It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC police reassign Tulsa police captain for not submitting to muslim dhimmitude

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by windword

How do you come to the conclusion he's a bigot? He wasn't ignoring the protection of anybody in the community. Educated in their culture?? This is the US. They should become educated with our culture. They don't like it they can leave at their leisure.

Wow, I don't even know what to say to that. What is OUR culture? Have you ever eaten chineese food? Listened to latino music. Attended the Russian Ballet. How about St Patrick's Day, or etc, etc, etc. America is a melting pot of culture and lifestyles. That's what makes us great.

Even Alexander the Great allowed a conquered people to keep their religion and culture. They just had to pay taxes to Rome.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

LOL islamophobia. Do you work for CAIR or something?

What crime was being prevented that he didn't go stop? Your claims are asinine.

WHAT IF there was a crime being committed, would he do his job and go into the mosque to stop the perpetrator? No, it is against his religion! He shouldn't be in that job. He cannot serve and protect because of his religion.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Wow- try to come down from Planet Liberal for a minute and actually try to understand the point of this thread.
No one is being ORDERED to eat Chinese food.No one is being ORDERED to go to a Russian ballet.
This officer was ORDERED to attend a speech at a religious building- can't you see the difference??

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

WHAT IF there was a crime being committed, would he do his job and go into the mosque to stop the perpetrator? No, it is against his religion! He shouldn't be in that job. He cannot serve and protect because of his religion.

Obviously if a crime was being committed he would respond to the Mosque-because that is HIS JOB.
I'm guessing you are very young, purposely refusing to be rational, or just plain trolling.You're points are irrational and not looking at the situation as it really is-only how you WANT to see it....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Obviously if a crime was being committed he would respond to the Mosque-because that is HIS JOB.
I'm guessing you are very young, purposely refusing to be rational, or just plain trolling.You're points are irrational and not looking at the situation as it really is-only how you WANT to see it....

It is not obvious that he would go into the mosque in order to stop a crime. If he wouldn't go for an event planned in their own honor, which WAS his job to attend. He wouldn't go in there to stop a crime.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

close, alex was greek, not romean,
little kidding.

he was ordered to order his men to attend.

if they said, send a detail or ask for volunteers to attend, i think he would have no problem.

the uppers is the problem.

btw, the people get all pissed off they didn't show?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Even Alexander the Great allowed a conquered people to keep their religion and culture. They just had to pay taxes to Rome.

I don't grasp how this pertains to the dicussion. Please elaborate.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I stand corrected.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Holdthe beans implied that muslims should abandon their culture and embrace America's cuture or go home. Ergo, Alexander the Great.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Okay how about this- provide me with some evidence that these cops are also being ordered to attend events at Jewish,Buddhist,Satanist,Atheist,Jehovah's Witness,Morman,Lutheran,etc etc etc buildings and I might change my attitude about this story-but I doubt you can....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

no prob! just a little jesting, i knew what you meant.

but back ot, these guys must have better/more important, things to do?

if it was so important, the boss should have went himself!

pull some officers off the street? that a real good idea, just for a promo?

