It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chance of new skirmish in Korea in the next 12 hours VERY HIGH

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
So here's the deal.

North Korea is in a desperate position. They need food. They need money. But they won't talk. They want to have it their own way. And they do that by making provocations, so the South/US sees it as cheaper to give NKorea what it wants than let them do provocations.

They had talks with South Korea a few weeks ago, but it broke down because NKorea refused even to acknowledge that they attacked the border island in November or sank the SKorean warship in March 2010. So they left the talks and refused to talk anymore.

N. Korea says S. Korea provoked deadly shellfire

South Korea drops leaflets in North telling people of Egyptian uprising

So now, South Korea have been sending leaflets over North Korea, helping the population, and pissing off Kim. Sanctions really just hurt the population, but propaganda leaflets REALLY pisses off Kim.

South Korea also kicked off war drills with the US, which are to last till April 30. The Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier group will join them in the next 2 weeks as it will participate.

Those drills were already planned... and NKorea were warned of those on February 16.

And of course, North Korea...
North Korea warns South of nuclear war

South Korean and US troops began military drills yesterday, as North Korea warned that the exercises could trigger a nuclear war on the divided peninsula.

They are not just pissed at the drills, they are pissed at the leaflets South Korea is sending over.
N.Korea on Alert for Signs of Resistance

Those leaflets stir up trouble inside NKorea...

And this time, they have threatened to attack if the South continues.

Yonhap: #ROK Defense Ministry received notice from #DPRK that North will fire "aimed shots" at psyop sites if propaganda campaign continues.

And what is different this time is that they've sent the warning to the UN too.

North Korea is also preparing a nuclear test.
Is N.Korea Getting Ready for Another Nuclear Test?

They also just finished a new ICBM test site which took them 10 years to finish.
New North Korean Space Launch Site Appears Completed

They also moved amphibious ships to invade the contested border island.
North Korean Floaters Head South

And while this is happening, China is protecting NKorea.
China blocking UN report on N.Korea: diplomat

The latest info is that North Korea is on high alert at the border. The South just put themselves on alert in response.

The South just indicated to their troops that they will respond 3 fold to any attack NKorea might make. For every shell/bullet, SKorea will strike back with 3 shells/3 bullets. Not only that, if NKorea fires anything at the South, the plan to use artillery and AIR STRIKES in counter attack (because the SK artillery sucks)... which is an escalation really.

South Korea plans to send 100 000 leaflets over North Korea at 6AM local time. March 2 is also the celebration day for Kim Jong Il's birthday even if his birthday is February 16.

North Korea said they would respond.

So... showdown in less than 12 hours.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Its like the boy who cried wolf, I just can't take North Korea seriously anymore.
Its like every week with theses fellas.

How many times have we heard of Korea threatening to attack honestly?
"unprecedented all-out counteraction" my ass.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

It seems almost as if the civilized world understands that the NorK government is just the "crazy guy at the end of the block" and that they only need to "soothe" and contain him rather than eliminate him.

The notion that barry obama would take part in or even give lip service to a pre-emptive military strike now is laughable.

the man's biggest concern is how soon he can get away to honolulu, and how much more he can kiss the ass of labor union bosses.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Many times. But the times they've actually put themselves on high alert are very few, and the times they do that, they always do something.

So I think there's real potential here.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't support the NK regime but doing this,

South Korea plans to send 100 000 leaflets over North Korea at 6AM local time. March 2 is also the celebration day for Kim Jong Il's birthday even if his birthday is February 16.

well that's childish and simply asking for trouble...

I'm not really sure about the torpedo incident either..
Too many loose ends with that..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

There has to be a breaking point.....i know by now i would throw down.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Add to this a weakened geomagnetic field and all satelite blowing out,reducing international military awareness because of the degree of electronic damage and you have defences down and inbound .....get the drift.
By the way it is correct that if you wanted your weapons electronics to be protected you would seal them in gold and lead,these weapons Intercontinental or not will take off and....ya get the drift !
All the countries are running against time when this event will happen.Gold is being bought at a alltime high.
The views expressed by this poster are purely speculative and do not relate to any real occurrences or events and any copying ,redistribution of these views will be enforced by federal law...yada..yada..yada ...Ya think !How will everyone react when everything realied on for defence and survival stops,what will happen,what will go through that mind on realization,no external information to tell you what is happening and......silence before the ...!
Free will=The right to express truthful information without fear and reprisals to enhance knowledge of the state of consciousness,not a country,not a ruler,the consciousness
On a positive note gaddafis chemical weapons were decomissioned first before todays events !
Trying to do the same with the other countries now is impossible,after watching whats happening.Dangerous times ,oh well as long as fema kids are ready to help.Thats code for agents to you and me.
Whens HAL going to appear,forgot it runs on electrics

N Korea,not a proposition,not a hope,very dangerous.I am,sitting on the fence.Not !
edit on 1-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I've been following the news on North Korea for years now via sites like this etc.

Nothing happens!

What I mean by this is the whole World is sick to death of hearing from childish Kimmy and his rants. But what have we done about it? Nothing, diddly squat!

North Korea have even sunk South Korean ships, shelled it's civillians on the Island, tested Nukes, fired missiles over Japan and I'm sure many other stupid things. What have they done about it, nothing!

So Kimmy thinks he can get away with practically anything now.

