It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Speak with my Family Anymore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Words my friend mean nothing. Try a different approach. Live your life as an example. That's what I did. I learned to be positive about the information I was aware of and though my family thinks I am more than a little weird, because I am positive and respond to them in a way that is easy for them to understand, they are catching on.

Some examples:
when I started years ago to recycle, they thought I was a bit crazy. Having never given it much thought my mother always shrug it off. Instead of a sermon of gloom and doom about global warming, I offered a few comments like, just thought I'd save a tree today, or it cost less to recycle this metal than to produce it new and that is just added into the food cost you know. ...she is now an avid recycler!

I told her I had a garden and she asked why... Instead of telling her that food prices are about to skyrocket, and I believe food shortage is imminent, I just said " why don't you plant a little garden with me, and we can trade what we don't have!" she was thrilled to participate, and made sure we went planning on planting the same thing. I know she used to can and asked her if she could sheer some tips.

My point is, maybe if you change your approach and be sure to speak of things in terms of solutions you will be a positive force. And just maybe they will turn around!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vagabond50

Having studied such for 45 plus years . . . I'm keenly familiar with the chronic head-in-the-sand response . . . even amongst END TIMES BELIEVING conservative Evangelical Christians, shockingly.

However, sometimes, some of these links help wake some people up:

You might sift through them and see if any would match the sensibilities of your family members on an individual basis:

NWO QUOTES IN THEIR OWN WORDS:

www.freerepublic.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

=================================================

AL CUPPETT'S VIDEOS RE NWO ETC. A FORMER STAFF MEMBER OF THE JOINT CHIEFS

I think the middle link is first of many segments.

Al Cuppett links, final draft, all links work

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

RUSSIA, CHINA, RADICAL ISLAM AND THE LATIN AMERICAN THREAT TO US SURVIVAL:

www.freerepublic.com...

DAVID WILKERSON’S CALL TO ANGUISH:

www.youtube.com...

Greg Evensen

Listen Live until 10 pm

theintelhubradio.com...

Urgent - Military monitored gas rationing & Martial law

theintelhubradio.com...

SHOCKING REVELATION AIRFORCE PERSONNEL DISCLOSE UFO ALIEN RELATED THREATS:

www.freerepublic.com...

SINGAPORE’S LEE KWAN YEW ABOUT ABLE TO UNITE ALL RELIGIONS BUT ISLAM:

www.freerepublic.com...

DIMITRU DUDUMAN’S VISION OF CHINA AND RUSSIA STRIKING USA WWIII

www.handofhelp.com...

MAURICE SKLAR’S PROPHECY:

www.freerepublic.com...

JOHN MOORE' SEA RISE NAVY MAP ETC. VIDEO PART 3:

www.youtube.com...

GEORGIA GUIDESTONES:

www.radioliberty.com...

CHINA & RUSSIAN TROOPS LONG PREPOSITIONING IN MEX ETC:

www.freerepublic.com...

SHIFT HAPPENS VIDEO RE EXPONENTIAL CHANGE:

www.youtube.com...

EMP ARTICLE THREAD:

www.freerepublic.com...

The Secret History of the Jesuits

arcticbeacon.com...

Written by a former Jesuit Priest

DR MICHAEL HEISER LIST:

www.youtube.com...

Mike Heiser Genesis 6 hybrids, Sons of God, Nephilim 1 of 9

AMAZING DISCOVERIES DR VEITH RE ILLUMINATI ETC SECRET SOCIETIES:

amazingdiscoveries.tv...

TOTAL RESISTANCE...Swiss Manual on Guerrilla Warfare:

www.amazon.com...

RESISTANCE TO TYRANNY: A PRIMER

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296611607&sr=1-2

Jonathan Edwards faced a similar institutionalization and preached his famous sermon (after 3 days of fasting) “Sinners in the hands of an angry God” (www.ccel.org...) which began a needed revival.

I wish i could get these played on the MSM, at least 2 of them

video.google.com... (

Weather Modification — Scroll forward to 8:28
www.youtube.com...

May God be with you and those you love.

And with all of good heart toward God and man.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You do not owe your family anything. You have done what you can and they heard what you said, now they are asking you to stop being you and to stop harassing their little protective bubble. It is time to say "thank you" and find your real family.

In the Bible it says, "Honor thy Mother and thy Father", but sadly this did not mean that we were to honor our biological parents. The mere fact you are smart and honest should be testament to their only task towards you; it is done and they are done. The true meaning of Honoring thy Mother is to Honor the Planet, the Creator of all life exists here all around us, through her. Earth is the Mother. The true meaning of Honoring thy Father is the Great Spirit, the Sky, the Cosmos, GOD himself within you.

