It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control freak's in america make me sick.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

In every orchard there are always going to be a few rotten apples. That's just the way it is. You can learn alot about a person by the threads he/she starts. Whether they are news hounds who write quick stories about the latest events to be first so they can just score some points. Or the guys/gals who only rant. Or the people that are just here to make fun of everyone else. The guys/gals, who are here to whine about everything. This site is just a microcosm of the rest of the US, and or world.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
reply to post by hawaii50th

It was not my intention to destroy your hope. There is definitely hope for relative peace and tranquility, as we have seen in America for many years now. But this relative peace and tranquility comes not from the flawed logic of “Let’s all get along”. Our relative peace and tranquility comes through unity and strength. It is that we understand and accept fundamentally the truths that I previously described and do something about it.

Our way of life was granted to us by three things, freedom, Christian morality and laws, and military strength. These are where we have come from and where we must remain in order to avoid conflict and enjoy a relative peace. It is not that we ignore the truths of life, it is that we remain united against our aggressors and not lose focus upon these truths of life. This is why I have repeated them here, because many are choosing to state that they do not exist and are splitting into the factions of disunity that will enable our unified enemies to destroy us
It is not that you stand upon the side and say, “Just don’t bother me.” That is the fool’s way that always leads to utter doom. It is that you stand for what you believe and unite with others of your beliefs and not lose sight of responsibilities of our nation and its freedoms and relative tranquility. You must stand up for what is right.

If you smoke, stop. Do not justify your wrongs and claim to be good parents and stewards of home and country by being excusive and belligerent. If you are Christian than stand for Christianity and do not say it is not my problem to confront other ideologies and those who want to promote them. Your belief that nothing matters so long as it does not affect you is precisely the philosophy that will enable everyone else to seize control of the position of policy that you have vacated and the results of which will affect you down the hundredth generation.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Hot_Wings because: (no reason given)

The problem is though, the part when it comes to Christian morality and laws, mostly everyone, at least it seems, totally reject those values. Instead they want to use those two values as the problem and blame it for everyone's troubles, especially Christian values. Majority of people make the mistake of confusing man made religion with Christianity. They also make the mistake of putting men and women that lead in that belief on pedestals, forgetting that they are human like everybody else and can screw up or get corrupted. So they end up judging the belief system rather than the guilty person or people. It's the same for capitalism, it does and can work, it's the person or people that screw things up with their ego, greed, pride, and jealousies.
Until humankind can rid themselves of their weaknesses call it sinful nature to sum it all up, we will never have a healthy minded and healthy attitude in all society, and that goes for anywhere in the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
I would have thought ATS a conspiracy site would not have them considering there afraid to fart for fear the government will eat them alive.

Yet they come to ATS acting like a concerned citizen..
Saying..NO..Spewing hatred and Discontent toward HUMAN BEING'S..
LIKE...
smoker's should be tried for unfit parent's.
fat people should loose the right to healthcare
drunk's are not people but a shell and not worth pity.

All of the thread's you know well if not just do a search.

My point is all this controlling is not from the mind of a conspiracy theorist's mind.
Conspiracy theorist's do not want the government to take away your right's now do they?
Heck NO they don't...they fear it more than anything...

Yet A new group of people are trying to get fuel to there agenda..DO NOT fall for it folk's be smarter.

Even if smoking is nasty to you..it is there right to smoke.
just like if fat people make you sick ...it's there right to eat all they want as they can afford.
and same goes for the drunk.
and so on and so on.

These SO CALLED member's on ATS are baiting you for there agenda.

Do you guy's not understand...
You take away a smoker's right's claim there unfit parent's...
Next you opened a doorway for far more implication's...and the government will use the chance.

Remember folk's stop trying to control anyone.
The Shyt is not right period!

you make some really good points. I salute you sir.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am tired of all these CONTROLL FREAKS.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING about them.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I almost spewed my soda out of my mouth when a military member told me he got in trouble for having an airsoft toy gun in his barracks room. Shoots a plastic ball. Couldn't hurt a fly.