The World has not only done nothing about this but REWARDED him with Food, Oil, Gas, Electricity and given them tonnes of other aid.

You what?

Surely this isn't right. Sorry but it seems if you are a good person, you get treated like sh** and only the bad Muppets on Earth get the rewards.

TBH, I can't wait until we obliterate the whole of North Korea to start filtering out these morons and then maybe we can move onto the other idots on Earth, the ******'s in the Middle East (Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza etc.)

Finally, then, we might be able to leave in peace and once these Muppets are removed, we can then start to get rid of weapons of mass destruction because if we don't, humanity won't go on for much longer!

Sounds harsh but it makes sense!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Speaking of barack obama's impotence in managing foreign aggression:

Obama the Impotent

The fact that it took ten days and at least a thousand dead on the streets of Libya’s cities before President Obama finally mustered the courage to call for Muammar “mad dog” Gaddafi to step down is highly embarrassing for the world’s only superpower, and emblematic of a deer-in-the-headlights approach to world leadership. Washington seems incapable of decisive decision-making on foreign policy at the moment, a far cry from the days when it swept entire regimes from power, and defeated America’s enemies with deep-seated conviction and an unshakeable drive for victory.

When your supposed closest ally perceives you as a limp wrist in dealing with these things, you know you're in bad shape.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So North Korea have been deploying troops around the country, there's unrest in several provinces due to food shortages...

The leaflets have not been sent yet...maybe South Korea backed down after a call from Obama... we'll see if they launch them through the day.

U.S. Aircraft Carrier to Participate in Joint Drills

In time with the start, the North Korean military reportedly put coastal artillery units and naval units on the western coast north of the Northern Limit Line on special alert, and ordered other military units to maintain combat readiness.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I too have been wondering about the torpedo incident. Isn't it possible that it was the doing of the US? I mean I'm like 115% sure that they want NK gone, but preemptive action is not something they'll risk again.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why Is Korea so important? Have they got oil that we don't know about?
If not who gives a crap about this area?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Regards, Iwinder

There's US troops there and the US have an alliance military treaty with South Korea... meaning if North Korea attacks, the US has to help with troops.

And guess what would happen to the US economy/state of the US army if that were to happen? Yeah.

Not to mention the implications of what would happen if South Korea fell to NKorea/China...

You can bet Japan would deploy nukes a few weeks later.. and it would a whole new ball game.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Regards, Iwinder

Nope,but Korea is pretty much a Buffer-Zone between China and the US.

China doesnt want to risk a War,because they know N-Korea will lose if they dont step in,which would mean a War with S-Korea and by proxy the US.

But the US wants a War to get closer to China´s Border for whatever Reason,one beeing that China is an emerging Super-Power,which the US doesnt really like much

As you can see,Korea is pretty much only an Obstacle to the US,for China its a Buffer to keep the US away from its Border.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Regards, Iwinder

There's US troops there and the US have an alliance military treaty with South Korea... meaning if North Korea attacks, the US has to help with troops.

And guess what would happen to the US economy/state of the US army if that were to happen? Yeah.

Why? I am Canadian and we lost a lot of people in the "Korean War" and I still can't figure out how we ended up there.
I guess it is similar to Afghanistan as there is no rhyme nor reason just blood and guts.
Alliance treaty for how long and how many dead for what purpose?
I am not thrashing around here I really would like some solid answers.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Sigh, I think anyone who is or has some intellect or intelligence, has that feeling in their gut as of now. As far as trying to pinpoint or find that one move that alters all that we know, I can't call it anymore, nor do I presume nor wish to continue to follow such events that are unfolding. In all happenstances that are bringing us to the future it is a seemingless point of view that is seen and only heard by those that have been adepts of history, those that have brought us written documents on how mankind has failed. Bringing me to my own demise and that is to just wait for it, and hope I wait a very long time. I cannot keep up with all the bad news anymore, and the more I try to position myself with individual that may have the same perspective I continue to find a sphere of ignorance associated with current events. It is no nor will their be someone who has an epiphany when NK and SK goto war, it is a given, their is also no prevailant adhearness to what is going on in the middle east that can portray a peaceful god loving existence their in the coming decades. Yet whatever the case I just can't pinpoint nor understand the how and why when it occurs, just can say perhaps a time will return where our grandparents and great grandparents did their best to prevent it from ever occurring again.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

Regards, Iwinder

Nope,but Korea is pretty much a Buffer-Zone between China and the US.

China doesnt want to risk a War,because they know N-Korea will lose if they dont step in,which would mean a War with S-Korea and by proxy the US.

But the US wants a War to get closer to China´s Border for whatever Reason,one beeing that China is an emerging Super-Power,which the US doesnt really like much

As you can see,Korea is pretty much only an Obstacle to the US,for China its a Buffer to keep the US away from its Border.

Thank you for your take on the situation there.........As I see it the US has no say now whatsoever regarding China they sold their country out to China many years ago and will pay dearly for it.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
South Korea would have absolutely no problem dispersing with the North army. Hell half of em would probably desert their posts like the boys in Iraq did during Desert Storm. Would be over quickly. Kim aint got no nuke he can fire at anyboyd unless he loads it onto a scud and if so would most likely come back and land right on top of his fat little head.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Excellent Summary.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They are trying for war, to feed the war machine & Tachyon Particle souls for the Quantium BIO computuer
they want to develope the beaches and be next to the dragon,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join