It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran objects to 2012 London Olympics logo, Say emblem is racist, spells the word "Zion"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ideology and populism aside... that has got be one of the ugliest logos I have ever seen......

They should get their money back..... but they won't.... it was likely made by an elite club-member

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ZION and 2012 are close enough that it is probably unavoidable, but I object just on pure ugliness. That logo is so unreadable that it could be interpreted to say almost anything. Not every language reads left to right, so those four digits could be correctly read in several different ways. Even the colors are ugly! Is Susan G. Komen their only sponsor? What is with the pastel pink and blue for Olympics?

Make them change it.
edit on 28-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

I could not agree with you more. That logo is absolutely hideous! The design, the colors,... good lord that's terrible. I'm an illustrator/graphic designer. Let me have the job. I'll charge half as much and I'll come up with something a lot more tasteful.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
The numerals are pretty clear , and theres no language in the known UNIVERSE that translates that post cubism horror story, into even a blindmans representation of the word Zion. Now and again I find myself very understanding of Arab attitudes to the realities of the world, and other times, like this for instance, I find myself flabbergasted by some nations capacity to see a dagger in a bunch of flowers.

Really? Because I am appalled at the lengths jump to be offended, but this looks as much like Zion as it does 2012. It doesn't look much like either one, but one is as likely as the other.

As for "known languages":

Many East Asian scripts can be written horizontally or vertically. The Chinese, Japanese and Korean scripts can be oriented in either direction, as they consist mainly of disconnected syllabic units, each occupying a square block of space. On the other hand the traditional Mongolian script and its offshoots (like Manchu) are written vertically.

Horizontal writing is known in Chinese as hengpai (Chinese: 橫排; pinyin: héngpái; literally "horizontal alignment"), in Japanese as yokogaki (横書き, "horizontal writing", also yokogumi, 横組み), and in Korean as garosseugi (가로쓰기) or hoengseo (횡서; 橫書).

Vertical writing is known respectively as shupai (simplified Chinese: 竖排; traditional Chinese: 竪排; pinyin: shùpái; literally "vertical alignment"), tategaki (縦書き, "vertical writing", also tategumi, 縦組み), or serosseugi (세로쓰기) or jongseo (종서; 縱書).

Traditionally, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean are written vertically in columns going from top to bottom and ordered from right to left, with each new column starting to the left of the preceding one.

So I suppose it could say 0221 or it could say ONZI, or it could say any number of ridiculous things from a ridiculous logo. The dot in the middle serves no purpose whatsoever, unless the artist was truly trying to stir controversy, which I expect.

It wouldn't be the first time an artist added something to stir controversy.......
Coca cola bottle fellatio fiasco

edit on 28-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Oh right, it works like that does it?

That must mean...Surely not...No, it can't be so...

Is mans best friend really an omnipotent being?

Re-arrange the letters in Dog and you get God....

If you have to re-arrange the letters, then your deliberately trying to make something it isn't.

Read left to right and top line first, as is the norm in the Roman Alphabet, it reads 2012 in highly chunky and styled writing.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think looking at this as individuals is a little silly on reflection. We know that left and right brained people observe shape and form differently , and I think alot of the difference of opinion here can be put down to that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

PINK?!
W T F ?!
Not to mention it's really stupid looking...
IRAN is wright!
BS logo!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

But here's something else
In the matrix they said that Zion is the last place left on earth
The logo also says 2012

www.alarabiya.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

More food for though..found this interesting

Neo can stop those "mechanical optopus" outside the matrix system.

Neo didn't die even when one of the mechanical optopus passed through his body

Zion is simply a place designed by machine for fixing those bugs (Neo,Trinity etc.....) who feel unreal in matrix. Once they wake up, they just go to another system (Zion) and they think that they are free. But in fact, they (bugs) are still under the control of the machine.

Zion, possibly a Matrix within a Matrix

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A bunch has been written about this logo, and the 2012 olympics. I recall something about a fake alien visitation with evidence to unite all faiths, and something about Prince William crowned king. I forget, but here is Rik Clays book about it. RIP Rik.
2012 Zion by Rik Clay

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
They actually have a point...sorta looks like Zion to me...

