It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The paradox of the doomtard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, I hope this is in the right slot, I just like "The Grey area" as a forum label so this is where I will start.

I want to talk a little about a "Grey area" in my mind. I have been around the internet a time or two, and as an infojunky, or "doomtard" I find myself in places like ATS looking for the next big disaster.

Will the next CME be the one to end the power grid?

Will comet Elenin smash into the moon?

Martial law?

Economic collapse?

Nuclear war?

Supervolcano?

Methane leak and explosion?

Out of control government doing crazy things?

Do you find yourself drawn to such subjects? Do you find yourself combing the recent posts and newest threads looking for that trigger that will send you into full blown defcon 1 ultra doom preparedness mode?

Well for me, I have a craving for info. It isn't that I want the doom to come, it just seems inevitable, and sometime soon I feel the doom will actually arrive.

No one wants to see the death of humanity, chaos, and destruction. Some might hint that their financial situation is so dire that they hope the sun doesn't come up the next day, or that they get obliterated in a fire ball of intergalactic doom as the shock wave from a super nova reaches the Earth.

I for one hate my job. I usually work 7 days a week, not all day everyday, but it just never ends. So I have concluded that one factor that is involved with my doom seeking is that I really just don't want to do my job anymore, it sucks. So sometimes in the back of my mind I hope to wake up to flashing warnings that the banking system lost all account records, and don't worry about going to work for a while because money doesn't work anymore.

However I realize that after the first 10 seconds of realizing that there is no work for a while, and the joy of it, I will be faced with the prospects that there will probably be a deathmatch at the grocery store, and there will be no escape from the chaos. (I am pretty well prepared for the doom).

Then there is the whole thing where there is no more fast food, a/c, and hot showers, which just wouldn't be good at all.

So this doomtard may like to read about doom, and crazy info, but in reality I just want to live in peace and be left alone.

The best example of what I am talking about would be that, yeah. I would be excited for like 2 minutes if it came out that Yellowstone blew. Then the terror would set in, and as I loaded canned goods and shotgun shells into the back of my truck, with the destination of Tierra Del Fuego in mind, I would be totally wishing that yellowstone had not blown, and I was at ATS looking at the what is going on at Yellowstone thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
S+F for "doomtard"...yes I'm stealing it, after all the world might end tomorrow

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Pause at Doomtard...um what? Thats a pretty derogatory word. Means you think of nothing but doom...akin to a fire and brimstone kind of person. I think you are too hard on yourself...you don't live on planet Doom 24/7 do you?
I consider myself a survivalist more than anything. If you take about 30 to 45 minutes out of your day preparing for any problem that may come up in the future you won't have any paradoxes to worry about.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It really might.

There is a lot that can go wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

I didn't coin the word doomtard. It is a funny label that you get from sheeple when you talk about possible catastrophic scenarios and the need to stock up on guns, ammo, seeds, gasoline, water, and food.

In reality I am a survivalist as well. Sorry if you were offended about my terminology, but there was an element of humor in my post in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I also just want peace and quiet and to be left alone.

But I don't think that is possible anymore in this day and age. Maybe for a while, but eventually people would come around and screw it all up. They always do, thats why we can't have nice things. I would write people off as a failed experiment and start over.

So I am absolutely looking forward to the big one, apacalypse, armageddon, an ELE, whatever you want to call it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Hahahahahahahah! At least you are honest buddy!

I wish you peace and happyness in your life!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I am very much a "Doomer" and a "Gloomer", but that is only because others have used me, abused me, and found every way in pushing me down; I just want that part of life to come to a screeching halt.

I have lost so many careers only because I cared. I have been evicted from my home twice in 10 years and not because I play loud music or because I do not pay rent, it was always because someone wanted me to "learn" to be like everyone else (this sounds like sarcasm but it is not). I am a gardener and I am an artist so I do not tolerate "white walls" and concrete yards.

I have done everything in my power to get out of their way (the users), and I have done everything in my power to never include myself in their way of life. I have finally managed to blend myself into a place that has almost no people in it, wildlife abound, and more "work" than I can manage. My work being to take care of this "wild" place and to keep it secure. My current job and life is as a caretaker of a large property; I do not get paid and I do not pay taxes, but I do get a free house which has enabled me to be a bit carefree in my approach.

This doesn't make the worst of us go away, it only isolates me from others and it protects me; I really do need the Doom if I want what I want in the end.

I once had a "horrible-scope" reading in where I was told, "you are Naive about the Joy that will come in the Future". In other words I am not really seeing the worst-case scenario but rather the end results of such things. I seemed to have the ability to block out the horror that will unfold by blindly looking at only the end of the story, Heaven on Earth. Not a bad thing but perhaps not a wise thing by most standards, especially if it gets as bad as I suspect.

I was gifted recently by the loss of my Heat in the home I live in. It has been over a month now and we experienced 3 degrees for several days (that was an eye opener). I had never experienced this kind of temperature before. I was also gifted recently by the loss of my water as a result of the 3 degree temps. This has been restored but I spent 7 days without water to flush the toilet or to shower with. I have come to the conclusion I love running water! I still do not have heat other than a fireplace and some small space heaters; so if I am gifted again it will be by the loss of my Electricity so that all I have left is the fireplace.

I think I am ready for the Doom! I do not know how soon I will have to "bug-out" when shtf, but I feel more confident that it is just a matter of getting over such niceties. I am fortunate that all of my food is prepared by me; I would be sick if I ate fast food as I am intolerant of most additives now. My biggest worry is how well my body is prepared for this, it seems my mind still thinks I am 20! By ancient culture standards I would be considered very old, I am 48.

To be perfectly honest, I think I look past the "worst-case scenario" because I know we are all going to die! That is what this is all about. There is no ascension (that is death), there is no survivalist (those are just called cannibals), they will succumb the same as everyone else. I guess I am a fatalist with a "joy-joy" mentality. I can only blame my handlers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I find myself constantly wanting change. I want to see action. Let the stock market crash. Lets have some big war with china. Yellowstone? Bring it on. This world is so boring why not liven it up with some action. At the very least we could see disclosure in our lifetimes. Whats the big deal, aliens exist, get used to it. I think the most fun to be had would be a complete monetary collapse, and a reset on the elite and their lavish lifestyle. No more caviar? Ha ha sucker.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Humanity is binary, given that we do not leave Earth we will be 0, extinct. Only expanding to other planets could even give us any chance at 1.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Very interesting viewpoint!

Good to see a fellow New Mexican on here!

I live in Las Cruces.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

LOL. Yeah I would love to see the bankers running scared.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Humanity is binary, given that we do not leave Earth we will be 0, extinct. Only expanding to other planets could even give us any chance at 1.

It is a fact that one day the Earth will in fact be within the Sun.

If we haven't left by then we will be done.

I support space colonization.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Most people who want mega doom or the world to end or change in a positive way, are those whose life sucks.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

HAHAHA You gave me a good laugh with that title...
So weird that nobody was siting the fireball warnings this past week from the southern states and screaming the sky is falling though.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I can't believe how perfectly you just described me, I mean completely, to a "T"....
With you all the way man.
Every morning when I get up at 5am, and sit with my coffee, I jump on ATS to see if somebody got nuked over the night, or something is happening somewhere on the planet that is worth thinking about or talking about the rest of the day.
And then when I get home from work, I am always glad nothing too life shattering happened at all...

top topics

join