It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Speak with my Family Anymore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I am a college student, and ever since I found out about the global government/powers behind the scenes/learning about the history of banking, the bilderbergs, trilats/ rockefellers/ rothschilds/ RFID, manipulated elections and media up the wazoo/UFOs, not to mention poisoning of the food/water and skies for decades, coupled with my decline in faith (why is evil allowed to persist for so long behind the scenes and all of the attempts from "good" to stop them get squashed), its given me a very negative outlook on life.

So, I try to convince members of my family what is going on, but the only evil they seem to think is wrong with the world are liberals in the media and islamists "taking over the world." Both problems, to be sure, but just one small part of a global conspiracy. They believe only Islam is set to take over the world invading countries and suppressing free speech, but when I bring up my beliefs in global government they shrug it off as just a belief. When I try to substantiate my claims with prominent bankers/politicians and media people from today and the past, they say "yea, you know how the world works at 20, well go do something about it then."

Finally, they've had it with my attitude. They say I am too negative, bashing mainstrem reality television, grocery shopping, the money system, etc. They say why cant I just be more positive and be thankful for what I have. I am, but to a point. It's just unfortunate where I can't convince my own family. They say my constant negative attitude is make them feel bad, and I am starting to think I should just shut up altogether. It's unfortunate, but thats the world we live in today.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by vagabond50

Your awaken to things they currently dont see and cannot understand. I went thru the same thing about a year or so ago. I felt bad and alienated but realized that everyones minds cannot take even the thought of another species as intelligent as sapiens sapiens, and when presented they tend to fall into fear mode or ignore mode or flat out I DONT BELIEVE YOU MODE. Yes, in one way you can feel bad. But in other ways you are becomming a spiritual becon for them to follow.. Be well and atleast you still got your conspiracy family to understand you..

edit on 3/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Hi vagabond50, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!!

Unfortunately I agree with your family. All of the things you mention are important, and they require education and action, but nothing is more important than your family and your personal mental health. There is only so much any of us can do, and it is important to not ruin the present while worrying about the future.

The past and the future are both imaginary. The do not exist. They only exist in your mind. Only this moment exists in reality. You have to focus your energies on this moment. Sure, maybe you can affect the future with your actions today, that is great, but there is no guarantee that you will ever see that future, so make every effort to live in this moment. Read my sig line for more explicit instructions.
edit on 9-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I heard that, friend. I have the same problem. Having the knowing of things gets you a label really fast it seems, especially from those who do not know, and have no desire to know. I have researched that took apart the Bible and know of the many Gods, and the many Evils perpetrated by God, but to talk of these things makes me a Satanist, even though I don't believe in any Satan. I try to inform neighbors about extraterrestrial life, but am told these are "Satan's Demonic Army." I tell people about the dangers of using cell phone, that they cause cancer, and am looked at like I am an alien from another world for not having one. My family disowned me long ago, they tell me that I am an alien, and do not belong on this world, and that I am a demon, and that I belong in Hell. I just stopped worring over what other people think and say, and move along.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You can speak to your family they just don't want to agree with what you are saying.

Just bite your tongue on those issues for a bit, don't bombard them with the stuff you have mentioned. It can all sound a bit too intense.

edit: Welcome btw

edit on 9-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yeah it happens. When you first catch on you wanna shake everybody else awake with you. It does not work that way. We are all at different places with different levels of commitment to stories. Some of these stories are created for us, and some we create for ourselves. Either way it is impossible to make someone cast away their story for another. I just do not talk about certain things with certain people. It is ok. They are where they are. I just make subtle points on the similarity between right and left, or point out how the monetary system works. It is about sewing seeds because people will shut down when engulfed.

Don't let it get you down. Your living in a time where we have more access to information, organizational tools, and political voice than ever before. Consider that people have been illiterate, and without access to any information for centuries. Today, we can talk on a site like this. We can search out any knowledge we desire. Today is the best chance for freedom we have ever had as a species.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I think Alan Watt said it best. Trying to convince the sheeple about the conspiracy is like "bashing your head against a brick wall". He went on to say, the ones that are actually worth your time, will press you about it... And the best you can do for the rest is briefly "point them in the right direction".

edit on 9-3-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sorry about your waking up in such a fashion. Hopefully you can maintain your relationship with your family. I had a similar experience with my family in the mid 60's. My emerging political views differed from those of my family as I developed into my own young adulthood. It ended with my father tossing me from his home. It took a good twenty years for us to get back to more than a fine how do you do relationship.

I recommend you do what you can to maintain your ties with them. As the numerous changes on the horizon begin to effect us more greatly they might need your broader perspective on what is going on around them.
Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Welcome to my world, i know your feelings and pain. I finally came to the conclusion to indoctrinate myself with like minded people instead of beating a dead horse. Keep in touch with family, but to waste-spend energy, is just senseless to me now!

