe I have ever seen. I love Japan! I love the people, oh God Bless them.

link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Here, you can try this one - it was working for me all day until just a bit ago, but, that could be MY ISP...

TRY THIS ONE - NHK

peace

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

already did hit hawaii, keep in mind they still havent given the all clear as this could last as long as 12 hours as the waves bounce back and forth between the islands

it seems like kahalui harbor got hit the worst at having about 2m high waves, no reports of it coming inland very far, they are waiting for day to break to assess damage, expecting minimal damage to moors and boats at effected harbors and beaches

link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

has been occurring/starting to affect Hawaii since around 8:30am eastern, so far minimal damage

link   
LATEST :: Fukusima nuclear reactor cooling system expected to be restored soon - AFP

(Just heard that on Twitter, also, that all US miilitary are ok.)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
CNN is saying that an 8ft wave will hit the westcoast at 500 miles per hour. Is there any webcams on the coast? Sorry if this has been posted. Thanks...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Ok the nuclear power plant. What magnitude earthquake is it rated. We don't know if there is a crack anywhere which is allowing water to get in and contaminating anything...we have no new information

I just heard on CNN they are able to withstand a 7.5. The UN is closely monitoring all the sites as concerns are they may not have enough energy to generate the cooling process.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
search.japantimes.co.jp...

mdn.mainichi.jp...

A few Japan news links, although traffic is very high on those sites.

A few more national news sites.

www.topix.com...

sg.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: EDIT: ???? Tried to post a few links, not sure which link is the dodgy one??

edit on 11-3-2011 by Crakeur because: removed link causing the issue

link   
thank you for the hawaii updates!

this is scary stuff

link   
In the last 30 minutes, Japanese tv has reported 2 more earthquakes off the east coast of Japan at 4.0+ magnitude.

link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I was working on my home business last night when this struck, I fell into a chair and thought I was going to faint, had the kids bring me cold water immediately, I was in a cold sweat and thought my blood pressure was going through the roof, dehydration sensation and vertigo.

Many people were sensitive to this, we are one. I am so devastated for the people directly affected by this.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Hope your right fox was reporting on some nuclear plants being in evacuated while showing the live footage I could very well b a refinery since I haven't heard any independent source that can confirm a nuclear plant has had any explosion although the possibility is not out of the question. I would also like to point out how fox news change to another live footage right after the huge explosion I would think they would stay on that camera

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Interestingly enough last night the earth's magnetic field began to dip sharply south last night, causing some aurora to be visible in the northern states. We were also being impacted with CME's from the time of the 7.2 to this big one. The site that holds all the information on this seems to be down so i can't post it. However when I saw this I started to scour the planet for any tectonic disturbances.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join