It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disassociating myself from Christianity.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sooooooo despite my previous posts I'm going to disassociate myself from Christianity all together. It's pretty toxic having view points that look down on other people like that. I don't want to be labeled a bigot or a hater.

There is more things to worry about than who sleeps with who.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
Sooooooo despite my previous posts I'm going to disassociate myself from Christianity all together. It's pretty toxic having view points that look down on other people like that. I don't want to be labeled a bigot or a hater.

I've come back twice to see if anyone had any comments. I haven't seen your previous post, so what has caused your toxicity? What view points? And you threw me off with your last sentence.! Make me understand that feeling of not wanting to be labeled as such.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

Okkkkkkk..... which mod made you make this thread????

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Good for you!

I was raised christian & the hardest part about turning away from all that was getting over the 'hell' scare tactic. It took me a few years but I feel I've finally worked through a lot of the brain washing/mental conditioning. Still get worship songs stuck in my head every once in a while for no reason, but I've learned to shut them up or turn them into something funny. It's hard to forget something even as simple as a song when you were trained to blindly sing it your whole life.

Oh & THE ILLUMINATI SUCK MONKEY CHODE BTW!
HaiL eRIs! aLL hAiL DisCoRdiA!

edit on 3/3/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
here in the uk we have gay priests so not all religion is bigoted, it is merely just a load of crap that seems a bit stone age in this day and age but there is no point in condemming the blind or crazy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't know what or how you believe but faith should be a personal thing, a life ordeal, not a fad or trend as you make it seem. I am sadden to say this term, but "mainstream Christianity" is not true Christianity. You can be a man of faith, a good Christian and have very accepting views in regards to homosexuals. There are many homosexual Christians and guess what? They, like you, have to answer to God, IF you really did believe in him.
Mainstream Christians tend to take place of God and judge people. It does not mean you have to be the same.

If you believe in Christianity, fine but learn about it for yourself. You don't have disassociate yourself from it because of a few bad apples.

edit on 3-3-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I am happy you left religion for seeing that it hampers true equality. As long as the "believer is better than a non-believer" mentality exists, there can never be true equality.

I recently left Islam for this very reason. It has noting to do with not wanting to believe or doubting any god. It has everything to do with Love, Forgiveness, Equality, and the Golden Rule which drove me to leave religion.

If you truly leave Christianity, I recommend that you keep the wisdom of the Old Testament with you. Keep the love and forgiveness of Jesus' message. Ignore the commands, and laws, and decrees related to hate, and anger, and separation, and believer superiority as taught in the religion.

I left Christianity about ten years ago. I left Islam this year. But I still quote scripture when giving advice to others. There is a lot of great spirituality and morals in religion, but the separation and divide it causes must stop.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PinkAndBlack

"Still get worship songs stuck in my head every once in a while for no reason"

Haha. Me too! Even when I was a Muslim I would recite Christian Sunday school songs in my head! The most memorable goes:

"Father Abraham, had many sons.
Many sons had father Abraham.
I am one of them, and so are you.
So let's all praise the Lord."

Don't shut or block them out. Embrace them and sing 'em aloud for childhood nostalgia

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

"Still get worship songs stuck in my head every once in a while for no reason"

Haha. Me too! Even when I was a Muslim I would recite Christian Sunday school songs in my head! The most memorable goes:

"Father Abraham, had many sons.
Many sons had father Abraham.
I am one of them, and so are you.
So let's all praise the Lord."

Don't shut or block them out. Embrace them and sing 'em aloud for childhood nostalgia

"Right arm, left arm, right foot, left foot, turn around, sit down!"

HAHA! Thank you for that!

Another REALLY creepy one...

"I may never march in the infantry, ride in the calvary, shoot the artillery. I may never fly over the enemy, but I'm in the Lords army, YES SIR!"

