It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America violates our rights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
America has violated our rights they put prostitutes in jail and drug users in jail which is against their rights.A prostitute has the right to sale her body for sex.A drug user has the right to use drugs if you are not harming anybody you shouldn't go to jail over it.Now the America I know is fascist.They violate Prisoners rights in the constitution it states that we have the right to bare arms which means weapons and guns but a ex-con isn't allowed to own one.Now don't use the excuse that they lost their rights when they broke the law.Half of the laws we have go against our rights I believe that if you are not harming anybody then you shouldn't be put in jail.Like the law you have to wear your seat belt.You are not harming anybody but yourself.Which you have the right to do.It isn't the governments job to hold our hand.The government isn't here to deal with our problems.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Every year more laws are added to the books, not less. Where is the end game to it all? They will just list the things we CAN do, anything else will be illegal or need approval/license/permit. There's people in some cigar smoke filled room just dreaming sh*t up about things we can't do anymore, and we just keep letting it happen.
WE are the retarded ones.
edit on 27-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i guess the good thing about the US is that we are pretty much free to leave if we find our beliefs are incompatible with the laws of the state in which we reside.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
i guess the good thing about the US is that we are pretty much free to leave if we find our beliefs are incompatible with the laws of the state in which we reside.

hmmm. to me the good thing about america is that we dont need to feel as though we have to leave if we dont agree....we are free to speak up.

But hey, running works too.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

We can move to a different state, yes, but it is hard as hell to renounce American citizenship because you have to prove that you aren't leaving to evade taxes and that you may be considered a terrorist for leaving. In the color of the law a person can't renounce unless you are already a citizen of another country already because they believe that there is no such thing as a person with no country. I have studied this briefly about a year ago because I wanted to leave myself and go sailing and living around the world for the rest of my life and leave it all behind. I fought to renounce and they wouldn't permit it because i didn't have a citizenship to another country and getting citizenship somewhere else is hard to do.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Goverment are not your parents , bugg off .I don't like or approve of drug users or prostitutes but you have a valid point ! It is not the Goverments place , it is about time they get taught this !

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

hmmm. to me the good thing about america is that we dont need to feel as though we have to leave if we dont agree....we are free to speak up.

well, I guess that "we" could also exercise our rights by voting, or by campaigning for or against a specific issue, or donating money, or running for a specific office that would be key to our issue.

but i guess whining about something on a conspiracy site about how "america is violating our rights" could work too!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Yea other laws matter but they can't violate the constitution.I shouldn't have to leave because laws are violating the constitution.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

well, I guess that "we" could also exercise our rights by voting, or by campaigning for or against a specific issue, or donating money, or running for a specific office that would be key to our issue.

but i guess whining about something on a conspiracy site about how "america is violating our rights" could work too!

You're right, voting is a prime example of the greatness of this country. Running with your tail between your legs is not.

I know one thing for sure though, discouraging people from speaking their mind is the opposite of what makes this country great.

You sure do seem to have a lot of fun running around challenging people on this board as opposed to adding to any topic.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiesC4
America has violated our rights they put prostitutes in jail and drug users in jail which is against their rights.A prostitute has the right to sale her body for sex.A drug user has the right to use drugs if you are not harming anybody you shouldn't go to jail over it.Now the America I know is fascist.They violate Prisoners rights in the constitution it states that we have the right to bare arms which means weapons and guns but a ex-con isn't allowed to own one.Now don't use the excuse that they lost their rights when they broke the law.Half of the laws we have go against our rights I believe that if you are not harming anybody then you shouldn't be put in jail.Like the law you have to wear your seat belt.You are not harming anybody but yourself.Which you have the right to do.It isn't the governments job to hold our hand.The government isn't here to deal with our problems.

well some drugs are legal in some states (some are becoming legal, gradually), but those laws aren't there, shouldnt be there, because they want to keep something from you, it's to protect the population from ppl who take them and to keep them off streets where children play, prostitution is legal in some states, but again most of us dont want a bunch of hookers walking the streets because prostitution can cause epidemics disease wise. some ppl dont like the idea of letting ex convicts carry around a gun because they have a bad rep, in fact the majority of the ppl dont like that idea, thats why we vote. as for seat belts, i kinda agree with you, how could it possibly hurt you? in fact that law saves lives.

my opinion is that states should have the majority of say in what laws are put into place.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If you're wanting to use drugs and prostitute yourself, you'd love moving to Tijuana.

