It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father forced to beg squatters to get out of his new £1m home through the LETTERBOX!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I second that. And make sure you clean my bathroom as it reeks of piss you scumbaggio. Then I would beat him an in of his life and then let my dog eat his ass. For real. Eat it. Just so the dog remembers his smell you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Someone should stakeout the house of whoever enacted this ridiculous law, then once he/she goes on vacation, just break in, and see how he/she likes it. Then they'll think twice about squatters, and the bill will be done away with in no time.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Still spying on people and playing God jr./15 minute drive-thru psychoanalyst ?

Who cares. If the laws say its not illegal to squat in an abandoned house then just throw them out or tear the house down. What if its freezing cold and thats they only place they can go to get out of the below zero wind chill?

So obey the law and freeze to death or break the law and live. Logic!

Become a landlord and ask them to pay rent. Then evict them for not paying rent.
edit on 28-2-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489
Someone should stakeout the house of whoever enacted this ridiculous law, then once he/she goes on vacation, just break in, and see how he/she likes it. Then they'll think twice about squatters, and the bill will be done away with in no time.

Squatters rights date from the 16th century, it would seem. I am not certain, but I am pretty sude that whoever wrote the law is probably dead by now.

Anyhoo, as for squatters rights, he made the mistake of calling the Police and going to court. Once he reaslised his property was being squated in, he should have just kicked the door in and forcefully evicted them. What they going to do, call the Police? Their own forums say they don't have credit! By the time they've clubbed together 50p for the phone box, them and all their crap would be out on the street.

Wouldn't happen in my house.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by monkofmimir

Im currently working at a drop in for young homeless people and am becoming more concerned about this increase in homelessness. I am seeing important services to the homeless being cut, basically leaving many without any support. I just cant see the general public stepping in to volunteer and replace these services that have been run by trained professionals. Things are going to get a hell of a lot worse for anyone who finds themselves homeless, which seems to be on the increase and although I dont agree in squatting in someones home, desperate times will call for desperate measures by some.

My grandparents my mother, uncles and aunt, squatted in a house when they first migrated to Oz.
they were caught by the owner of the house.
The owner of the house asked my grand parents what they were doing there.
they explained the reasons and the owner gave then a few days to vacate.
My grandparents took care of that place and left it in a better state than it was in when they got there, thats why the owner let them stay for a few days.
But this type of squatter is different. They just want more than shelter, then they go and destroy the squat they piss in.
I lived on the streets too.
It wasnt fun.
But I kept myself respect when i did. And above all i still respected others, Their property.
If the owner of this house had caught me Under his abandoned property, i would of apologized and got the F#$K out.
I would not of stayed and tried using some BS laws.

Like one of the previous posters typed about trying to get them out with a jam / drum session.
I would join him with my triangle and my "peace" whistle. If that dont work then i reckon some tofu might work for these "squatter". If not its Force them Out. Its that simple.
They arent squatters.
Their thugs

edit on 28-2-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

You are describing two different kind of people. Some people run into issues that they cannot not change quickly and get put out of place. They have to deal with that situation and it may take them a short while to do so. In the meantime they make due and once they have recovered they move on. They recover because they have the will to do so. They ahve drive and determination.

Then there are people who constantly make bad life decisions and bounce from poor situation to poor situation. The so called "working poor". They have no intention of ever changing their life and no intention to stop making the poor decisions that got them where they are. They will steal and rob and take whatever they can get away with.

Two different types of people.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If someone did that to my house i would go fetch a jerry can full of fuel.
They would leave very quickly im sure!

edit on 2/3/11 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join