It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC police reassign Tulsa police captain for not submitting to muslim dhimmitude

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I don't know where you get bigot from my response. I guess that is all you have left when you can't create a cognitive argument.

The fact that you are defending this LEO and not seeing that his actions are bigotted and then & I quote "This is the US. They should become educated with our culture. They don't like it they can leave at their leisure. " screams to me that you're a covert bigot. Also you do realise that Islam is a religion, there are plenty of American born and bred Muslims who are educated in both cultures, pretty sorry state of affairs when a LEO can't do the same.

You asked someone earlier why the LEO's actions are classed as bigotted when it's plainly obvious what is so bigotted about his behaviour. His religion does not forbid him from entering a mosque but he is using his freedom of religion to make this stance probably because he doesn't like Muslims.

Happy?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by windword

Did you know that if you are not a Muslim you can't even go and look at Mecca? They actually have signs on the highway diverting you around it if you are not Muslim-so tell me who the racists and bigots are again?

This is true. Did you know that if you're not a Mormon, you can't enter the Morman Tabernacle? And, who can enter the Holy of Holy's, in a Temple? Also, there are places in the Vatican that are so secretive that, well, you know.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So now I'm a covert bigot. Gotcha. It appears one of you appeaser's "peaceful Muslims" got caught trying to blow up folks yet again down in Texas. Oops that makes me a bigot. LOL

You live in some bubble where you think if anybody disagree's with you they are a bigot. I get it. I don't like Obama either so I'm a bigot or better yet a racist right? How does me saying muslims should conform to the US make me a bigot? If I move to another country I would conform to their society and not run around calling everyone bigots like a fool. Hell if I moved to one of your revered muslim society's I'd conform or be jailed or killed. Take your bigot crap to the gutter.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Do you have a source saying that it wasnt part of a normal patrol? Everything I read is very ambiguous.

I think its less about a "neutral" setting and more about disobeying orders while on the payroll when its directly related to a person's prejudices. If he refused an order to attend an event held by Blacks, Hispanics or Jews; he would have been fired.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Of course the man's a bigot.

He refused to do something on the basis of his personal religious bias.

I'd say that a serving police officer with that kind of bias has no place in his job, because if he refuses to be engaged in a community issue over something so petty, how can the community have any kind of faith in him as a fair and unbiased law enforcement officer?

He's already shown personal prejudice.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
a police department should be educated as to the culture of the people they serve

How about the muslims be educated about the customs of the country they live in?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

What customs would those be? What are "Americian" cultural customs, what is "OUR" culture? Like eating ham on Easter, or babtism at birth. Or are we talking baseball and apple pie? What is it they should learn, that muslums and there families they haven't yet assimilated?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by dereks

What customs would those be? What are "Americian" cultural customs, what is "OUR" culture? Like eating ham on Easter, or babtism at birth. Or are we talking baseball and apple pie? What is it they should learn, that muslums and there families they haven't yet assimilated?

Maybe the first one they should learn is that honor killings are not allowed.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

What customs would those be?

That men and women are equal, women are not property, women are not forced to cover their head etc

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Ok, I'll give you that. But things take time. Women weren't legally equal to their husbands here in America till the late 1950s. Women who complained about their station were diagnosed with "house wife" syndrom, and many put away in institution.

A man could legally beat his wife. If a man wanted to move to another state and his wife wanted to stay, he could divorce her for abandonment and take their children, and propbably put her in an institution. We have come a long way, and yet we still have far to go. Patience.........

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There is more documentation on this issue and the series of events that led up to this.
In short the Captain who is at the center of the issue, is a decorated officer, with a lot of commendations for service, with no disciplinary actions in his file.
The facts are as follows:
1) The Islamic Society of Tulsa, invited Tulsa officers to attend a law enforcement appreciation day on March 4, 2011. It was a voluntary event, with no orders initially for any officer to attend.
2) According to memos, this was originally voluntary to attend, but because of a lack of officers signing up, the deputy chief sent a memo stating that each patrol division would send officers to the event.
3) The basis of the event, according to the flier, was to be held in a Mosque, a place of worship, and for a tour, as well as, a discussion on belief, human rights, and women, along with food, drink, and a chance to observe noon day prayers. There was no mention, beyond that this was for Law Enforcement Appreciation of anything that would require the police to be present.
4) The Captain, a 16 year veteran of the police force, consulted with a lawyer before responding to the memo, stating that he felt it was wrong and in violation of his and the officers under him, their civil rights to be forced to attend this event, where it was located at. In the past, all invitations to these kinds of functions both religious and non religious institutions were always voluntary in nature.
5) An argument came about between the captain and the deputy chief of police as to the nature of this event, with the function being that of community policing, which is a part of the job. And in the past officers have been assigned to similar events.
6) Based off of a memo and a reassignment, it looks like a case of retaliation against the captain, by the chief of police in Tulsa.
This should have never gone to that point, and such is neither bigoted or bias, rather the officers made a person choice. Under what has been posted, then it could be construed, as non of the other officers choose to go in the first place, they too are bigoted, and bias against those who follow Islamic faith? Is it fair to force people to go to an event that they do not want to? And if this event was to appreciate the police, where was the events or the things that would be for the police? There was nothing in the flier that would indicate such, rather it was an event, that was just for the Islamic community.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join