It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 2012 thread plus tarot cards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ok, people this is my first thread so I ask you to be patient, I'm bound to make a few mistakes.

Tarot has been an interest of mine for a while as a result I picked it up a short while back. After doing a small search I found that they were a few threads on Tarot and 2012, which I'm not really surprised. I myself did my own reading about it when I was first starting out. I did not go far in my interpretation because I did not know much, later on someone asked me to do a 2012 reading. Remembering that I already had one written down I used that as my starting point and drew a clarification card for every one in the original reading. Now that I have a little more practice to work off of I got a clearer idea of what the cards were saying. I'm still a novice; I ask more experienced members for their thoughts. Maybe we develop a clearer picture about this 2012 thing.

Spread: 3,3,3,1
3 rows of 3 and 1 row of one, cards 1-9 are events leading to card 10 the outcome. There is a total of 10 original cards in the spread plus the clarification cards that makes the total of 20 or more cards. I will place the original card and its clarification card together in this thread.
My question was “what is the meaning of 12-21-2012”

1. The Tower XVI- collapse of an old way of life, something shocking that crumbles the structures of peoples life.
-- 6 of wands(Reversed)-Defeat, loss or delayed success.

2. 3 of wands(R)-a project or venture of some sort is not progressing due to lack of cooperation, communication, or misinformation.
-- 6 of swords- After a hard time now enters a period of transition.

3. Ace of Pentacles(R)-flawed finances, some financial venture may result in material loss. Greed, materialism or poor decision making maybe a problem.
-- Page of Swords-The need to use quick thinking or diplomacy. Possible unexpected or upsetting news.

4. Queen of Pentacles-one who takes a practical approach and brings progress and security in financial matters.
-- 6 of pentacles(R)- Problems with money, debts, and dishonest business dealings. Money issues due to selfishness.

5. The Hermit IX- Seeking advice, looking inward, considering matters carefully, meditation and self discovery.
-- The Wheel of Fortune X- a stroke of good luck, change for the better.

6. The Devil XV- feelings of being oppressed and fear of material loss. Enslavement, manipulation, self-imposed limitations, negative thinking. Unhealthy attachments and fears.
-- 4 of wands(could of been swords)-*note this one may be off my notes may have gotten messed up* a time of rest or a slow period.

7. The Star XVII- Hope/faith for the future, good fortune and spiritual happiness.
-- Knight of wands- Change, new things: ideas, people, experiences. Creative energy is high.

8. 10 of cups- Joy, unity, harmony,happiness, spiritual growth.
-- Queen of cups- one who is in touch with emotions, intuition, imagination or otherworldly things.

9. Justice XI- Fairness, harmony, balance, being judged, order.
-- 8 of cups- Staying in the same state or place either because things are good or because there is an inability to move on due fear of change.
-- Ace of pentacles- prosperity, so I assume that the 8 of cups refers to staying in the same way because things are good and stable.

10. 8 of cups- moving on to new things, looking inward.
-- 4 of cups- feeling ready for challenges and new opportunities
-- 7 of cups- wishful thinking, fantasies, illusion, escapism,altered states,having many options, can't have everything you want there is always a trade off. Being unrealistic. *I find this card rather hard *

Thoughts: This goes from negative to positive. Like an event of some sort that disrupts society creating a need for reconstruction that lead to a more stable society. Some people say that 2012 is going to be a bad thing while others say it’s a good thing. This reading seems to both sides.

I'd really would like to hear some input on this!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
nice thread S&F from me for you efforts

i am no expert in fact i know little on this subject but i do find this very intriging

im sure there will be some experts along to help you soon while i will sit back and join the ride with you

i will be back to check in later

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Surrounds you and yourself towards how you feel towards the question of "what is 2012" past present and furture of the question

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousObserver

I ask more experienced members for their thoughts

Tarot is not separate from the participants. An identical reading performed by a different practitioner for a different participant might not be best interpreted the same way. Think of it as being like a dream. Imagine, for example, that one person was resuced from freezing to death by a sled dog, and another person had half their face mauled off by a dog as a child. One night, both people have a dream about a dog. Is it reasonable to expect that the "dog" symbol will necessarily have the same meaning for both people?