I used to have a bow and arrow on my barracks wall with broadheads on it. I didn't give a crap. If they didn't want my labor, send me home. I've got better things to do.

Atleast if the chinese storm our military bases they won't find any airsoft toy guns in any military barracks...ha ha ha ha!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Pefectly written!! It's happening everywhere.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The fact that the premis focuses on Americans tells me you are still lost in the illusion of nationalities and that such means something.

You are demonstrating the singular and most illusury lie we (all peoples) have lived and unfortunately died for. In truth many cultures exist within the pre-civilized world. We know that truly we all live or die together. Not so clear to us 100 years ago.

Please stop perpetuating the lie we are different from each other. Such polarity will doom us all. When you actually see a line demarking the earth into sections, let us know. Then we can commit you to an insane asylum. But for now know you are thinking like the weapons manufacturers and polarizing multinational entities that make money and power when they keep us apart.

Truth is, we are one.

ATS is an american invention. It is natural most members are in the US. But if you would see the real statistics you would see everyone is essentually the same. The color of their concerns are different, their culture, and environment are also maybe different. But prejudice for such is just myopia.

Remember also, the United States was stolen by multinational corporations that control govermen, media and everything from food and products to how we teach our children. They love war. Very profitable. They are now using (hijackimg) our country to make profits with our military and policies they pay for by giving money to politicians and programs that support their taking of resouces from other countries. Maybe even yours.

Do you see the same in many other couuntries? They have control over how you think too my friend.
So, rethink your idea. Engage compassion. See through the dark curtain of illusion. We have always been one.

ZG

They want you to hate. They want you to feel threatened. Its just good Buisiness. For them.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If control freaks make you sick, here watch this and it could just make you throw up.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I look beyond the grammatical and spelling errors in the OP and I see their point.

I smoke and drink on occasion. I am not a parent; I do share a home with a non-smoker. When I smoke, I smoke outside away from non-smokers and kids. When I drink, I don't get in the car and drive. I do these things so that I do not offend or possibly endanger others. I keep it as my business or the business of those who want to indulge in these things.

I would not smoke or drink if I was pregnant. I would like to have a healthy child sometime if TS does not HTF before I'm ready.

I believe these things to be a sensible course of action.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

If people would mind their own damn business, everyone would be better for it.

S&F

I honestly believe that this line right here is the root of all evil. SO SO true. People feel that they should encourage gossip and moral chit chattery. Thats BS, all it does is perpetuate unesseccary primal bias that leads us in the wrong direction as people.
In other words, stop being interested in gossip and using other peoples misery to make yourself feel better. There is no room in this world for one adult to sit around making judments bout another adult and discussing it for "entertainment" or "state of the union" addresses. All this gossip only serves to stoke some fires... thats all

If there is one thing we should be on each other backs about as adults in terms of morality, its to remind each other to mind your own damned business!
edit on 24-2-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanterZ

Originally posted by TheAmused

smoker's should be tried for unfit parent's.
fat people should loose the right to healthcare
drunk's are not people but a shell and not worth pity.

I'm sorry, I know this if off topic, but allow me to rant. Since when is everyone using apostrophes to make things plural? That really doesn't belong there. Smoker - Smokers, not "Smoker is", which is what smoker's is.

I don't understand how so much of the internet can follow this trend so quickly. Guys, to make a noun plural, just add an s. No need for an apostrophe.

BTW, I agree with you. S&F
edit on 21-2-2011 by PlanterZ because: (no reason given)

Seconded and thirded and fourthed!
When I saw the thread title I screamed! Plurals don't take apostrophes, numbnuts! (I am an ESOL teacher and it drives me up the wall trying to explain plural use to Asian people when they see native speakers doing it wrong.
Is it an American thing? (I see only Americans doing it.)
Vicky

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

[color=deeppink]
Very true. I have a hard time understanding why some people have such a hard time with that.