maybe it was his first day off in a month, who knows?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Why is having faith, that may disagree with someone else’s belief is bigoted? Would you attend an event to honor you if it was held by say the Westboro Baptist? There was nothing there to state it was an order, even in the article, it was left up to the officers to attend, not made to be mandatory, and it should not be forced. Tolerance has to be a two way street, and the only people who seems to be doing the complaining is the Islamic community, cause the captain found that the location of the event, and the planned activities to be offensive to him, and his belief. If the activities were not to include a discussion of beliefs, or where people could observe the prayers, or the location was not at a mosque, then it would be a controversy. However, it was stated in the fliers, that there would be discussions on beliefs, and for those who wished to watch, to see the prayers, it could be construed as that community wanted to force their belief of Islam on the officers who attended the event. If this was to be an appreciation of the work the police were doing, then it should have been, just that, an event to show thanks to the police department and a discussion on how they can work together to keep the community safe. Religion or beliefs would not have been mentioned at all. That says nothing that states it is bigoted or even to suggest that of an Islam phobia, what so ever. He is stating his reason of not issuing the order, that he was told to do. He checked with legal counsel, and it was under a legal opinion that it would not be lawful for him to be forced to attend, or order anything of that nature on his officers. According to all documentation, it is stated that he did indeed let his officers know about the event, and there was an RSVP. As no one from the police department or the shifts responded, then it became an order to force officers to attend. There is nothing in the law that would state that a person has to attend any sort of event in their honor. While it would have been nice to have one person attend from those that patrol, the reality is, they are under no obligations to do such, if it would violate their conscious, and this could lead to problems in the future it will strain relations between the Islamic community and the police department.
It is against the law to force a person to attend any event, without paying them, and if they have worked 40 hours, then a person can refuse to do the overtime. As this was not job related, and had no bearing on the work that the officers do, then the way it was handled was wrong, on both sides. It was wrong on the part of the Islamic community to use the setting and what all they planned to have the police there, and wrong for the police to force people to be there, when they did not want to be there at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

"However, Chief Daryl Webster responded with an interoffice correspondence that it was a community outreach operation, which is a function of community policing, which is as much a part of police work as responding to calls.

Webster noted that officers have been assigned to similar outreach events at the Jewish Community Center, churches in north Tulsa to reach out to African American citizens and churches in east Tulsa to reach out to Hispanic residents. He said officers have even given protection to members of the Westboro Church who protest at soldiers' funerals." Newson6 Tulsa

Ok? They have been ordered to attend other similar events, without protest. The mosque was the first time this officer had a problem, and has filed suit.

And from the OP's article link;

Hooper said he was satisfied with the way the police department handled the matter but said the incident signals a bigger issue.

“When somebody feels empowered to say ‘I’m not going to take part in a community outreach event at a mosque because I basically don’t like Muslims,’ it’s all part of that rise in Islamophobia in our society,” he said.

Gary Allison, a professor at the University of Tulsa College of Law, said the case poses a dilemma.

“It is true that individuals have their own religious beliefs and that they come to their workplace with their own religious beliefs,” Allison said. “The question is, how far can an employer go to require people to go against their religious beliefs for something to do the job that they are supposed to do?”

His religious beliefs prevented him from doing something he was supposed to do.

edit on 24-2-2011 by windword because: oops

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

that reminds me of the check-out people who didn't want to

handle pork products.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

“When somebody feels empowered to say ‘I’m not going to take part in a community outreach event at a mosque because I basically don’t like Muslims,’

But that's not a quote from the officer, that's a Muslim guy from CAIR putting words in his mouth and saying that....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by windword

And they had a presentation on beliefs and a prayer service while you voted?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

True that! But the officer did say that to entering the mosque was against his religion. What religion is that? Where is it in the Bible, Talmud, Book of Urantia, Veta's, etc etc, say don't enter a mosque?

Me thinks the cap't doth protest too much! Looks like bigotry to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
...reassignment isnt good enough... that cop should be fired for refusing to follow orders... he's just like the military officer who used the exact same bs whine because he refused to follow the order to instruct his subordinates to attend a program designed to instill tolerance of homosexual soldiers...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Again, it was an outreach event. Watching a group pray could be informational and an aid in breaking down the walls of ignorance. He will see that after their prayers, satan doesn't appear, and the tour begins.

I bet a lot of police events begin with a prayer. Why should their prayers or beliefs be offensive. He doesn't have to convert, but as a police officer it is good to know the reason why a certain part of the community behaves a certain (law abiding) way. Get to know their leaders, the kids and the parents. It's a good thing, no?
edit on 24-2-2011 by windword because: oops

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I'm so disgusted by lack of support by the whole Police Dept in Oklahoma not coming out in support of Captain Fields. Strike if they have to.

Every American should petition the the Oklahoma Governor or write letters to him in support of the captain.

Do it now, support your fellow police officer and brother!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join