It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling for positive ideas on how to effect political change...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
When I was younger, it was said that the minimum required to achieve political and legal change in Australia (my country of birth) was 12 dedicated people.

I have spoken about this to my children (who's political apathy is appalling) and they seem to believe that nothing they can do individually has any effect. I disagree strongly and based upon my experiences (e.g: I was one of the participants in the launch of a political party in New Zealand back in 2004 and now they are in coalition government here today) believe that it is our duty to effect change and uphold justice.

I believe in the democratic process and non-violent opposition to unjust government and that there is a need to protest and oppose TPTB.

With the changes sweeping the middle east (I truly applaud the bravery and dedication of those opposing dictatorial, violent and unjust governments) I started thinking of ways that we could be most effective in defending or gaining freedoms and effecting political change.

Perhaps others could comment on how many "leaders" would be required to achieve change in the short term, in their respective countries and suggest of methods for doing so (hopefully legal ones).

edit on 10/3/2011 by chr0naut because: Improvement to the thread title.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Kudos to you if you have been involved in starting a political party that is now influential.

Meanwhile, here in the UK, I find it difficult to even encourage my friends to vote, such is their apathy. I very much doubt anyone I know would put their head above the parapet and try to become involved in politics - mainly because they (and I, to be honest) would not want to give any legitimacy to the current system(s). I like to think my friends are not stupid or lazy, they're just not prepared to participate any longer.

So protests, mayhem and resultant reduction in tax revenues is probably the only way to go over here if real change is to happen. We just need to take our collective head out of the sand and grow some balls!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think the only option we as citizens are left with, is to stop paying all forms of tax. We all complain and rant but how many of us still fund the genocide in the middle east and the false flag attacks? We have to cut off the supply of money to these criminals its the only way I see a loud enough message being sent, in a peaceful way. Aside from the immorality, unjustness, and cruelty, taxation is pure slavery in modern form. Lets break the chains people!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I appreciate your activism, and I would say that first and foremost, people can not be silent about injustice.

The more a government infringes upon the rights of the people, the louder the people should become.

One very effective tool to use, to help gain support, is the use of humorous ridicule.

www.rferl.org...

Nobody likes to be made fun of, especially when it is apparent that they are complete and utter morons, like the government.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

Why do people who believe in UFO's or Bigfoot or Ghosts or any other such thing, not taken seriously?

The answer is obvious, because they are ridiculed.

It is time to start ridiculing the governments of the world fiercely. It may be the only way to get the apathetic to agree.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: added more commentary

edit on 10-3-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: added another video

edit on 10-3-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

there is a party in the united states which has studied this topic for many years. they have read, re-read and committed to memory the work of marx, lenin, trotsky. stalin, hitler, chairman mao, saul alinsky, frances fox piven, che guevara, hugo chavez...et al.

sadly, they have based their activities on the negative, as their agenda is truly evil in its ultimate goal.

this particular party has developed the art of political propaganda, ideologically oriented violence & murder, extortion, election theft, and institutional corruption on multiple levels to a very fine art.

the "political" change they wish to institute is only incidental to their ultimate goal of creating and enforcing a slave class and a ruling class across the globe. they of course will occupy the ruling class, while we will be relegated to the slave ranks.

this party is called the democratic party.

they masquerade as "liberals", "progressives", "left wing", "intellectuals", "elite", "globalists", "environmentalists" and various other silly labels in order to hide from their true name and to obfuscate their true identities.

their true name is FASCIST.

In order to project positive political change, you should obviously do the opposite of what this cadre of criminals do.

demand fair elections; disallow union "collective" bargaining, reverse the income tax and any "progressive" taxes; let personal property remain personal; ensure the private ownership of land, goods, valuables, etc. ensure the private ownership of what we call "2nd Amendment" rights; demand an end to racial quotas; disallow gerrymandering of political / congressional districts; eliminate any type of media "fairness doctrine"; eliminate the notion of the "death tax". deny progressives the right to kill the elderly and unborn babies; disallow the use of public moneys for the funding of ridiculous political and social agendas; allow free expression, speech and religious practice. allow a free press;

furthermore, and possibly most importantly - warn your children about the true "progressive" agenda, which is nothing less than mass murder, enslavement and institutionalized corruption. teach them what freedom really is.

i think this is a recipe for ensuring positive political change.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

This is the best response. I agree 100%. But i worry that its going to take a sledge hammer to get peoples attention. Im from Australia and people just... simply.... dont...care...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Be fair, no favorites.
Treat the people who follow as they are seeking guidance, not take advantage of them for following. Dont lie. If a task is too hard to overcome with simple meens then tell public the truth dont lie to win election because a better person with better solutions may be overlooked. People really count on these politicians for their lives and it seems the politicians care for themselves overall. AND QUIT MAKING PEOPLE FEEL LIKE BIG BROTHER ECT. IS OUT TO GET THEM...... UNLESS HE IS..
be well
edit on 3/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Thats the problem we have here in the states too. Americans think that if they go about their business, and pay their taxes they're being a good human being. None of them stop to realize what they are actually funding, because none of them really care. As long as gas is still affordable, and the TV is on everyone seems to be happy in their trance. The sad thing is even after you explain these things to people, they still think that they're doing their part in making the world a better place. We got it all "ass backwards" as they say. I'm not the type of leader to organize such a thing, but I can't wait for the day where a large scale anti-tax movement comes about. Imagine millions of united human beings declaring no more taxes, it would be GAME OVER for the elites.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

