It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What happened 20 years ago?

Major Events of 1991;

US, Britain, France and allied countries drive Iraq from Kuwait (Operation Desert Storm).
Warsaw Pact officially dissolved.
Attempted coup in Soviet Union.
Break-up of USSR, Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) formed.
Croatia and Slovenia independent from Yugoslavia after a brief war.
Bank of Credit and Commerce (BCCI) collapses.
Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi assassinated.
Helen Sharman is the first Briton in space.
Linus Torvalds announces in a newsgroup that he is working on developing his own operating system (later to become Linux).
Apple releases the first version of QuickTime.
US airline Pan Am, ends operations.
April 29 – A tropical cyclone hits Bangladesh, killing an estimated 138,000 people.

Source: www.fun4birthdays.com...

Funny that - many recurring themes here, clutching straws though.
edit on 10/3/11 by GhostR1der because: add bangladesh

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is a brilliant thread...

Well put and puts into perspective that we do not live an isolated existence on our little planet and that we are part of a larger body...

Our planet exists along side other planets, which is part of a solar system, which exists along side other solar systems, which is part of a galaxy, which exists along side other galaxys, which is part of a universe, which exist alongside other universes... Everything is interconnected, as above so below.
edit on 10-3-2011 by SpiritualAwakening because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2011 by SpiritualAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

so we know this will affect our oceans, Our oceans are fluid I would like to point out that Magma is also a fluid.

Also note Arkansas they are having almost constant earthquakes or ground vibrations, most likely due to a drilling technique called Fracking where millions of gallons of industrial made chemical waste and some water is injected into the ground to break apart the bedrock in an already sandy and loose soil.Earthquake swarm in Arkansas Intensifies

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54d453649e02.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you have a direct link to this? I followed the one that you posted and then followed that one to another and so on. I might have missed it.

...Oh, and on the other subject about the Moon..

Is there any science backing these theories up?

Absolutely none, says Pete Wheeler of the International Center for Radio Astronomy. All that will happen next week is that the Earth will experience a "lower than usual low tide and a higher than usual high tide." A Super Moon, he concludes, is "nothing to get excited about."

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sweet i see the moon litterly all day here so i guess itll be huge

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Thought you all may enjoy knowing that RIGHT BEFORE 2012 the closest that Grandmother Moon will be with be for this Moon.

native-american-totems.com...

Teachings of Weighs The Truth In March
Posted By bevspaper on February 28, 2011
During the third moon of the year or in March we learn from the teachings of Weighs The Truth, one of The Thirteen Original Clan Mothers. The Mother is the Keeper of Equality and the Guardian of Justice. Weighs the Truth is the Fair Judge of the Divine Law and the Destroyer of Deception. She is the Mother of Truth and Protectress of the Underdogs of this world. In our studies we learn that she is the Mother of Self-determination and Responsibility. We can learn much from this Mother of the Moon of March.

Medicine Woman by cdwinters
Weighs the Truth shows us how to respond to situations in our life and to do so with a determination that honors our selves along with the others involved. She will give us the knowledge to be able to feed the positive of life experiences and to starve the negative by using Divine Law and not our flawed human emotions. This Mother of the March Moon shows us to use equality with justice and how to be accountable for our actions and words.
We learn from the teachings of Weighs The Truth, more strongly in March but certainly during the entire year how to use our personal integrity, ethics, and values to find healing solutions. We begin to see the situations of life in a different way when we follow the teachings of Weighs the Truth and begin to try to make sure that our own thoughts and actions are not tipping the scales of Divine Law in the wrong way. We are also better able to see deception by others if it exists. We learn to “Accept The Truth” in any situation and that if our thoughts and deeds were honorable to have the determination to stay on the Sacred Path of our journey.

now this being known, LET US HONOR AND CHANGE! Lets ask forgiveness as a whole for following the crooked trail of EGO and greed and let us walk again on the Good Red Road as the Great Spirit wants for us.

This Moon is HUGE and VERY MEANINGFUL!

The world is has been judged as wrong, (DURR) its time for cleansing, its time for healing and its time for HUMILITY AND FORGIVENESS!

I don't care WHO you speak to, Allah, Jesus, Buddha, the flying spaghetti monster or Joe Pesci,
SAY THANK YOU FOR THE WORLD, FOR THIS LIFE! The energy given off from gratitude is by for the most beautiful next to pure love.
Ask for Forgiveness, ask for healing and when you are watching Grandmother Moon rise, FEEL IT!

www.youtube.com...

Peace and love!

P.S. Anyone hear from Jekt Kerniga? I been looking for him.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

Joe, thanks for your vid on the moon. I had seen a documentary on History Channel I believe, that talked about the moon moving further away from the earth as time goes by. I find it an interesting bit of information, as it does affect our climate.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Great thread, very cool and interesting. The moon may have more effect on our climate than some would imagine.
Star and Flag for you.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Interesting thread... buuuuuuut...

In the OP it is stated that our last "super moon" was 20 years ago, then the OP goes on to say

The last Super Moon came in 2005, at around the same time as Hurricane Katrina and the Indonesian tsunami.

I think the fact that it happened "around" the same time as Katrina and the tsunami, is irrelevant and I'm not too worried about our upcoming lunar perigee.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If the "SuperMoon" were such a huge effect, then there would be more of a correlation between earthquakes and weather disasters and the "perihelion" of the moon. Even a month or two "following" -- if it were caused by the moon, you would see a statistically significant relationship.