If someone is being beaten, robbed, abused, raped, mugged, neglected, held against their will, etc... Then yes, you should speak up.

What's sad is that many times the above mentioned things are ignored, and things that really don't matter are things that people want to get involved in.

edit on 24-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
are u frikkin #tin me? 2 wrongs don't make a right?

walking along a road with mucho cars is better?

The fact that cars give off emissions that are potentially hazardous to someone's health does not in any way justify another activity that lets off similarly harmful fumes.

It is a fallacious line of argument to attempt to validate one negative action by comparing it to another; even more so when you are not comparing two like for like activities.

Cars and buses serve a useful practical purpose, whereas smoking only serves as a source of gratification for the user.

And while people should certainly cut down on needless car journeys, there are still a range of benefits to society that car and bus travel has to offer. There is absolutely no benefit to society that is achieved by people smoking in public.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I'm not a pro smoker, i don't smoke, have never smoked and i don't think people should.

Perhaps I should have phrased that as: ''this regular line of argument from those who support someone's right to smoke in public.''

No but it is merely one example, i can give you a number of others which eventually lead to harm to other people. Consider obesity, the amount of money spent on people who are obese cuts money from other essential health services and impacts everyone in society. Does this mean we should tax fat people?

The link you make between obesity and the impact on other health services is not a direct cause/effect link, and is also open to debate and interpretation.

Obese people, like smokers, tend to have higher incidences of early death, thereby also saving money on the health services that would be provided to them if they had lived a healthier lifestyle.

Whether this cancels out the amount that's spent on people who are obese, I don't know.

I think that fat people should be indirectly taxed by the introduction of tax on unhealthy and fattening foods.

I would argue cigarrettes have a practical benefit. Firstly they raise taxes which can be spent in other areas, smokers will often pay double the healthcare costs they use. Secondly it does appear smokers are people who need something to relax them, they are basically self medicating, just like alcoholics.

And generally they do keep it to themselves, you are correct it is about self gratification but it's also self medication. Some people meditate (like me) others smoke.

Yes, but all of the above stands whether they are allowed to smoke in public or not.

Taxes will still be raised by people buying them, and people can still use them as stress-relief or as some kind of a relaxant, even if they are not permitted to smoke in public.

That is generally how it goes in the UK as well. Occasionally you walk past someone in the street but it's maybe twice a day for me, i somehow doubt it's impacting my health.

Really ? Twice a day ? Do you live in a big city ?

When I'm in my city centre, there are dozens of people smoking over a short space of time, walking down the street or outside the entrance to buildings.. While I'm aware that I'm not going to inhale everybody's smoke, it is perfectly common for me get 4-5 daily ''up close and personal'' intakes of someone else's smoke.

I knew we could agree on something somewhere

It's not to find agreement if we really try.

It's just that those things that people disagree on tend to make more compelling and interesting debates.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Perhaps I should have phrased that as: ''this regular line of argument from those who support someone's right to smoke in public.''

Fair enough
Just remember not everyone supporting smokers rights is a smoker or former smoker.

The link you make between obesity and the impact on other health services is not a direct cause/effect link, and is also open to debate and interpretation.

Actually it is a direct link because the NHs is now buying ambulances specifically for obese patients, this money comes from the tax payer and so affects everyone because of individuals abusing food.

Obese people, like smokers, tend to have higher incidences of early death, thereby also saving money on the health services that would be provided to them if they had lived a healthier lifestyle.

Whether this cancels out the amount that's spent on people who are obese, I don't know.

I think that fat people should be indirectly taxed by the introduction of tax on unhealthy and fattening foods.

Well i agree on the taxing of certain foods.

Yes, but all of the above stands whether they are allowed to smoke in public or not.

Taxes will still be raised by people buying them, and people can still use them as stress-relief or as some kind of a relaxant, even if they are not permitted to smoke in public.

