It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran objects to 2012 London Olympics logo, Say emblem is racist, spells the word "Zion"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Whether you like the 2012 Olympic logo, or not it does not say “Zion”. The Iranian’s are both playing the fool and being foolish. Doubtless they are playing to their audience as they roll through their sad lives of hatred, but sadly there are people who actually believe this type of rubbish.

No doubt, the failure of the Iranian Olympic team to make any progress in any sport (except wrestling or weightlifting, or some such) will be blamed on the Zionists. If Iran boycotted the Games then they would not be missed. I think they should boycott. Good riddance!

Regards

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The “1” looks more like a backwards R, or a T with a chunk taken out of it than an I. The second “2” looks more like another Z than an N with a genetic disorder. Or you could turn the first "2" on its side as well and make it into another N and turn the "1" upside-down and make it into an L.

So that’s Zorz/Zotz/Zoln/Notz/Norn/etcetera, or alternatively Zroz/Ztoz/Zron/Nloz/Nron/etcetera if you want to make it say that by reading up/down instead of left/right for some reason. Or any combination of those letters and numbers depending on what you want it to say.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! It means that it is a crap logo and that Iranian politicians are either insane or desperate to stir up some anti-West sentiment or both. I can't imagine how anyone could have a serious discussion about this.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Whether you like the 2012 Olympic logo, or not it does not say “Zion”.
Regards

Why is there a dot? Cross your t's and dot your i's but don't dot your ones. This doesn't seem odd to you, whether it says zion or not?
edit on 28-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
650,000!!! for that ugly looking logo!?

I would have made them a better one for a ham sandwich!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Looks like Zion to me without having to stretch the imagination at all.

Perhaps the ridiculously high cost of the logo was because of all the (supposed) cryptic messages contained within it. If you think about it, any mediocre artist can design a logo, often times though a logo is supposed to have some kind of "meaning" behind it. If it had several, cryptic, subliminal interpretations inside the conceptual design it would cost a fortune.
Marketing in general contains alot of subliminals, most of which stimulate a sexual response, even if you don't recognize it as such. This is the crux of advertising these days. For this logo to spell the word Zion and to have other cryptic, subliminal messages is a given in my opinion.
And....yes, I agree, it is hurrendous and not pleasant to the eye at all.
edit on 28-2-2011 by mutantgenius because: didnt like the color.

link   
At first, I kind of thought this was silly and that Iran was just making waves, bucking the system, if you will. However, "2012" doesn't have an "i" in it. This logo has a "dot" in the middle that looks like it is the tittle of an "i", which of course does make it say "Zion".

With that being said, I don't think it's racist per se, however I'm curious as to why "Zion" might be taunted in the olympic logo. Symbolism. I'm generally not a huge believer in all of the symbolism that many conspiracy theorists point out for various reasons but this logo is pretty striking.

--airspoon

link   
reply to post by paraphi

Whether you like the 2012 Olympic logo, or not it does not say “Zion”.

Look at this picture please, and tell me what you see.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13a376426434.jpg[/atsimg]
What do you see? A young woman or an old woman? Do you see how silly it is to argue that the picture "is or isn't" of one or the other? The same is true of the olympic logo. It can easily be interpreted either way.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
For pete's sake it IS ugly.....real ugly.....OMG who in the world thought up PINK....it's sooooo um gay!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
that cant be helped look at it
2 = z
0= o
1=i
2=n

almost leet, cant be helped..

kx

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This could just be one of those propaganda deals,where name your despot here____ makes up silliness about name your international event here_____

In order to stop his sportsmen and women and families from leaving the country and never coming back IMO.

I tell you folks,it seems like many nutjob people could get rich advising the iranian regime on silly ideas.
I for one would take say US$600 000 to explain to them the reality of the US/Israeli plot to use out of date cheese ball gravity missiles to block their drainage systems in Tehran.

But I expect they already know about that plot with such high calibre folks in their think tanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
How can I put this without getting in trouble .
Every time I see this logo it looks too me like Lisa Simpson giving O

Is it just me

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Not surprising that Iran is against this
I'm surprised that not more people are against this since it costed an arm and a leg.
That's ridiculous!!!

But here's something else
In the matrix they said that Zion is the last place left on earth
The logo also says 2012

Is Jerusalem going to be the head of state/earth?
Will Jerusalem be the last place on earth that is capable of leading?

Maybe I'm just thinking too much
Food for thought though.

www.alarabiya.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well I can tell you that, although I never saw the 'zion' symbol or name in it. I do think it's one of the worst things I've laid eyes on from a money-funded endevour and for it to be the chosen symbol confirms my dread for the future.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Much ado.....

about...

NOTHING.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I was thinking one of Kylie Monogue's gay marketeers did the logo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's ugly and unreadable....and if you rearrange the numbers and pretend they're letters then it could spell Zion...or Zoin...or maybe Noiz. But racist? What race is it descriminating against? Even if it did spell Zion (on purpose) in what way is it racist?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Have to agree with Iran on this one. Looks like the word "ZION" more than 2012.

That has to be the ugliest piece of artwork I've ever seen....or they purposely made it like that to make numbers into a word.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You are not kidding.... and I think I know now the code words behind the country's name:

I rainians
R eally
A re
N uts

Prove me wrong.....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The IRANian government has too many people with too much wild imagination and conspiracy theory... seems they would fit right in here at ATS.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
From a graphic designer point of view, this is not a good logo. It looks like they took a "fiesta" font type and arranged it in a weird way and said "DONE!"

But knowing how the graphic design world works, and having seen the scrutiny that logos go through before they become public, makes me think there is something more to it. They must have had hundreds, if not thousands of thumb nailed designs before they chose which direction they were headed in, and then hundreds or thousands of variations of the one(s) they chose to take to the next stage of development. Every little aspect of a logo is scrutinized, every part of it has a purpose or portrays something, an emotion/feeling.. it all has a reason, even the colors.. and it's usually deeper than "the kids will like it!". There's a science to logos, especially one symbolizing one of the biggest & most known events in the world.

In my thinking, there is no way that the ZION similarity didn't come up in one of the many presentations/meetings between the designers and the people in charge (whether it was intentional or not).

How much did the whole thing cost? They want you to think incompetency is the reason it could possibly look similar.. but that much money doesn't buy incompetence. If it wasn't meant to say ZION, then there is another overlooked meaning behind it. Where did that $650,000 go? Is this how they launder their money?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ZION and 2012 are close enough that it is probably unavoidable, but I object just on pure ugliness. That logo is so unreadable that it could be interpreted to say almost anything. Not every language reads left to right, so those four digits could be correctly read in several different ways. Even the colors are ugly! Is Susan G. Komen their only sponsor? What is with the pastel pink and blue for Olympics?

Make them change it.
edit on 28-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

I could not agree with you more. That logo is absolutely hideous! The design, the colors,... good lord that's terrible. I'm an illustrator/graphic designer. Let me have the job. I'll charge half as much and I'll come up with something a lot more tasteful.

Also it looks like a person on the right giving a person on the left a BJ...Probably the work of reptilian shapeshifters trying to corrupt our youth with subliminally perverse propaganda

Seriously though they ought to review the ugly thing anyway, looks like the early 90s threw up all over a poster

edit on 28-2-2011 by Hawking because: Trying to be a tad less vulgar...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join