Some ideas:

1. Peaceful protest, though largely ineffective, is still one way to signal dissent.
  2. Petitions with numerous signatories (and also with targeted demographics, i.e: the people most affected).
  3. Often, letters to the editor of large newspapers and 'phone calls to television news services can be highly effective in promoting causes (a single letter is reconed to be equivalent to the opinion of 20,000 subscribers). How about a letter wrtiting campaign by groups of people?
  4. Doorknocking campaigns can generate a groundswell of public opinion (in 2004 we organised a doorknocking campaign, targeting specific demographics, and we estimate that we spoke directly to over 1.5 million people in three months).
  5. Simply write to your local members for all parties so they know what their constituents actually want.
  6. Call meetings of concerned citizens, businesses & government representatives to address specific issues.
  7. And now, Facebook, Twitter & the whole "social networking" suite of tools.

Above all, be clear what the problem is and what you want. There are so many side-issues that can derail the main point so just let the side-issues slide & concentrate on the specific.

edit on 10/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My first concern would not be how to effect change, but how to assimilate the tasks that need be done to keep the country in motion.
Here in the USA the government is so huge and lords over so many responsibilities that the logistics of the project makes the imagination jump into high gear.
Like with any project it's plan your work then work your plan. Realize what the end goal(s) are then work backwards to construct the plan of achievement.
In America I would like to see Senate & Congress replaced by representatives of the people according to the peoples wishes, whether it is by State, population, etcetera. Vote on it.
There would be a lengthy reconstruction period as we correct past errors. Eligible citizens would vote online daily on a variety of issues represented with honesty and facts. The country run by the people, for the people.
In this fantasy I would hope to see the Federal Reserve dissolved along with its Depositories and Wall Street gambling houses. Buildings, property and holdings of religions would be taxed their fair share. Halt the war machine, bring home our veterans and keep them busy on American soil. Find out what American military bases around the world can be shut down without putting us in peril or placing someone in harm because of what we've already done, and stop playing Daddy to the world. And a lot of laws and bills and whatever you want to call documents that have official stamps on them will have to be studied, overturned and thrown away.
As long as I am reaching for Utopia I would also like to see America become more relaxed, more time for play, vacation. There was a new car division some years ago called Saturn. They took a look at what was really good about a lot of cars and tried to put it into their car, and at an affordable price. It would be smart to look around the world, see what others are having success at, and try to follow their lead. Their are too many categories of lifes essentials that Americans pay the most for but get poor returns for their money. Screw that. we've got a country full of things that are broken, or in desperate need of a tune-up. I could write about this for days. Education, law enforcement, health care, pollution - the list is long. Lots of shrubs need trimming.
In closing I'm sad to say I don't share your good nature regarding non-violent means. There are far too many people in America and hiding elsewhere that are responsible for incredible cruelty, suffering, loss of life and more. If the guilty paid the price for their insipid actions I would applaud.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

S&F! I totally agree. Humour is the weapon of choice.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

The three documents upon which your government should be based, the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution & the Bill of Rights should have been a sufficient framework to achieve most of your Utopian dreams but this, sadly, is not the case.

Perhaps a truly "democratic" constitutional review is in order, and a clearout of laws & policies that contravene the guidelines.

It should also be noted that New Zealand, like the United Kingdom has no specific constitutional document and yet their democracies have been "reasonably" fair for hundreds of years. I am just saying this so that you can see that a constitution is not the be-all and end-all solution it is suggested by Americans.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

I'm not sure that I agree with you about non-payment of taxes. Yes, it would definately get the government's attention but there are also the essential services that the government provides in return for those taxes.

It reminds me of the scene from the Monty Python movie "The Life of Brian" where they are asking "What have the Romans ever given us?"

I disagree with some of the things that the government spends our taxes on but depend on others. We just have to make it plain that we will not allow our contribution to be wasted on black projects & junkets.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I hear you and feel your pain, but if we are ever going to come out of this whole thing on top, it's going to take a whole lot more pain and sacrifice. Our way of life has to change, its simply unsustainable in the long term. If there was an iron-clad way to make sure that tax dollars only goes towards publicly approved projects I might consider the possibility of paying again, but lets be real, with the system that's in place already, and TPTB that run the show, we can never expect honesty, transparency, and growth. Instead we're guaranteed corruption, lies, and deceit, all made possible by funding their agenda with billions in tax revenue. Without the money they are powerless.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247

Without the money they are powerless.

... also without the power they are moneyless.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by LargeFries

The three documents upon which your government should be based, the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution & the Bill of Rights should have been a sufficient framework to achieve most of your Utopian dreams but this, sadly, is not the case.

Perhaps a truly "democratic" constitutional review is in order, and a clearout of laws & policies that contravene the guidelines.

