It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Who Is Going To Shoot Obama?"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Really? Rep. Paul Broun didn't even condemn this question? He didn't confront the person asking the question? No matter your politics, this incident is pretty disturbing to me.

Rep. Broun's passive response clearly states his feelings, in my opinion. Perhaps he will have had time by this posting to re-think what he said, and what he didn't say.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Is there video of this?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
When my father and I watched the election win live on Australian television, the first thing my father said was, "This guy will be shot, you watch."

I tended to agree with him, and I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened already.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII
When my father and I watched the election win live on Australian television, the first thing my father said was, "This guy will be shot, you watch."

I tended to agree with him, and I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened already.

my mom said the exact same ^^. I am sure they will find a crazy iq60 idiot who calls him self republican patriot - who will do that at the end. Teaparty my ass!
edit on 25-2-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Bah! That's why he chose Joe Biden for V.P.... insurance! Some, on the right, may dislike Obama, but they hate the thought of Biden even more.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
That's a really, really good point.

Amusing, but all in all, still a good point.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
And? The guy should be allowed to say whatever he wants.

I don't know why you would, Obama is just a puppet, he has no power, they've got another puppet called Biden ready to replace him.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ANClENT

Not that I am aware of.......but one may appear soon. I would like to see one also.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra

I don't know why you would, Obama is just a puppet, he has no power, they've got another puppet called Biden ready to replace him. [/quote

So you are ok with the whole concept of shootinig Obama? Is that your point? Or am I missing something, other than the person's right to free speech, even though it is hate speech?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This isn't hate speech, it's a thinly veiled threat.
Broun should have pounced on the question and seriously addressed it instead of milking it for laughs.
In a public forum the rules are pretty plain and that question was way out of the park.
Indeed, he should have condemned it and asserted that violence is not the way to get things done or to create change.
The secret service will no doubt be paying that person a visit.

I pray that America is beyond such acts, even the nutjobs.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Add to that, cry baby Boehner, and that pretty much secures Obama and Biden! I can't think of any replacement at the rime that would be any better, either side. I think he Obama is safe.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra

Free speech isn't 100% in the U.S., that's the law and the courts have upheld this in the past. Like the famous "you can't yell 'fire' in a crowded movie theater" example, you also can't make threats, veiled or otherwise, against public officials such as elected representatives, executives (presidents, governors and mayors), or judges. At the very least these things will get you investigated and at worst they can get you thrown in prison.

If anyone working security at that Town Hall meeting got the information on the person who asked that question, you can bet they'll get a visit from the Secret Service.
edit on 2/25/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I swear the trumped up and created drama on reality tv shows has a purpose, and part of it is to continue to weaken common sense thought before people speak, all designed to get a calculated response of either lowered tolerance of wrong, or shock, or a new low of acceptable humor,
crap like this isnt leadership, it isnt humor and it surely isnt near acceptable as intelligence.
It's just more stupid on an already raging burning pile of stupid.

You just cant keep going around talking in circles and talking crap and not expect to incite troubled people to act in troubled ways.

edit on 25-2-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This scenario has gone through everyone's mind whether they want to admit it or not. I can't even imagine the chaos that would ensue if such an incident would happen. If he continues performing his job like a good little puppet, then he should remain safe. Otherwise, he is disposable.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I view the fact that no one has even tried. As more evidence against the elites over used lone gunman patsies.
So friggen obvious the lone gunman is always just a patsy. Even in the case of John Lennon. When our govt/elites want you gone ? You will be gone.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

edit on 2/25/2011 by centurion1211 because: Changed my mind about even getting involved with this ridiculous thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Somebody tossed a grenade at Bush and nobody seemed to care.

I guess to get at Obama you'll have to either scout out his next taxpayer vacation spot or be invited to one of his shindigs at the White House.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

WOW @ the ignorance shoot em huh.. Oh but to behave in the same way on a much more destructive scale that same individual would call another evol. Thank GOD this ignorance is on its way up outta here.

the ignorance, shoot-- Great

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join