It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
... the high "absurd" factor that used to characterize alien encounters? Most contact today seems to be in the form of "abuductions" that are similar to the famous Betty and Barney Hill case (although even that had an odd element: a Nazi watching over everything that happened.) Back in the early decades of the UFO era really stange things used to happen.

Examples:

- In 1968 an Argentinian boy was handed a written message saying "You Shall Know The World". It was signed by one "F. Saucer".

- A Venezualan contactee asked his 8 foot tall guests wih yellow hair and bulging eyes if there were any others like themselves on Earth, to which one replied: "Yes. 2,417,805"

- In 1954 a Frenchman came across a UFO with a small being sitting in front of it. The entity kept on repeating: "Truth is denied to the constipated" and "What you call cancer comes from the teeth".

- One man was asked the time by an alien. He replied that is was 2:30 (it was). The alien shot back "You lie. It's 4 o'clock". The same man was asked by the pilot of the UFO if they were in Germany or Italy (there were in France).

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biggie
... the high "absurd" factor that used to characterize alien encounters? ...

Oh it still lives on...sister earth & co

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There seems to still be a lot of odd encounters with ETs. At least if you go by the catalogued reports on ufoinfo.com. Reports from the 1930s to 2004 are on there and updated frequently and it seems to be that 2004 is no exception to the rule for ET encounters.

www.ufoinfo.com...

One of the most vividly funny/absurd ones that comes to mind is from 2000 where a guy in a boat was shooting at a triangle hovering over him. A hatch opened on the triangle and something yelled out "Stop shooting at us you idiot!".

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
lol heelstone, now thats classic. If it was true, it could be the tr3b, but I am surpised that they stopped and talked to him-probably not true, but very funny non the less.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Maybe now, memories are now retrieved better, or abductees can recall on their own better. I know in my case, they may keep me from knowing right away, but sooner or later the memories DO SURFACE.
The funniest old report I have heard is that a saucer landed, a man got out and yelled, "I AM JIMMY HOFFA!"

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Occasionally you'll come across a good one every now and then. Especially on this board. If you'd like to hear some truly puzzling nonsense I suggest you search for posts by Imzadi, EarthSister & Paul_Richard. One claims to be an alien, one claims to talk to aliens and the other claims to escape alien capture on occasion.

[edit on 7/20/2004 by Sinobyte]

top topics

join