It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone think the next big terrorist attack could be at the MOON

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Has anyone thought that the next attack could be at he Moon like (nuclear) blowing it up it would be massive ,If we can send missiles to the moon to look for water it could be possible, sounds crazy we need to be more mind open of things and think this could really happen
flag it if you think maybe
edit on 9-3-2011 by bob33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bob33

If they were to send a missile to the moon, it would be for HE3, not water. And I think they have already started the moon base station with the ever so new X-37B Shuttle being manufactured and tested.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bob33

Yeah, curse those water-seeking missiles!

The moon is owned by no one governing body. If terrorists somehow managed to be able to plan an attack there, it would be pointless, and very very silly.

To have the capabilities to get to the moon alone would mean it would be well within their capability to perform something pretty devastating on earth.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
WHAT???? Either i am high(_javascript:icon('
') , or You have a problem communicating your thought. Please elaborate.

I hope no one messes with the moon though!

edit on 9-3-2011 by MrEuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrEuphoric1

sorry geting use to this newbi here

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bob33

Thankyou bob

Thankyou for your well thought out and beautifully structured post, thankyou for your research, your "outside the box" thinking and most of all thankyou for your grammar cos like terrorists might find water on the moon or something with their water seeking missiles and like destroy us all innit?

I'm sorry but i really don't see what the point of this thread is why would someone "blow up" the moon?
edit on 9-3-2011 by Truth_Hz because: cos my grammar iz awezomess

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Every once in a while I read something of using the Moon as a giant Billboard for advertising. That would be a terrorist act IMO. I think it maybe possible to visibly scar up the moon with a missile attack but I dont think you could shatter it or anything like that.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

now advertising on the moon maybe coca cola are thinking of that

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The one thing people don't realise is that the moon isn't as small as it looks in the sky, its actually huge, setting of a nuke would be pointless it would make a tiny pin prick of a mark...

Its diameter alone is around the width of Brazil, so if you can make a nuke that can destroy the whole of Brazil you might be in with a chance of doing some damage to moon.

In the pic below if a nuke was set off it wouldn't even fill a single pixel in the image:

How much damage can a nuke do?

Well with a moderate damage at 24km I think its safe to say the moon is fine for now.
edit on 9-3-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
bob33 I think I might edit out the part asking for flags

If you had a missile to use in a terrorist act wouldn't it cause more fear to use it here on earth people might thank you for launching it into space

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The definition of a terrorist attack is:

a surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims

Seeing as there are no people on the moon to scare, I doubt it

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bob33

Yes, plenty of terrorists have the funding and ability to build missiles capable of reaching the moon. They would obviously also poses nuclear weapons, because apparently that's just a given, everyone has them now, I might have one in the back of my closet.

/end sarcasm

No, it's highly illogical for the reasons above, and also for the fact that the "terrorists" of the day, being muslim extremists, want to convert or remove the infidels, not end the world. actually, I can only think of 1 state who has proposed an option that would see major cities around the global nuked. But they don't officially have nukes, maybe they should by some from the "turrurists"

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Blowing up the moon would be like the terrorists cutting off their noses to spite their faces. We all need the moon, not just Americans.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well bob33,

While a terrorist act on the moon(to destroy from what I gather in your brevity of thoughts)would, in theory, eliminate life on earth, I don't think a terrorist with access to said technology would choose the moon as his or her target. More likely to just point the nuke at a major city to get instant gratification. The moon could take a couple of days.
www.newscientist.com...

Welcome to ATS and for the future you would be better off:

1) Without asking or requesting stars and flags: Leave that up to whomever reads your thread and feels its worthy. Its a form of Pro Choice, while others may decide to abort your thread. Like this one :-)

2) Do your research

3) Post your research so as to provide a foundation for your thoughts, feelings and theories.

4) While I believe no question is a stupid question and much goes the same with no idea is a bad idea, you will find better luck with this concept as long as you provide the above to support your ideas and thoughts. Without, you leave yourself open to a wide range of intellectual types that will destroy whatever thoughtless and timeless intrusions to this forum.

Best of luck in future threads.

edit on 9-3-2011 by minigunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Like this when Chairface Chippendale tried to use a laser to write his own name on the Moon?

Although I don't see why anyone would do anything to it unless they wished to cause massive damage to Earth since the Moon affects our tides and such.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bob33

Its poss. EA bombed the moon on 10-09-09
And the Spiral was on 12-10-09

Who knows, I dont doubt anything now days.
edit on 3/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bob33

Already done...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7ee87548ba7.jpg[/atsimg]

I prefer Pepsi though....

Now, that would be a terrorist attack, making the moon a billboard.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A link to an article regarding using the moon for advertising in case anyone thinks I was making that up, wish I was

Moon Advertising

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just posted this same picture in another thread, but I think it is quite related to what you are talking about.....

What else would these silly terrorist be doing hijacking the shuttle, if not to plant nukes on the moon? You can clearly see the one terrorist smacking the other in the rear with a tactical nuke.... or is it an antimatter rocket? Only time will tell. I hear terrorists have those now. Purchased from none other but Zahi Hawass.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86f1fa62bf76.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join