It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another large quake hits Christchurch New Zealand

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Heh im still trying to figure out just how much volume that amount of ice is visually after seeing that pop up on the bottom of TV1s news coverage... I mean 30 million is a hell of a lot.

Also, im wondering who the dead were they pulled from the YHA building in Sumner(?) that got smashed by that huge boulder of earth when the cliff behind it came down, being a youth hostel it could well have had young oversea tourists and backpackers in it.

Someone or some poor family overseas might be in for some bad news in the next few days

edit on 22-2-2011 by BigfootNZ because: Hmmm

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
200 - 400 dead.

The whole world is helping, but what can you do?

So many people dead.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

the amount in litres is roughly approx 27,215,542,200L of freash water
the ice shared of from an after shock that shook the glacier
its hard to imagine how big a chunck of ice that is
but its amazing the boats were unharmed

xp

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Kia Ora Iron Clad ! Not good enough bro , those comments u made were an insensitive analogy of YOUR speculation on the situation in Christchurch , and was quite frankly very incompassionate ! To think your comments were to bring a lighter more positive spin of this level 3 catastrophy, by saying , 'It could of been worse ' It could of struck the west coast ! just to get a reaction (in which you knew you would ) ,
Then after the response ,you state a more acceptable rounded statement by saying its 'Only the beginning' for Australia and that Australia has suffered as well !
Why didnt you show your wisdom and maturity in your first post , why bait people into thinking your stupid only to show you are smart , now your on the defensive trying to prove your innocence about what you wrote (1st Post),as to what you really meant (2nd Post) .
Ive been noticing a Trend on ATS where alot of People are doing this , make 1 ridiculous statement,
Then back it up with 10 Posts with a bit of common sense ? Attention is what most of these people want ,
But their are multiple deaths in N.Z , including a reports of 2 Buses totally crushed !
BTW im in townsville , we just had the biggest cyclone in modern history (Yasi) swing by for one violent visit ,
We are all in this together people ! From Egypt to Wisconsin to Queensland to Bahrain , You Name it !
MY STATEMENT IS THAT WE ARE ALL UNDER ATTACK IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER !
Be it nature , War , Disease , Food shortage , Looks like the whole world has something in common ...

And it aint good .

What to do? , Be safe Christchuch (..um..world )

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Do you have a source? Last update afew minutes ago was 65 dead

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
civil defence nz website for info on what to do if effected
civil defence nz website .GOV

xploder

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
All my prayers and thoughts are with Chch at this time. Still waiting to find out if all my mates are safe.

You are strong New Zealand, we'll get through this

Kia Kaha!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 88solarman88

Hi solar,

Animals know things we humans don't - but why would animals commit suicide?

They don't need to, so why do they?

A really interesting fact.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Im from Kaiapoi. Just about 20 minutes from Christchurch. We have just finally got hold of all our family around the city. They are all well. Thank god. Lets just pray for those that are trapped over night in buildings. Its now raining. After all our quakes since september 4th, we are all very jumpy. Kids are very scared. Everytime a car gos past they cry. I hope it dosent affectt them on going...

link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Hi blue,

One News said that.

I am useless on sources.

link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

65 confirmed; I think you meant to say 200-400 is expected.
edit on 22-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

link   
Spaznotz and other ATS' ers who believe and follow Ron Weinland, believe the Christchurch earthquake occurred wholly and soley because they prayed for it to happen after Ron Weinland asked his followers to pray for MORE destruction...

It's true, it's all in black and white elsewhere and on ATS.

Ron Weinlands cult believers were asked to PRAY that more destruction would occur on the earth to prove Ron right that he's a prophet and all he says will come true. For those who have never followed this guys comedic stance in the last two years it's well worth the entertainment until you get stuff like this occurring which shows they are not only nuts but completely evil.

edit on 22-2-2011 by daggyz because: spelling

edit on 22-2-2011 by daggyz because: more spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I wish i knew more about earthquakes. Can anyone tell me why this is labelled an aftershock of septembers 7.1 and not a whole new earthquake?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
There are a couple of born again Christians on this thread.......PLEASE.....we don't need bible lectures right now so take it elsewhere as its inappropriate.

There are many still caught inside buildings and under rubble so prayers only please

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by KiwiSoul

Hey Kiwi.....they claim it's an aftershock but in my opinion this IS an earthquake

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Well, crap to that man,

May he live a life he has wished on others.

Also,he has no control over himself or of what happens in the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

yes, I whole heartedly agree with you. and anyway regardless of what they call it, It has caused so much damage and ruin, and my heart goes out to anyone affected.

I was just wondering about the terminology of it, thats all. why are they claiming its an aftershock? Im sure they have some criteria to call it that - was jsut wondering what that criteria was.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You know what...I don't think they really know.

I'm also getting frustrated.....we have plenty of military in Trenthan and Auckland that could be useful in search and rescue.....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Cheers EP,

recent new's updates are 6 major S&R operations underway and the rain is coming down,
2 people are confirmed still traped in the press building, down at the CCTV building theres apparntly
voices still being heard in the rubble..
Also alot of people heading South tonight to 'escape' hope everyones safe on the road tonight!
edit on 22-2-2011 by paine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
200 - 400 dead.

The whole world is helping, but what can you do?

So many people dead.

Ummm careful, that number is only an estimate from a source that TV3 was using, they say its reliable but it is still just an estimate... and therefore shouldn't be quoted as truth.

We just gotta wait for the morning and any new announcements first before we can know for certain just how many, although looking at the footage from the CTV building id say it'll be alot higher than 65 in the end, given the 1931 Napier Earthquake was around 256 people dead, this could indeed become the worst earthquake we've ever had. Black day indeed...

That handful of Japanese language students in the CTV building will be counting themselves damn lucky to walk out of that place barely scratched, hopefully they can get the others who are alive and left inside out along with as many others as they can.

Originally posted by bluemirage5

You know what...I don't think they really know.

I'm also getting frustrated.....we have plenty of military in Trenthan and Auckland that could be useful in search and rescue.....

They have a large number of army and navy personal down there doing all that already in Lyttelton from what I understand, with enough to rotate shifts from what I can remember them mentioning.

Think ill finish up sitting in front of the TV and get some sleep, TV3 restarts its coverage at 6am tomorrow... heres hoping the news from overnight is not as bad as we all are no doubt fearing.

edit on 22-2-2011 by BigfootNZ because: Hmmmm

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join