You can spend a lifetime surrounded by the biological parts of yourself and never realize that they have done their jobs and that you do not owe them anything. However, you can also see how short this life is and how important it is now to finally walk away, and, when you get where you are going you can look back and finally see they are exactly where you left them, in their bubble.

It sounds so cruel and most people could never imagine living without their biological attachments, but really many do not have a choice and no longer have parents or never had siblings, or lost those that they loved; they move on and they live "Well" in their lives. This is what you need to do, Live Well! Your true Spirit Family has been waiting for you out there and they are as real as you and I; Peace be with you!
edit on 3/9/2011 by Greensage because: C not c

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
At this point, do not try to preach or convert...because that is how it comes off to them. Increase your knowledge about things within yourself for now...knowledge is a great thing. Do not try to convince anyone of anything. You may want to try to steer them into a direction by just mentioning something once or twice and then dropping it.
Sometimes, that alone will make them search the issues for themselves, you know?

You might also simply say that you are a product of the world today with many, many more informational resources at your disposal, and things are now coming to light that did not in their time...and at that point? Leave it alone.

To me? It seems you need to learn, learn, learn all you can...and not in a month, 6 weeks or 6 years...it should be an endless quest for truth. Seek and you WILL find it. Just dont try anxiously to tell the "world" (your world-family etc) all about it.

Because they are from a different time in history, its hard for them to "un-learn" those things they hold "true". Sure they may not believe, and you may want to enlighten them, but resist that for now. Time will come...and then again, it may never come for them. But, for YOU? That, is the real issue.

Its been said that "You are only...ONLY...the sum-total of ALL of YOUR knowledge!" And that is quite immense in itself. Keep learning, and dont press the family or try to convince them of your findings and new-found beliefs.
Grow yourself, and just imagine how much you will gain! And when they come around...(or even if they dont)...you will find power and strength in knowing truths. The strength is for you.

Try to think of a doctor who listens to the simplest complaints of his patients. He knows so much more than them, yet he has to quietly listen to them describe the most complex problems with the simplest terms they know: because they are not Dr.'s themselves. He sits there knowing full well he has so much more knowledge than them, but he need not say anything about it. Just use their info to make the most professional diagnosis. Should he try to explain in his terms? Their terms? Should he even try to? And finally...does he even HAVE TO???

There will come a time and a person or situation whereas you know that which you know and believe should come out...WILL be the time to do so. I closing, we all wish you well. So, dont be hard on them. There will come a day....there always does. One of them may come to you and say..."I saw that show on the Bilderbergs you were trying to tell us about.!!"

And believe me here. At ATS, you do have many, many here to talk to. Always. U2U Me anytime as well...

Think of this closing: PEACE (?), LOVE(?)and LIGHT(?)....ALWAYS!!!!!!!! Its meaning is profound............MS

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

Good examples of how to be happy and lead a positive life.

I live in the country, built my own house, and have a happy life.

Should things turn bad, I'm better prepared than most. No matter what, I will be a positive influence on those around me.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Here you are likely to find many sympathetic to your various views. Like you, my loved ones want very little to do with my fring-y preoccupations. I long ago learned to live with that (and they with me). Work with us here to find the truth and love your family in other ways, perhaps...

Still, it's never too late and you can keep working on them. Go slow, don't be aggressive, don't come on too strong. Gentle, easy, relaxed calm voice, use humor if appropriate, hook the target by finding something that he/she is interested. Lead with questions, get them to articulate their own views, make a show of being a good listener so they will open up and be more engaged. Suggest this or that, then back off. Don't make the target swallow too much at one time. Little by little. Be content with incremental and subtle victories. In this way, over the years, you may prevail. Of course, if TSHTF, a simple "I told you so!" will be sufficient!
Come to accept you might have to pack the MREs and survival gear for your clueless loved ones.

One thing I think might be good for some "beginners" to ease them into questioning their assumptions of normlacy: The short animated piece "The American Dream." This is a good way to reach those who are deep in denial, provided they are receptive to the animated medium. Good luck:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
I too am going through the same thing, but I am lucky that my mother and girlfriend have very open minds and understand some of the things i talk about and believe them. However, other family, almost all of my friends, and some co-workers are definitely still "Sheeple" and follow as they are told.

My best advice to you would be to use your new found knowledge and put together a plan to protect your family and close ones in the event that something bad happens. I have already started this process and i would suggest you do to. Whether something happens days from now like some are saying with the pole shift, 2012, or years from now...i plan on being prepared the best that i can be.

believe me I would, the problem is MONEY! haha seriously though, whatever it is, be it getting off the grid, hoarding food/whatever it all costs money, and we are dirt broke.