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have faith, I believe In God, Jesus etc so just because I believe in Christ that makes me in most peoples eyes a Christian. I also disagree with many forms of Christianity as I understand how corrupt and bigoted it is. I therefore have my faith but don't carry the label as a Christian in the perceived sense.
I understand you disassociating from it because I understand that but you can keep your faith. No one says you have to give it a name or be labelled by it.
Yes I believe in the Word but again not in any organised religion way just my own way through research etc.
So do I believe in Christ? Yes
Am I a Christian? No Because to be labelled means that I belong to some organised religion and I don't.
edit on 3/3/2011 by squizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy
I have faith, I believe In God, Jesus etc so just because I believe in Christ that makes me in most peoples eyes a Christian. I also disagree with many forms of Christianity as I understand how corrupt and bigoted it is. I therefore have my faith but don't carry the label as a Christian in the perceived sense.
I understand you disassociating from it because I understand that but you can keep your faith. No one says you have to give it a name or be labelled by it.
Yes I believe in the Word but again not in any organised religion way just my own way through research etc.
So do I believe in Christ? Yes
Am I a Christian? No Because to be labelled means that I belong to some organised religion and I don't.
edit on 3/3/2011 by squizzy because: (no reason given)

Yeeaaah... not making any sense mate. Sounds like you have too much religious self hatred/guilt...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Please show me where I have written anything that shows self hatred or guilt. I have neither of these things. I love myself and have no guilt whatsoever.
I have re-read what I have written and can;t understand how you came to this conclusion. Maybe I should ask what everone does on here and that is *with respect* show me proof.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

"Sounds like..." An observation not a statement.
"...religious self hatred/guilt..." You don't want to claim the title (pick up your cross & walk with it).

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I apologise, I misunderstood your comment. I now see the *sounds like* and yes I don't like organised religion.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

Me neither but don't you think that being a christian who claims they are not a christian is a form of denying christ?
edit on 3/3/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

No, it sounds like you need to leave "Religion". Remember, either Christ will rid your life of ritualism and legalism, or ritualism and legalism will remove Christ from your life.

Check the video in my sig.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
At the op: When I was 18 I left the catholic church because I realized it was man-made.. but a year later I found Jesus in a Baptist church. I accepted Him as my personal Lord and Savior and truly gave my life to Him. I'm not a Sunday Christian anymore, I don't have religion anymore, and I am not a bigot or a hater. I'm a servant. I serve God because He deserves it, and my life is filled with joy. The last 11 years have been the best years of my life.

The bible is true. Jesus is real, and He is Lord. I promise you that. And if you seek Him whole-heartedly and accept Him as your Savior, your life will never be the same either. The bible does not teach bigotry and hating. It's a story of a Father's love for His children. He sent Jesus to die as a sacrifice for your sins, my sins, and everyone else's, so that you could spend an eternity with Him. All you've got to do is reach out and take what He is offering. Don't listen to the garbage most people talk on ATS.. Just because there is a lot of Jesus-haters here doesn't mean that they are right. Seek God honestly in His word. Read the bible.. it's all in there.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't know it's difficult I guess with there being so many anti-Christians on this board.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I don't know it's difficult I guess with there being so many anti-Christians on this board.

Didn't Jesus say we would be hated by men for His gospel?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

I am happy you left religion for seeing that it hampers true equality. As long as the "believer is better than a non-believer" mentality exists, there can never be true equality.

I recently left Islam for this very reason. It has noting to do with not wanting to believe or doubting any god. It has everything to do with Love, Forgiveness, Equality, and the Golden Rule which drove me to leave religion.

If you truly leave Christianity, I recommend that you keep the wisdom of the Old Testament with you. Keep the love and forgiveness of Jesus' message. Ignore the commands, and laws, and decrees related to hate, and anger, and separation, and believer superiority as taught in the religion.

I left Christianity about ten years ago. I left Islam this year. But I still quote scripture when giving advice to others. There is a lot of great spirituality and morals in religion, but the separation and divide it causes must stop.

I too am happy for the OP, now you are Free. I also agree with Sahabi here, the Old Testament is a code book, as is the Torah and the Koran. the teachings are somewhat valid, but the negatives are not teachings at all. The True Creator/Creatoress lives within me, and you, and you too. I know many need some kind of invisible God to watch over and order them about, but I do not need this.
The rules are quite simple:
Love one another.
Love your home, your planet.
Seek a balance in all things.
Do unto others as you would have done to yourself.
Learn as much as possible
Keep an open mind.
Have no petty laws, or useless officials.

In other words, exist with the human race, love them all, but do not like them all, nurture and protect the land and waters. Learn how to use, I mean really use, Human Emotion. To be a creator, one must be able to use this in a balanced and kind way in all things. The True Power that lies in humankind must never be unleashed in anger. This was evidenced in this post today:
Did Jesus kill?

We have come a long way, but there is always work to be done. You cannot Ascend unless you want to, and many do not want to. We are well on our way to be Creators in our own right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join