Mexico.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

Originally posted by zombiesC4

well some drugs are legal in some states (some are becoming legal, gradually), but those laws aren't there, shouldnt be there, because they want to keep something from you, it's to protect the population from ppl who take them and to keep them off streets where children play, prostitution is legal in some states, but again most of us dont want a bunch of hookers walking the streets because prostitution can cause epidemics disease wise. some ppl dont like the idea of letting ex convicts carry around a gun because they have a bad rep, in fact the majority of the ppl dont like that idea, thats why we vote. as for seat belts, i kinda agree with you, how could it possibly hurt you? in fact that law saves lives.

my opinion is that states should have the majority of say in what laws are put into place.

People can't vote away my liberty no matter how stupid they are. "protect the population" is garbage and you know it. It is all because special interests and ignorance that we don't have complete freedom over our body, mind, spirit and PROPERTY. You can't grow hemp...HEMP!
edit on 27-2-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I would suppose the greatest thing about the US is the fact that our constitution provides us ample recourse for encroaching tyranny. the problem is, our system has been bastardized into a "democracy", which allows mob rule. The encroaching tyranny of mob rule is what gives credence to your statement, as shameful as that is.

Our OP here seems to be a young person making his initial forays into concepts of liberty. He seems to be making a decent start, for what that is worth. If a man or woman does not have the freedom to decide what to do with their body, they ARE a slave. This is the whole impetus of the Roe v Wade action. The hypocrisy, then, of outlawing such acts as prostitution represents an obvious tyranny. Drugs, too. Would it also be right to outlaw tattoos, because some people find them offensive? Or facial piercings?

It is far better to tolerate the eccentricities of your neighbor, than to submit to mob rule. The next time, the mob could be coming for you.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

you're right. thats where we have to step up and decide what kind of society we want to live in.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I completely agree with you - if it is not abusing someone elses rights then it should not be a crime.
BUT on the other side..
When you do not wear a belt and you crash - why should someone else have to clean you up?
When you OD in a dark room and are not found for a week - why should someone have to clean you up?
When you prositute yourself and then get gang raped - why should someone have to clean you up?

I do not have the solution - and agree with you that there are too many rules and that people should have the right to do what they want to as long as it doesnt effect others - but sadly in reality as we see in my examples, it does effect others in an indirect way.
edit on 27-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiesC4

Least you changed up the typical whiny "I WANNA DO DRUGS" thread with adding "AND BE WITH HOOKERS!" Nice to have your priorities in life straight eh?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
I completely agree with you - if it is not abusing someone elses rights then it should not be a crime.
BUT on the other side..
When you do not wear a belt and you crash - why should someone else have to clean you up?
When you OD in a dark room and are not found for a week - why should someone have to clean you up?
When you prositute yourself and then get gang raped - why should someone have to clean you up?

I do not have the solution - and agree with you that there are too many rules and that people should have the right to do what they want to as long as it doesnt effect others - but sadly in reality as we see in my examples, it does effect others in an indirect way.
edit on 27-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

No one "has" to clean any of these people up. The people who do, choose their jobs. They choose their career. Why should they choose their job only to use it as leverage to force others to make their job easier?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Yea it is the parents job to keep their children away from drugs not the government.People who have sex with hookers are fully aware that she has a disease.And Laws are not able to violate the constitution like ex-cons having guns.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiesC4

Actually under the 13th Amendment it is completely constitutional for felons to not have guns, and rightly so, if you commit a violent crime why the hell should you have access to tools to commit more violence?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join