Anyhoot as the old saying goes, "once you pull the wool out from over your eyes, there is no going back.'
cheers

link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

I agree with you. I have always been a little interested in things most dont follow within my family even since a kid. My family loves me and know how I am so in a strange way they support me. Its like when I talk I do pay attention to the content I share and evaluate how effective it can be to their minds and present to them some things that are on the more softer side in relation to conspiracies. Usually when presented in certain ways I can see they began to get the LIGHT then I back off a little and let it absorb with them. lol My lil sister she always called me an alien and used and still does tell my femal friends this...
But you know she got love for her bro and says these things because she is one of the more passive receptive of my family so she gets the data acknowledges and returns back to her cool little world carrying the light with her as well somewhat like protection. Knowledge can be protection in some ways so I share. Just as you said its all about how presented.
edit on 3/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

link   
hi there mate
ive had almost the exact same problems,but years ago
sometimes when u think u know somthing its not really true,so let ur family have their opinions to
thruth usally lies in the middle u know
also i would just not talk about these things with ur family or friends unless they want to(and even then i wouldn recommend it lol)
i agree with u but unfortunatly most people just believe msm and thats it,
and do u really want them to awaken,and know in wat kind of horrible world, ruled by sciecotic criminals
we really live in?"
think about it
and welcome to ats

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Same here, they don´t believe me, but none ever bothered to do their own research to see if what I was trying to tell them holds any merit.

I figure they owe me at least that much. Guess not.

Honestly, I´m fed up with people in general, the things that are important to most, mean nothing to me, and vice versa.

I´m pretty good around people, but I actually prefer to be by myself, with my thoughts, most of the time.

It´s just the way it is.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I too am going through the same thing, but I am lucky that my mother and girlfriend have very open minds and understand some of the things i talk about and believe them. However, other family, almost all of my friends, and some co-workers are definitely still "Sheeple" and follow as they are told.

My best advice to you would be to use your new found knowledge and put together a plan to protect your family and close ones in the event that something bad happens. I have already started this process and i would suggest you do to. Whether something happens days from now like some are saying with the pole shift, 2012, or years from now...i plan on being prepared the best that i can be.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
At 20, you seem wide awake. Welcome to the real World!

I am 47 and have the same experience.

I have come to the conclusion that the non-believers are not stupid, ignorant or even brainwashed. They do see what is happening and they know as well as you do but the vast majority don't want to know. This is a protection mechanism that allows them to go on with life. Denial as a shield is a very powerful weapon against insanity.

It's ok to be who you are and to see what others don't but save your own sanity and talk only to those that really understand what is happening. It may seem cruel and it may seem like you are abandoning your loved ones but YOUR survival and sanity depends on it.

If you continue to try convincing people of reality, you will alienate your loved ones and feel even more alone. Enjoy their company, companionship and time together while you can. In the background, prepare as much as possible so that you are ready for whatever comes down. If possible, make preparations for your loved ones as well.

When it's time, approach your family, tell them to follow you and show them that you have a place to go to. THAT will be your day.

Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Finally, they've had it with my attitude. They say I am too negative, bashing mainstrem reality television, grocery shopping, the money system, etc. They say why cant I just be more positive and be thankful for what I have. I am, but to a point. It's just unfortunate where I can't convince my own family. They say my constant negative attitude is make them feel bad, and I am starting to think I should just shut up altogether. It's unfortunate, but thats the world we live in today.

Welcome to ATS vagabond, looking forward to seeing you around the board. My suggestion to you would be baby steps with your family, if you talk to them about these topics a little at a time over time it may help and they hopefully will listen. You cannot expect people to change their paradigm all at once. Your family is important, good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You should move away. That's what I would do.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

PS: No wine before it's time; no wine before its time.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There is a fine line between helping people look at situations that may require more thought and ranting.

I think that you've crossed that line.

So rather than ranting about global conspiracy's why don't you adopt a more positive attitude about life. Change begins with yourself.

Figure out what you can do to lead a happy productive life. That last thing that the powers that be want is for people to think outside the box and figure out how to lead happy productive lives.

In your post, you said that all these things that you've learned have led you to be very negative. I say wake up! You're being an idiot. Don't let the underground media destroy your life and your relationships. Stop preaching these things to people. Stop getting yourself all worked up about these things. I think that you've gone off the deep end because you don't have the perspective that time will give you.

Figure out what you can do perhaps on a local level that improves not just your life, but the lives of others. Focus on what you can do, not ranting about the things you've read on conspiracy sites.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I have been talking about this stuff for years now, my own husband refuses to take me seriously. I would like to think that I present things from NWO to flouride in a relatively sane demeanor but the results from these conversations end in an array of negative emotions. The most common reply I get from friends and family is, "Heather, we have food, water, shelter, jobs and our health. There is nothing we can do about any of it. Until we no longer have our food, water etc, don't worry about it." Sorry, but our family is usually the first place we experience what sheeple regergetation sounds like. It's hard not to feel violent. LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join