I can, however, "mentally" form a plan of action

edit on 10-3-2011 by vagabond50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

One thing I think might be good for some "beginners" to ease them into questioning their assumptions of normlacy: The short animated piece "The American Dream." This is a good way to reach those who are deep in denial, provided they are receptive to the animated medium. Good luck:

Interesting video, to me thats basically a watered down version of "Money as Debt", which is a watered down version of "The Money Masters."

Its still a good resource, and unlike the other two films mentioned, the animation really moves the content along and makes it accessible to average joe viewers.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
You do not owe your family anything. You have done what you can and they heard what you said, now they are asking you to stop being you and to stop harassing their little protective bubble. It is time to say "thank you" and find your real family.

In the Bible it says, "Honor thy Mother and thy Father", but sadly this did not mean that we were to honor our biological parents. The mere fact you are smart and honest should be testament to their only task towards you; it is done and they are done. The true meaning of Honoring thy Mother is to Honor the Planet, the Creator of all life exists here all around us, through her. Earth is the Mother. The true meaning of Honoring thy Father is the Great Spirit, the Sky, the Cosmos, GOD himself within you.

You can spend a lifetime surrounded by the biological parts of yourself and never realize that they have done their jobs and that you do not owe them anything. However, you can also see how short this life is and how important it is now to finally walk away, and, when you get where you are going you can look back and finally see they are exactly where you left them, in their bubble.

It sounds so cruel and most people could never imagine living without their biological attachments, but really many do not have a choice and no longer have parents or never had siblings, or lost those that they loved; they move on and they live "Well" in their lives. This is what you need to do, Live Well! Your true Spirit Family has been waiting for you out there and they are as real as you and I; Peace be with you!
edit on 3/9/2011 by Greensage because: C not c

I appreciate the point of view and to you it seems valid however I do owe my family something afterall they have supported me pretty much my whole life. I cannot yet support myself to live independently. The least I can do is try to inform them on some of these issues, whether we can do anything about them or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
welcome to the club.
We have all gone through the same thing.
Friends and family. That was 4 years ago. They are now seeing the fringes of the light but that is a good start. They are starting to ask the right questions.

The solution - if I could do it over again:
I would not push my information onto others. They have to look for it and hunger for it.
If the concept of reincarnation is true and we are all living our lives to a purpose, by pushing our information we are interfering with their particular goal in life. They may need to live in a bubble until they have resolved the particular issues that they reincarnated to earth to accomplish their spiritual goal.

By pushing your knowledge onto them, you also accumulate negative Karma. You would have to come back one more time to earth to work that out in an extra life.

The desire for knowledge must be from inside.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS and many of the responses you already got have been spot on. There *IS* a fine line between helping others "wake up" as you have, and sounding like you are ranting......those who are happiest seem to know where that line is......

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Read my sig line for more explicit instructions.
[[[sig states:]]]
Important:
Mend your personal relationships learn about your local ecology learn some basic survival skills tell your loved ones how much you care make peace with your god and then live your life in peace with your neighbors and your environment. Prepare for a long happy life while at the same time preparing for basic necessities in a short-term emergency. That is all that any of us can do and if we do those basic things we dont have to live in constant fear. Hope for the best prepare for the worst and live every day as if it might be your last. You cant go wrong with that.

Wow....I had never read your sig before getreadyalready, and although this "truth" helps you keep peace and not live in fear, it's not until I just read this like 4 times and it "hit me".....just wanted to say thanks for sharing that in your sig.

edit on 17-3-2011 by pctoolbin because: Mistakenly addressed the OP instead of the MOD I quoted

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Welcome my friend to The Enlightenment. You are awakening!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Look, I don't know which parts are true and which parts are just tinfoil theories but at the end of the day they are YOUR beliefs, if they have no interest to know what your opinion is on things then 1) don't bring them up. 2) refuse to comment or partake in discussion about things you know they won't like your opinion on and 3) bite your tongue in situations where although they didn't bring up a subject you have the urge to comment on something that you are both witness to (something on TV maybe).
It sounds like you are coming across a bit of a paranoid misery doom and gloomer and you are dragging them down everytime you start blabbering on about things you feel passionately about.
It may seem harsh but they have as good as told you they aren't interested in anything you have to say on these matters so please cheer up and talk about the weather (without ranting about HAARP) and general things like what you had to eat (refraining from discussing what chemicals went into the food).
Even if you feel you are 100% right on what you are saying to them just remember this quote "There are none so blind as those that will not see!".
Just start to be a little more relaxed and positive around them, it does get a bit annoying when someone is pessimistic to the point of obsession.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss for many, just believe in your self and let another's awareness happen when they are ready, the old saying applies, you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink. Your journey is your own to travel. Just think good thoughts and know that things will be what they are, regardless of how we push and shove.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join