It should also be noted that New Zealand, like the United Kingdom has no specific constitutional document and yet their democracies have been "reasonably" fair for hundreds of years. I am just saying this so that you can see that a constitution is not the be-all and end-all solution it is suggested by Americans.

Thank you for your reply. I think there is much truth in your comment on 'the big 3' documents
and it is sad. Like too many people in too many countries, we are told one thing while they (the powers in charge) do the exact opposite, or whatever the heck they want.

Being born here, going through the public school brainwashing system, the big 3 documents are impressed into the mind as ones birthright. We are manipulated with patriotism as we are lied to about History. The Constitution is a daily buzzword. Our Media uses the term "unconstitutional" whenever possible. I think a lot of Americans parrot things they have heard. Just like millions of people that mis-quote The Bible they've never read. It seems like people here frequently mention one of the big 3 documents but when you corner them you'll find out they've never read the damn things! I think there is a lot of manipulating at all sorts of levels, and its cheap & easy for those who seek to sway others by implying that the opposing party or school of thought is a threat to these guidelines (documents) that many perceive to be the foundation of their life. It is another tool with which the masses are manipulated.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

In order to have effective long term political change we must first control the controller - the money. I believe fixing our corrupt reserve banking monetry system is the first step to effecting real, long term political change. Currently it is estimated the Rothchild family alone owns half the world's total wealth (accountable and unaccountable). Estimated by researchers to be about "500 Trillion" with a capital T Source
Currently 1 % of the people own more than 40% of the worlds accountable/trackable wealth. Source

The mega rich elite such as the Rothchilds own the media.
They lobby
They buy peoples votes and beliefs under the table
They don't believe in not having the world their way - and they will pay anyone whatever it takes to change it.

Eustice Mullins has published his research in his book Who Owns the TV Networks showing that the Rothschilds have control of all three U.S. Networks, plus other aspects of the recording and mass media industry. It can be added that they control Reuters too. From other sources it appears CNN, which began as an independent challenge to the Jewish Network monopoly, ran into repeated trickery, and ended up part of the system. Money from B.C.C.I., (B.C.C.I. has been one of the New World Orders financial systems for doing its dirty business such as controlling Congressmen, and is involved with INSLA, the Iran-Contra Scandal, Centrust, and other recent scandals) which has tainted so many aspects of public power in the U.S. has also been behind CNN. Perhaps nothing dominates the life of some Americans as does the television. Americans sit themselves before the television set and simply absorb what it projects to them. On a day to day basis the biggest way the Rothschilds touch the lives of Americans are the three major networks which are under Rothschild direction. To illustrate this we will examine who run the networks. This list is not current, and no attempt was to provide that. The length of writing a book insures that some material will be dated anyway.
SOURCE

So the Rothchild have control of the media and are effecting what people see and believe to be the truth. Even if you can not fathom that one family owns the main media sources - I am sure you can agree the money controls it.

The money is also used for lobbying - directly influencing those who are in power, what they do & why they do it. The lobbying profession elicits conflicting responses because it symbolizes a deep conflict of American values. This would be the 2nd thing that need's to be fixed.

While I think political change is possible if people actually demand it - we have a lot of negative people that say things like "it will never happen" = Ofcorse it won't happen if you believe it wont - the first step is believing the change is possible, the second step is we as the people making that change the final step is the hardest one - keeping that change... This is the where I believe if we want to keep the change we have to remove the corruption from the system by the roots and therefore this needs to actually be step 0.

edit on 12-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Yes, I agree that the monetary systems backing governments across the world are a MAJOR tool of control and oppression.

The issue is, how do we effect change in this arena the most effectively?

I think the Russian and Chinese revolutions showed that violent revolution is only a short-term fix.

I would think that a change in mindset across all peoples of the world, that money today is a total fantasy anyway, is what is required.

But how do we educate people that this is the case?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: byteshertz

I also think the 1% protests fizzled out and didn't really effect any appreciable change.

I have a hope that new technologies will shift people away from the view that money is king. By this I mean advances like 3D printing. One of the major proponents of the development of 3D printing had the line "Wealth without money" displayed on all its documents.

Sadly, the rush to control patents on 3D printing technology (and therefore skim money off the system just because they own the patent, not because of any research and development effort) is already starting. Hewlett Packard, even though they don't yet have any 3D printing products, have over 1000 patents on the technology.

So, chances are that if you were to design your own 3D printer and try and sell it to the public, HP would jump right in claiming that at least one part of your printer infringed on their patents and they could put legal pressure upon you to either stop producing your printer, or to pay them a royalty (for nothing).

It is these things that will shape the future and direct governments. It is these things that we must oppose.

Just like the record & movie distribution companies who demand royalties for works that they themselves have not produced (they are only the distributors and under law, are doing the very thing that they are trying to call 'piracy').

We need to fight those who want to be paid for nothing, yet want us to work hard for it.

No people on earth should be "privileged".

edit on 12/7/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Rope and a hangmans knot

Protesting and talking does not work and the game is now so loaded that talking is like going barrrrrrrrrrrr in the middle of a field

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join