It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having Mortal children is a form of Murder! Thank your Mum & Dad for having Sex that Killed YOU!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Face it! If they [your parents] didn't do the wild thing, you wouldn't be living with this death sentence!

Thats a conspiracy of the highest order between two people who claim they truely love you and yet they made you mortal and therefor garanteed your future demise!

There is no reasonable excuse for this! No! Not even 'oh we owe it to the human race to make sure it continues without us into the future' because we don't owe it anything as it requires us and that requirement negates and pays for anything we might have owed it. Fair is Fair!

So what do you parents have to say for yourselves?

And what do you children of such parents have to say?

Please go read the T&C's so that I don't have to go alerting the mods as I'm sure such a revelation will cause and create much vitriol and angst! Aim that at yourselves OK!

Personal Disclosure: I am NOT presently and nor have I been a parent in this lifetime! This makes me an independant observer and I note that being a parent doesn't give one any moral authority than anybody else.

P.S. If your not fully human this thread does NOT apply to you and I would ask such members to answer instead the following question...

What does this say about Humanity?
The will to live is greater than any residual fear of death.

Kill yourself if you don't believe me. Can't? That's because you want to live
There's several times more non-human DNA in the human body than human DNA. It's a codependent existence.

Since we can't kill ourselves and will die in a relatively short time we invest in something larger and more meaningful than ourselves. This can mean religion, knowledge of the universe, society, fighting for justice, and so on. These things will live on well after we're nothing more than bones.

Lets eradicate aging. I have no doubt people will eventually live 100's of years. Did you know that researchers have actually done calculations on our estimated lifespan if we didn't grow old? They've determined we'd live hundreds of years if we never grew old. This is because accidents happen that can kill us. If we want to live forever, the road is long and treacherous and presently, unreachable.

Think about that. Even if you stayed 25 years old you'd still only live a few hundred years. We just do not have the means to live on and on as you want. The actual enemy of living forever is the universe. The universe is a constantly shifting ocean that's unfriendly to anything intolerant.

This means we have to accept constant change. Death is symbolic of that change. If people change X amount in 200 years, they would hardly be the same person they were 200 years before, right? Is that not death also? The particles that make up our body from decade to decade are not the same particles. Is that death? What is death? What is change? What is meaningful to you?

This hints at an emotional side of death and meaning. It's not just accidents that kill us. Some people willingly die for psychological reasons, I'd think! We're more than machines that change. Perhaps there's an evolutionary reason. It overpowers the will to live. It's not suicide. It's more. People who choose this have already lived full lives. For them death is about closure, possibly?
edit on 8-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Explanation: Then those parents would become exempt due to a lucky mitigating factor!

But your going to have to prove that Vampires exist and that Vampires are immortal for that case to be validly made.

Personal Disclosure: This thread is NOT about me OK!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Didn't bother reading all your post.. Your title is enough and is complete nonsense..
Life is beautiful, some of the things I've experienced in life have made this death sentence as you call it, well worth it..
And I am eternally grateful to my parents for allowing me to experience the beauty and joy of life..

Good for you.
Do you realize that for billions of people life is not so beautiful?
For many life is a struggle for mere existence.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

WE WERE TOLD TO LIVE AND BE FRUITFUL, And how does a perfect creation die when its eternal. UM JUST SAYEN

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Is this really hat the ATS is becoming, inane bs and anti American threads?
Mods 404 this were it belongs please.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

This is foolish. Please do not waste people's time pushing the cycle of life on to people and call them murderers, when in fact, most people would never harm their children, because they really love them. However, since you are not a parent, I am sure you would not understand.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I knew there had to be something in the background of either angst or bitterness. If you have not enjoyed your life, then I am sorry. However, the fact that you are going to die is not your parent's fault. It is nature's fault...everything has a cycle, everything has a time. We all die, and that is too bad, but it is how things go. My parents, nor any other parents for that matter, decided on that. Therefore, we are not murderers in the way you are implying. In fact, most parents would wish their children to live forever if they could, because no one wants to think of their children dying.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Why are people so afraid to die? I find it pointless to fear the inevitable. If I were immortal I wouldn't want to be stuck in this body for eternity anyway.

Same skin I'm in. What if you an immortal goes to jail for life???
That would suck, big time.

OP, I believe I understand you, but I laughed through out the entire read. It was a funny read, thanks. I really don't know how to take this one seriously. Just live man, even if we are brought here to die. We don't have a choice now do we? Nobody asked to be here.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If I had not been born I would not miss my life.

but I was, I'm stuck with it, and I quite like it.

So thanks Mum & Dad....even if I don't to think of the picture!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Funny read

What's even funnier is all the ppl on here getting their panties up in a bunch, cause of a little play on logic.

You managed to make the herd nervous so S&F
edit on 22-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join