I don't see any ECONOMIC reason to hide such a disaster cycle -- and when it comes to censorship or propaganda in this country (USA, inc.) it's all about someone making a buck. The stats and dates on weather and earthquakes are available for college students everywhere to enter into databases and run analysis on them -- so it doesn't SEEM like there is any cover up.

The mere fact that scientists might call a theory or speculation "nonsense" -- isn't proof that there is a desire to dismiss it due to some conspiracy. Without any other compelling evidence, and no correlation, it is probably just what they are saying; Not a big factor.

Nobody is saying that the moon doesn't have an effect -- but the EFFECT, is already part of the system. Meaning; the movement of the tides, and the moon's mass on magma in the earth, is already a "resonant frequency."

>> That said -- if there are more than ONE incident that occurred at the same time -- it could act as a "trigger" to releases of energy (e.g., earthquakes). The weakening of the magnetosphere, due to very low activity from the sun, and perhaps, a flipping of the poles (which could be indicated by the accelerated drifting AND weakening of the magnetosphere), might then, when combined with a Super Moon, trigger some event that was going to EVENTUALLY happen.

>> There is MORE THAN ONE REASON for increased earthquakes -- Primarily; the melting of ice. There have been recent correlations with ice ages and "species die off", and of course, earthquakes and CO2 levels. However, in this case; CO2 is preceding the retreat of glaciers because of Human causes -- we put out 100 times what volcanoes and other natural sources do, and CO2 stays LONGER in the atmosphere than other gases.

When the ice retreats from long-buried land masses -- it "uncorks" pressure that was keeping many fissures from releasing energy, and you can have a 5-fold increase in volcanic activity. And what is unusually; this is after NOT having an ice age, so the earth is going to be warmer, and have more CO2 in the air, than when dinosaurs last walked the earth -- it's also going to happen quicker. So it's more like a giant asteroid hit the earth in terms of climate change than a NATURAL oscillation.

Couple a huge increase in Solar Activity.
Low charge on the Magnetosphere (due to a period of exceptionally low solar activity).
Low levels of Ozone (lightning and solar winds coupled with magnetosphere creates the Ozone).
POSSIBLE pole switch.
High levels of CO2 and the warmest decade in human history.
Perihelion of Moon.
+ Whatever other crazy thing occurs this year:
>> Epic changes are possible.

I don't think this "close moon" is, by itself, something to worry about (as ANYTHING that can be worried about, makes headlines on this website), but I do expect something could be triggered. You shouldn't blame the last straw that breaks the camels back, but the pile of straw underneath.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well done. It was a great read. Thanks for the work.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Wow thanks for the info and link

Meanwhile I shall continue to wonder about the origins of your profile pic

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Greetings everyone! I just began my intellectual journey with ATS and look forward to insightful information you so graciously share.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
The side turned away from the earth is called the moon’s dark side..

Sorry. It's NOT called the 'DARK SIDE'! It is termed 'THE FAR SIDE'. The Dark Side of the Moon is the eighth studio album by English progressive rock group Pink Floyd, released in March 1973!!!

And then you say...
"On March 19, the moon will be only 221,556 miles away —the first extreme Super Moon in nearly 20 years."

But in the next line..."The last Super Moon came in 2005, at around the same time as Hurricane Katrina and the Indonesian tsunami."

I thought 2005 was 6 years ago and not 20?

And then the Moon has just 1/6th Earth's gravity, right? And there's a neutral point where the gravity of the Moon and Earth cancel out and is zero. That's a good 340,000 km from the Earth. In other words, there's little or no gravitational influence of the Moon beyond this point. But is the Moon's gravitational force at perigee going to be so strong as to cause massive destruction and upheavals on Earth? Most unlikely!

Oh never mind...Carry on!
Interesting read anyway, warts and all, notwithstanding!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
hmm... so maybe march 15 pole shift will be caused by super moon culminating around march 19

or not..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
MSNBC just posted an article on this "super moon".
They are saying it may or may not effect the earth.
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Those idiots just like the weather forecasters and other channels never say anything conclusively. They always use the word 'MAY'.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This probaly has no conection with this thread but i mentioned this too a family member i saw today and they work with people with mental conditions of all ages and when its a fool moon or an eclipes,or even this,that being a super moon affects people in all sorts of crazy ways and told me thats where the word lunatics comes from,so if this is an extreme occurence of this then people round the world might go a bit doooowalleeee,and could be a great time to F**# with peoples minds, just a thought.

ohh and if any one knows any one thats bipolar youd better strap them down and get the holy water out
,lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunatic
edit on 10-3-2011 by KDM_Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
If the "SuperMoon" were such a huge effect, then there would be more of a correlation between earthquakes and weather disasters and the "perihelion" of the moon. Even a month or two "following" -- if it were caused by the moon, you would see a statistically significant relationship.

Thanks for adding a voice of reason to this thread, my only problem with your quote is the word perihelion. I believe you meant perigee, as we're talking about the time when the distance between the earth and moon are closest, not earth and sun. But starred nonetheless.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
forgive me if this exact link has been posted before , my sister bless her heart pointed it out to me and instead of making a new thread , i thought to add it here .

www.msnbc.msn.com...

On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles away. On top of that, it will be full. And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet.

The question is not actually so crazy. In fact scientists have studied related scenarios for decades. Even under normal conditions, the moon is close enough to Earth to make its weighty presence felt: It causes the ebb and flow of the ocean tides.

interesting stuff to say the least

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Poppin some mushies on that night fo sho

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well im glad I invested in a telescope, watch Its cloudy or snowing or something lame, like it always is in PA USA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join