The question is vague. It is likely to mean different things to different people. Let's assume that your reading was accurate. Ok. Was it an accurate answer for you personally? For the people in your immediate surroundings? For people of this country? For the planet in general? Or, since your question was "what is the meaning" of 2012, was the answer you were given simply a reflection of the expectations that people in general have for the date, regardless of might actually happen?

3 rows of 3 and 1 row of one

I am unfamiliar with that spread, but from your description, I would caution against assuming that the cards necessarily represent a proper sequence of events. Your tower and wands don't necessarily mean January, and your cups don't necessarily mean December.

Remembering that I already had one written down I used that as my starting point
and drew a clarification card for every one in the original reading.

...again, two participants. Your first reading was done by you personally, for you personally. Your "clarification" set may have included information relevant to the person who asked for a reading. To then try to draw conclusions about the date itself from those answers may be difficult.

Imagine asking first an expectant mother what her pregnancy soon-to-be childbirth "meant" to her. So she says that it meant release, freedom, and joy. And then, asking the unborn child what the soon-to-be childbirth meant to him. And to him it meant the death of his current way of life, discomfort and confusion. By combining those descriptions you get a description of an event as "death of the old way of life, amidst confusion and discomfort, but with release into freedom and joy,"

From that description, how likely would you be to conclude that the event being described was childbirth?

edit on 4-3-2011 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't really know about this stuff but don't believe anything spectacular will happen 2012. Just wanted to say good first thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by CuriousObserver

I ask more experienced members for their thoughts

Tarot is not separate from the participants. An identical reading performed by a different practitioner for a different participant might not be best interpreted the same way. Think of it as being like a dream. Imagine, for example, that one person was resuced from freezing to death by a sled dog, and another person had half their face mauled off by a dog as a child. One night, both people have a dream about a dog. Is it reasonable to expect that the "dog" symbol will necessarily have the same meaning for both people?

The question is vague. It is likely to mean different things to different people. Let's assume that your reading was accurate. Ok. Was it an accurate answer for you personally? For the people in your immediate surroundings? For people of this country? For the planet in general? Or, since your question was "what is the meaning" of 2012, was the answer you were given simply a reflection of the expectations that people in general have for the date, regardless of might actually happen?

3 rows of 3 and 1 row of one

I am unfamiliar with that spread, but from your description, I would caution against assuming that the cards necessarily represent a proper sequence of events. Your tower and wands don't necessarily mean January, and your cups don't necessarily mean December.

Remembering that I already had one written down I used that as my starting point
and drew a clarification card for every one in the original reading.

...again, two participants. Your first reading was done by you personally, for you personally. Your "clarification" set may have included information relevant to the person who asked for a reading. To then try to draw conclusions about the date itself from those answers may be difficult.

Imagine asking first an expectant mother what her pregnancy soon-to-be childbirth "meant" to her. So she says that it meant release, freedom, and joy. And then, asking the unborn child what the soon-to-be childbirth meant to him. And to him it meant the death of his current way of life, discomfort and confusion. By combining those descriptions you get a description of an event as "death of the old way of life, amidst confusion and discomfort, but with release into freedom and joy,"

From that description, how likely would you be to conclude that the event being described was childbirth?

edit on 4-3-2011 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

To be honest I wasn't looking much at the card symbols I was using the meanings I memorized, mainly because the deck I use isn't very beginner friendly and the book that came with is rarely any help.

I believe I was thinking about the world in general and what effect it was going to have. As for me personally this is just curiosity and maybe a bit of alarm somewhere in the back of my head the kind you get when you hear a "horror story" on the news. Your right I should have been more specific though I was not sure how to approach the topic.

The spread was from the book that came with my deck. I never assumed that this was going to give me a specific timeline. Although I did get the impression that this was more of a sequence of years than a few months.

Id say that the clarifications as well as the original reading where both done for me personally, I say that because during the second reading I was focusing on making the previous reading more clear. She was not referring to anything specific to her self, more like the global effects, plus I don't think she was really interested in a personal reading I'm thinking she just mentioned it so would not be insulted or out of curiosity. Your point is something I will take into account in future practice. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join