It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Gasoline? No Problem, must read

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow, lots of big words and scientific talk. I do know that in at least ohio you can get a BATF certificate to make a certain amount of your own alcohol ( ethyl or metyl ) for, I belive experimental uses, not drinking, as you have to add a bitterent to it to make it unpalatable. It is even illegal to posses a STILL larger than i believe 1 gal. Most "newer" stuff will run on a blend of alcohol and gas just fine, as the seals are of a better quality, nitrile i think. We have ran pure alcohol engines in our pulling tractors for years with antiquated 1960's technology, like higher compression, and more spark lead (advance) and have had no trouble with OEM gaskets and newer hoses. The key is to set the engine up for gas as a way to rid the system of the alcohol. We put a small 1/2 gallon tank in and switch to gas before the engine is shut down, so the gas is in the lines and such when it is shut off, makes for easier restart also. The downfall to alcohol is the fact that it takes alot more of it vs gas, on the order of about a third. We have to jet 30% higher to be able to get enough fuel, and use 1/2 inch lines to supply enough. You would probably use 10 gallons of alcohol, vs 7 or so gallons of gas as an estimate. Alcohol is easier on an engine than gas, lower temps, more power, ( usually around 13-15% ) and less volatile. You would be better off getting a diesel car of truck and running used motor oil and veggie oil in the summer, unless you have a tank heater. Used motor can be ran through a centrifuge and small 2-5 micron filter and be ran as is with no problems, Ive seen it done numerous times. Most used oil can be found for free so the cost is reasonable, build yourself a centrifuge for 100 bucks and your halfway there. Plus the fact that it is kind of legal at the time you wouldnt have jonny law on your tail right away. You could make your own diesel type fuel for 25cents a gallon.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You are right. You have to flush the engine. This is why a seperate tank is useful. But never forget to turn the switch befor you turn the engine off. This is what i postet before :-) Just follow my link 2 pages back. It´s a german Website but he offers a english version, too.

Edit: You could also use those old milk centrifuges to filter the oil. They are cheaper as those high-tech centrifuges (6-10k$) Better use oil that is taken for frying potato fries because there will be much less fat. The brighter it is the better.

edit on 9-3-2011 by verschickter because: forgot something

edit on 9-3-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Correct, you have to turn off the alcohol , and run the gasoline long enough to fill the carb bowl. I dont know how fast the milk ( or honey ) centrifuge turns, you need a few thousand r's to get good results with the waste oil, but this gets the heavy sludge and metal particulates out, and the filters get the rest out. The motor oil needs to be thinned with a clean veggie oil or some diesel to work well. Some older tractors and small engines were dual fuel. You would run gasoline long enough to get the engine hot and the kerosene was then switched on, and vice versa to shut down. Kerosene was half the cost of gas in those days so that was relevant at the time. But by todays standard it would be alot cheaper to get a diesel engined vehicle and collect some waste oil. We go through 200 gal at work during a typical 9 mo season and i could have all of it i want, but i dont have the money to shell out for a diesel truck at the moment. 200 gal turned into 400 gal, just with this source alone.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I´m driving a Diesel, Audi A3 1.9 Turbo Direct Injector, but there are few peoplo who did this on a Pump-JET Engine. I think its because of the thickness of the oil that produces problems. The police in Baden-Württemberg (a state of Germany) bought Volkswagen "Passat" that ran with 100% canola oil 10 years ago!

I know that those Passats had the same Engine (1.9TDI) but without pump-injection. But regarding to the policemen I spoke, the acceleration is not really good (for casing racer on the Autobahn)

The idea with the centrifuge for milk is not mine. I got it from the linked page. He said that he can produce 40 Liters of usable oil in 1 hour with this method. Afterwards he filters it pressureless through a 5 micron filter and he´s doing well. He connected the cooling-water of the engine to a radiator wich heats the oil after 5 minutes of driving but before you have to drive with diesel or heat the oil otherways

