It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why 2012 is a load of bull

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I did not mean you as in a particular person, but you in the sense of a hypothetical person. Clearly, you as in polarwarrior have not exhibited the behavior I was discussing.

The problem is that 2012 is just another heap of suggestions. Oddly enough people think that if the heap is made large enough someone must be correct. Not true when it comes to 2012. The claims or predictions or whatever people want to call them are mostly of:
1. impossible events - new incoming planet, pole shift
2. a few extremely unlikely events - the sun charring the Earth, any evidence of that in 3.8B years, supervolcano erupts
3. a few fairly unlikely events - loss of the power grid, nuclear war, impact from a small NEO
4. things no one can define - consciousness shift
5. some likely events - nothing, war, terrorism, sun dogs, lens flares, new date chosen by the hoaxers

The list of things in the heap is much larger than this of course. There are so many things in the heap and there is evidence for virtual none of these claims.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The sad thing about end of the world prophecies is it reflects that people really want the world to end. I guess I am content with my life, so I cannot imagine looking forward to a date for the world's destruction.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
while i don't believe in the 2012 theory(?), there is one possibility that i wouldnt rule out. the only way that i see it coming to fruition is if it becomes self fulfilling... by that i mean that we have enough people that obviously believe it, and so either intentionally or unintentionally will do things that bring about the right conditions for chaos. i hope that makes sense... i don't believe in cataclysmic changes, or plagues or any hokey kind of things happening, but you can never overlook the human factor, and that is the greatest factor of all

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
2012 is real, and riots will be all over the us after the solar storm hits

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

The point is, it has not even happened yet. Give it a chance to pass & then if nothing happens give them the big "I told you so" .... simple! As it stands both sides are potentially wrong. I personally believe nothing will happen but are waiting just in case something does happen. When nothing does happen I am going to take great pleasure in crucifying the 2012 lovers. It will be on for young and old! but until then my mouth is shut just in case!.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

dude, even if it was going to end......which its NOT, its not less than a year! its at the END of 2012 as in Dec 21, 2012! that would be over a year!

get it right man!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

good point there

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Justinator88

sorry my bad

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

like i said either they cant agree on what will happen or when they do it does not make sense

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MORBlD

Can you tell us about another time in history when solar storms led to rioting? If not, then why now?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join