Ahmadinejad is an ATS member, no doubt about it!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It only spells Zion if you re-arrange two of the numbers and turn the last one on it's side. 2012 does not spell zion

This is a PR stunt by Iran, they don't want to send anyone to the games for fear they won't come back or they'll have access to western media and won't be under gov't control. Any logo with 2012 in it could have been miss interpretted to spell zion the same way. Of course since you read right to left in arabic they should be reading this as OZNI.

Which is funny since Ozni was named in the bible as the father of the Oznites and the son of Gad (who was a son of Jacob the brother of Joseph - as in technicolor coat not Mary's husband). Ozni's brother was Shuni and his decendants became known as the Shunites in the old testament (and Torah). All the families descended from Gad (one of the 12 tribes) where punished for 7x 360 years (2520 years).

You'd think that they'd be happy the logo was showing isreal being punished.

IS Islam just going to skip the whole year 2012 because it's racist?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I have to agree that is the worst logo I have ever seen, the color scheme is like the 80's fashion, when people worse highlighter color clothes
ok, just thought of this, light blue = baby boy, Light pink = baby girl, some kind of new beginning represented in the color, yea i know that's a long shot.
peace

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Pretty sure it contains a hidden message because there have to be a reason to made it sooo horrendous ugly.
I have a logo design program on my pc: I can produce 5 logos in 1 hour that are much better.
Something is wrong here....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Interesting to note in your link that the same claim was made about the 2008 logo. I think someone has too much "zion" on their mind....I will agree that the 2012 logo is ugly, and if Iran doesn't like it they can just...... stay away from participating in the games....

edit on 2/28/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's my understanding that Arabic is read right-to-left , top-to-bottom . So , reading it from that perspective , I read "OZZI" . Maybe Ozzie Osbourne is the real threat here ?

By the way , I saw the twelve disciples congregating in my cornflakes again this morning ...

But seriously , the logo is hideous .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

If you have to re-arrange the letters, then your deliberately
trying to make something it isn't.

In that case it doesn't say 2012 either, because to interpret it that way you need to put together two disconnected chunks and arbitrarily choose to perceive the dot in the middle as being connected to the squiggly in the lower right.

Read left to right and top line first, as is the norm in the Roman Alphabet

I read Japanese. So by habit, reading top to bottom is not unintuitive. Personally, it was easier to interpret it by reading it top to bottom that to interpret the unconnected dot in the middle as part of the N to make a 2.

As for the N, in my image I rotated by 90 degrees because I used windows paintbrush, but as shown in the video that Libertygal linked, you don't actually need to rotate it that far to get a N. Simply tilt your head a bit, or shift in your chair so you're leaning to the left, and it pretty obviously looks like a capital N.

your deliberately trying to make something it isn't.

Have you ever seen the spinning dancer video?

Some people see her as rotating in one direction, others see her rotating in the other direction. This video shows why.

If you want to suggest that it's a coincidence that the symbols chosen for the logo can be so easily interpreted to spell out Zion, so be it. The logo itself does not tell us the intent of its maker. But to the people in this thread insisting that it can't possibly be interpreted to say Zion, or accusing us of "deliberately" misinterpreting it...I don't think that's intellectually honest.

To me personally, it's easier to read that logo as saying Zion than it is to read it as saying 2012.

edit on 28-2-2011 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
To me it reads Zoin not Zion lol. Anyways, ways who cares what Iran Thinks. If they do not like the logo,then do not attend the game. You certianly will not be missed that is for sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I have to agree that is the worst logo I have ever seen, the color scheme is like the 80's fashion, when people worse highlighter color clothes
ok, just thought of this, light blue = baby boy, Light pink = baby girl, some kind of new beginning represented in the color, yea i know that's a long shot.
peace

Maybe Iran is stirring up trouble just to get the Brits to change this hideous logo. Come to think of it I think I find this logo highly offensive too......... offensive to my eyes and sense of good taste!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Glad to see the iranians are employing proper intellectuals who believe in some of the more weird/wacko conspiracy theroeis of internet land

...Straight away I thought-I bet they saw that Rik Clay video.
No offense to the deceased Mr Clay,but I never bought his ideas on this whole deal.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Lol this is funny! Irans leaders got them zionists/Israelis/Jews/whatever on the brain again. Paranoid or what?

Every time a mole leaves a mole hill in Tehran they must blame it on the Zionist tunnel makers

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join