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It would depend on the style of injection for the engine, True. The normal style mech pump engines in todays bigger trucks will work well enough if the fuel is thinned. When supposed bio fuel is made there is a certain amount of methanol added to the fuel. On your type of car the process might not work. It would be more easily adapted to the older vehicles and engines.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i think so too. currently I´m working in my freetime on my offroad buggy. It would be cool if i could run it on canola oil or veggie oil but diesel engines are a lot heavier then my current 1.8 turbocharged five cylinder plus the additional tank and so on. It would be worth a try if i could get a old diesel engine. But i dont want the motor directly behind my neck (in terms of load balancing the buggy and moving the engine towards the middle)

In the other case, I bet there would be enough torque from the start, to do some wheelies

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Sorry I think you dig into the wrong direction. Your main reason as you mentoined is to run your car while others cant when fuel is out. What do you think would happen when someone hears that YOU have what THEY WANT in YOUR BACKYARD.

Its called planting IEDs, booby traps, claymores, and having multiple 50 caliber machine guns and explosives around the perimeter. If they get past that they were against the easy one. Next would be Constantina wire with an moat which is electrified to a few million volts which is in front of a tough wall. I will have a catapult that lobs thermite bombs with sticky substance so that any vehicle trying to crash through any barriers will be incinerated immediately. If they still make it past, I will set up chlorine gas tanks to release their contents and fumigate the entire presence with a gas. If they still make it past There will be automatic napalm hoses that will blanket any veichleor human trying to crash through. There will be plenty of land mines and AT mines as well as setups to defeat armor veichles. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Good luck getting within a few miles of this premise.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sorry I think you dig into the wrong direction. Your main reason as you mentoined is to run your car while others cant when fuel is out. What do you think would happen when someone hears that YOU have what THEY WANT in YOUR BACKYARD.

Its called planting IEDs, booby traps, claymores, and having multiple 50 caliber machine guns and explosives around the perimeter. If they get past that they were against the easy one. Next would be Constantina wire with an moat which is electrified to a few million volts which is in front of a tough wall. I will have a catapult that lobs thermite bombs with sticky substance so that any vehicle trying to crash through any barriers will be incinerated immediately. If they still make it past, I will set up chlorine gas tanks to release their contents and fumigate the entire presence with a gas. If they still make it past There will be automatic napalm hoses that will blanket any veichleor human trying to crash through. There will be plenty of land mines and AT mines as well as setups to defeat armor veichles. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Good luck getting within a few miles of this premise.

I think you should seek professional help. And I don't mean that in an inflammatory way. It seems you have a very skewed outlook on certain things and I hope you can find some peace and drop these irrational ideas.

Please refrain from giving people future advice.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Just because someone is more prepared than you for certain situations makes them what do you say? Its called preparedness. You will be the first one to get eaten by vultures when the time comes for your lack of common sense.

You had better remove yourself from your community before you bring it down. You are the weakest link.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Yes and you have all of this stuff in your backyard, too ;-)
you just lost reputation here
edit on 10-3-2011 by verschickter because: quote tag forgotten

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I never said I had it or anything. I was giving the plans for someone to make your backyard plant and how to defend it. Few people think that you wont be able to defend your property. I'm giving you ideas on how to defend your homemade plant.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
...defending a imaginary fuel plant with imaginary weapons and stuff
sorry, as much hope i set into this thread as much it distracts me now by your -sorry- dumb words. im out off here

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

...defending a imaginary fuel plant with imaginary weapons and stuff
sorry, as much hope i set into this thread as much it distracts me now by your -sorry- dumb words. im out off here

How is it imaginary? I said when I have the proper equipment gathered, it will become a reality. Sorry if you can't grasp the concept of planning. While you will be riding your dog, I will still be driving.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Just wanted to say that I rather would spend my knowledge into a reachable goal. My english is not that well sorry if you misunderstood me.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Interesting. Something big is going on at the website Oil Trading Academy, their Alexa ranking just jumped way up, I think there is a secret out about Oil, that it's rigged by a computer, and they are making fortunes there, that's the word on all the boards.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The main problem with the whole idea is that it will require large amounts of Methanol. Not everyone owns a forest.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join