It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain on FOX says we must invest heavily in creating new high tech jobs.IN THE MIDDILE EAST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I was just watching John McCain on FOXs On The Record telling us how we need to invest in Jobs and the Infrastructure...........in the middle east. To him this is a much more pressing issue than creating jobs here. He claimed the American people would just have to understand that it was a matter of National Security......because of course we are stupid enough to go along with ANY plan that can even remotely be linked to national security.

Has the entire government lost its freaking mind?

I am trying to find and put a link in for this, if any of the more tech savvy among us could help it would be appreciated
edit on 4-3-2011 by lastrebel because: FOR SPELLING

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Gee. How about one of them jobs for ME!?! I have been out of work since 2006!!! I have applied to over 35,000 jobs! I need one. Now!

INSANE!

Ok. I have calmed down now. Yeah, why don't we invest in the US first? That might go a long way towards sanity.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I was stunned.

Are our leaders THAT far out of touch with the reality of the average person? 14 TRILLION in debt, people out of work, losing their homes and families......and the most important thing we can do is invest in and create high paying jobs for the middle east

Words arent even enough to express my thoughts on this.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

I am so with you. I want to get rid of money (in all its forms - shells, barter, coins, bills, plastic, electronic funds) and pursue my bliss (see my post here: www.abovetopsecret.com... and the Ethical Planetarian Party link in my sig). Until then, I would like a decent income.

It chaps my tail end that NON-citizens are being considered to have an opportunity THIS citizen does not.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think John McCain is losing it. He's so gung-ho on using war as a means to solve this countries problems with their enemies. (I think he's still fighting his own personal Vietnam war). Everything is a threat to national security. We only have the largest and strongest military in the world and politicians throw around the term "they're a threat to national security" as if we're a small island in the pacific. Anyone who would pick a clueless running mate like Sarah Palin can't be running on all six cylinders.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My guess is that he wants the Middle East to become the "new" China; producing (relatively) "cheap" goods with (relatively) "cheap" labor. China is moving to make the yuan a reserve currency. If that happens we could see fast and widespread hyperinflation of our Federal Reserve Notes, and all those affordable Chinese made products, at Wal Mart, may as well be from Tiffany & Co after prices and exchange rates are adjusted accordingly.

Anyone remember Halliburton shipping in Pakistanis, to rebuild Iraq, in order to save a few extra cents per head? Same deal here. From a Capitalist's standpoint McCain is simply following his lobbyist's best interests. Overall, American citizens will get the "benefit" of slightly cheaper goods (even if the majority may not have the financial security to afford them). Republican or democrat... it doesn't matter; those in Washington don't have your best interests at heart... unless you're providing them with those sweet sweet lobbyist dollars.
edit on 3/4/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think we should just default on the chinese note, then get it on

the Fed has to go and so does DC. its antics are beyond conception

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

From a Capitalist's standpoint McCain is simply following his lobbyist's best interests.

This is just flat-out UNAMERICAN. He's only looking out for the corporate interest, but doesn't see that middle America is a wasteland. It's BROKEN.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Careful now! Ya don't want "them" to hear you insinuating that unadulterated capitalism is "un-American". After all, capitalism is the infallible bastion of American idealism!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

I hear ya, but capitalism isn't exclusive to America, our first civilization (the Sumerians) was based on capitalism. The problem is these capitalists have rotted the core of America, we'll be joining the Soviets and Romans in the history books soon enough.

Maybe that's why McCain wants us to fund high-tech industry in the Middle East, that's where the corporate fat cats will vamoose to when they've bled America dry.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I hear ya, but capitalism isn't exclusive to America, our first civilization (the Sumerians) was based on capitalism. The problem is these capitalists have rotted the core of America, we'll be joining the Soviets and Romans in the history books soon enough.

Likewise, I hear ya.

There's two main downfalls of capitalism.

First, it requires constant growth/expansion to function, and we live in a world of finite and limited resources. This inevitably leads to the proverbial paradox of "an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object".

Second, human greed. While it's the ultimate driving force of capitalism, it inevitably reaches a point of self destruction; thus capitalists have rotted the core of America, and they're moving on now that the bones have been picked dry and sucked of their marrow.

As of yet I haven't seen viable solutions to overcome those obstacles.

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Maybe that's why McCain wants us to fund high-tech industry in the Middle East, that's where the corporate fat cats will vamoose to when they've bled America dry.

You make a good point here. In Dubai, international fat cats were buying "countries" in the World Islands, and high rise condos on the Palm Islands like they were candy; so many are positioned to easily relocate there.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

I'd reply to my fellow naval officer with this: How about we just do the damned no-fly zone, and let somebody else create jobs there (like the Chinese maybe?) while we concentrate on jobs here at home.

I think John is past it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You gotta give ol McCain some slack what is he now in his late 80's and showing obvious signs of dementia. Just show a lil compassion for the old guy let him talk his talk it makes him feel important. And on a side note praise god he didnt win the election we'd be in hella trouble if he had.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
John was told the Truth and that is why he is a spineless twit! He wavered just as he was gaining momentum against Obama, he had the dirt but he chose not to use it; he was told what is coming and he realized that he had best let this unfold or else.

The Whore of Babylon will fall in one day! All of the leaders here, all of the elites, all of the Power based thinkers will exit Babylon in tears and they will go to the Middle East to set up shop. Where else could they keep their powerful ways?

It is a sad thought that we will lose those selfish enough to says such a thing, especially this kind of thinking, but then again we know the ending of the Story. I am wondering why they cannot see how arrogant they really are, that they would think they can continue living this Life as if there are no consequences for their actions.

John sold out!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

You know.. I can't help but wonder if this concept of a "disturbing truth" is closer to reality than not. I mean, we saw how McCain faltered in the run up to the elections.. almost like the wind left his sails (going purely off of memory and my impressions from the time).. and then there was much ruckus here on ATS and elsewhere about how a cheery and happy Obama went into his first "briefing" and came out serious and looking a bit startled/scared.

Leaves one wondering at least...

top topics

join