Well not quite. If a smoker is at work and needs to smoke they can't exactly head home to do so, without their fix they get uptight and angry, So being able to smoke in public prevents this and as stated i believe smokers are simply self medicating, like alcoholics so it needs to be tolerated while we try and get them onto something healthier.

Really ? Twice a day ? Do you live in a big city ?

When I'm in my city centre, there are dozens of people smoking over a short space of time, walking down the street or outside the entrance to buildings.. While I'm aware that I'm not going to inhale everybody's smoke, it is perfectly common for me get 4-5 daily ''up close and personal'' intakes of someone else's smoke.

No actually i live in a medium sized town so i suppose i'm not confronted with it on the street as much as yourself. I can often walk through the local shopping centre without seeing a single smoker, other days it's one or two.

I somehow doubt 4-5 daily exposures is going to do you much harm, especially in the open air where most of it is dispersed and you're basically just grabbing some of the smell. I'm fine with banning it in enclosed spaces because staff could get harmful exposure, but not public spaces. And as stated i think the bans in private businesses should have been down to the owners instead of the government.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sweet Lapdancing Jesus, somebody call a friggin' Whaaaaambulance... Like everyone of you have NEVER expressed you own opinion here... Get a freakin' grip on yourselves... This thread is drowning in hypocrisy and self absortion...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
daryllyn said:

If someone is being beaten, robbed, abused, raped, mugged, neglected, held against their will, etc... Then yes, you should speak up. What's sad is that many times the above mentioned things are ignored, and things that really don't matter are things that people want to get involved in.

This has been my supposition as well daryllyn, ...while we are focusing on shiny bobbles or the ridiculous bogey men, they are walking out the back door with our houses, our children's future's and our dreams.

I read google news everyday.

They found the person who dismembered the crippled ten year old, and the parent who killed his three sons, but, we are no closer to finding the boy in Washington who disappeared off of school grounds and the parents of the four year old who beat her to death who are in holding jail since the neighbors did not know that they had a child. The woman who seat belted her children into their child "safety" seats and then neutraled them into a river where they drowned, is in jail, eating three meals and sleeping well on our bill...and what are we talking about...

.....second hand smoke, legal drugs and fast food.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
daryllyn said:

If someone is being beaten, robbed, abused, raped, mugged, neglected, held against their will, etc... Then yes, you should speak up. What's sad is that many times the above mentioned things are ignored, and things that really don't matter are things that people want to get involved in.

This has been my supposition as well daryllyn, ...while we are focusing on shiny bobbles or the ridiculous bogey men, they are walking out the back door with our houses, our children's future's and our dreams.

I read google news everyday.

They found the person who dismembered the crippled ten year old, and the parent who killed his three sons, but, we are no closer to finding the boy in Washington who disappeared off of school grounds and the parents of the four year old who beat her to death who are in holding jail since the neighbors did not know that they had a child. The woman who seat belted her children into their child "safety" seats and then neutraled them into a river where they drowned, is in jail, eating three meals and sleeping well on our bill...and what are we talking about...

.....second hand smoke, legal drugs and fast food.

[color=deepskyblue]I agree completely.

Law abiding citizens are wondering how they will feed their children and where they will go when their foreclosure is finalized and we have criminals getting three hot meals a day with an indefinite roof over their heads.

Seems a little backwards, amirite?

Meanwhile, they (the gov't, tptb, or whatever) have everyone so busy worrying about where their next meal, paycheck and (insert bill) money will come from, that they don't have the time or energy to pay attention to what is really going on in the world.

The state of things is so incredibly awful and I don't personally see any good changes on the horizon.

edit on 24-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

If you were married you wouldn't mind so much. You'd be used to it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I know, right? Like how those jerks at the EPA want to CONTROL how much sewage gets dumped in the river, or how many watersheds get destroyed by mountain top removal!

They just want to CONTROL everything.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join