It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX – Disk Shape UFO Clearly Examining Hubble

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Bingo........... looks exact to the the"UFO" thnx for post.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Biggest NASA Cover Up Ever – Disk Shape UFO Clearly Examining Hubble

Why are people allowed to get away with thread titles like this? The only word in that sentence that's truthful is Hubble. A brief bit of research, a look at a hi-res version of the photo and it obvious that it's a reflection. Do some work before posting; it's laziness at best, and deception at worst.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It definitely looks like a reflection, but you would think it important to know exactly how this particular reflection was enabled since it is showing a kind of negative image, maybe that's why it's archived. It's a bit like the box camera effect.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've seen this effect much better with a slatted venetian blind in a bedroom on a second story, with a moving picture of a passing bus projected on the ceiling.
edit on 20-2-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Yes, I do agree it's very coincidentally the same size (or seemingly so) but what is it reflecting off of?

I am not saying this isn't a cover but can someone explain to me how a reflection works in deep space when there is no background or substance to it?

Yes, the photo was taken from behind a window on the shuttle. Simple as that. Why could you not figure that out? This is beyond a doubt, reasonable or otherwise, a reflection. Why are you trying to argue otherwise?
edit on 20-2-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

First off, I am NOT arguing. I am trying to understand.
MAJOR difference my friend.

I do not nor did not know this was taken from behind a window. How, why and when would I have learned that?

I make threads.
I inquire
I often have strong opinions except this one, I didn't. I was simply putting it out there to have someone explain it.
Although the 'title', the 'video' and the voice might be misleading, they are NOT mine.

ATS wants us to use the exact titles so that's what I did.

Don't accuse. Just explain
Peace~
edit on 20-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Heres the same reflection that I overlaid back onto the craft in Photoshop.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c303e58870b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 20-2-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Who is this ozzie man that thinks he has found 'the' holy grail.
At the beggining of the vid he said hello to everyone and his subscribers!
Please tell me that no one pays this man to listen to his findings.
Its obvious to see that its a lens cap.Anyway, i do believe in e.t.'s. I dont really need any evidance to convince of something that i know to be sure. Its very annoying to see these attention seekers trying there hardest to produce pathetic bits of laughable 'evidance' from a file within a file within a file. PLEASE!!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I do not nor did not know this was taken from behind a window. How, why and when would I have learned that?

The same way the rest of us did?

ATS wants us to use the exact titles so that's what I did.

to be fair this bit of the title is sensationalist 'Biggest NASA Cover Up Ever ' and misleading

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Clearly, it is a reflection as has been pointed out by several folks.

Plus, it is not the business end of the telescope, it is the back end. One of the other images posted by somebody also is from the hind view, but it does partially show the lid in the background. The lid is fitted right on the tube and can close in seconds if the telescope would accidently be pointed toward the Sun. The interior of the tube is flat black with a super light absorbant coating.

(I feel I wasted almost all of the 8 minutes and 39 seconds looking at the same picture. Actually I wised up after about 4 minutes of looking at the different manipulations of the same image.)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If this was a cover, how is it that it does not show any type of mechanical arm attachment to it. How does this operate? magnetic force?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by WingedBull

Yes, I do agree it's very coincidentally the same size (or seemingly so) but what is it reflecting off of?

I am not saying this isn't a cover but can someone explain to me how a reflection works in deep space when there is no background or substance to it?

Yes, the photo was taken from behind a window on the shuttle. Simple as that. Why could you not figure that out? This is beyond a doubt, reasonable or otherwise, a reflection. Why are you trying to argue otherwise?
edit on 20-2-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

For a fellow with all the answers you certainly have an awful lot of questions.

probably because the OP seems to be on a mission to flood ATS with videos that are clearly by any stretch of a rational mind of IDENTIFIABLE objects and not UFOs.
It's as if the OP has an agenda. Whether that be to rack up points by posting crap, or he's deliberately muddying the waters, remains to be seen.
Every single thread the Op posts are fakes or explainable within the first couple of replies - whf's that about.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakenone
If this was a cover, how is it that it does not show any type of mechanical arm attachment to it. How does this operate? magnetic force?

That is not the cover. The cover is on the other end, and directly fastened to the end of the tube. The near end is not the opening of the tube.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakenone

not a cover... a reflection.... read the previous posts.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
Biggest NASA Cover Up Ever – Disk Shape UFO Clearly Examining Hubble

Why are people allowed to get away with thread titles like this? The only word in that sentence that's truthful is Hubble. A brief bit of research, a look at a hi-res version of the photo and it obvious that it's a reflection. Do some work before posting; it's laziness at best, and deception at worst.

It's a "get around".

The site says one must post the exact title, so all one needs do is visit a sensationalist site, pull their version of an official, 'mundane' topic/story and post here, so sensationalising and fearmongering 'legitimately'.

Easy, common trick.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

probably because the OP seems to be on a mission to flood ATS with videos that are clearly by any stretch of a rational mind of IDENTIFIABLE objects and not UFOs.
It's as if the OP has an agenda. Whether that be to rack up points by posting crap, or he's deliberately muddying the waters, remains to be seen.
Every single thread the Op posts are fakes or explainable within the first couple of replies - whf's that about.

Have to agree with that! Its also possible that he/she is too lazy to actually LOOK at what they are posting and want everyone else to do the work for them

However I have to say that some of the OP's threads are good for learning what to look for when it comes to hoaxing or misleading.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

Have to agree with that! Its also possible that he/she is too lazy to actually LOOK at what they are posting and want everyone else to do the work for them

However I have to say that some of the OP's threads are good for learning what to look for when it comes to hoaxing or misleading.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

I'll agree whole heartedly lol. I've often found the OP to be a bit religious in their views about the things they have or others have posted. Anything that brushes against their views leads to the defensive offence.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Don't worry about it Human Alien, not one of these people flaming you have ever made a mistake, we just can't hope to aspire to their levels of perfection.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarblazerUK
I've often found the OP to be a bit religious in their views about the things they have or others have posted. Anything that brushes against their views leads to the defensive offence.

hmmmm maybe your right it could be that there is a quasi religious element to some of the OP's post that have rankled with me without my being totally aware that they were there.... Bears thinking about!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

And who appointed you hall monitor?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sorry but this is not NASA's cover up,,.My very good friend is NASA engineer at Kennedy Space Center in Florida (BTW he believe in conspiracy) and he said " no UFO just cover lens"

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Your opinion on this ...

watch the astronaut visor reflection... and zoom on it

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join