It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Aids question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hello
about 3 years ago i had intercourse with a guy. I didnt use protection and i never got tested (yes i know u'll all say to get tested, but just answer my question)...I am worried that i may have gotten aids from him but my question is...does HIV multiply when you continualyl have sex with a person infected?
Also -i'm pretty sure that HIV can be dormant, but by 3 years i would be showing symptoms correct? If someone could list the symptoms, i'd be thankful

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If you care anything about yourself get tested for reals man.

Early Symptoms Of HIV Infection

Some people, but not all, develop symptoms within a month or two of exposure to HIV. These people may have a flu-like illness with such symptoms as:
Fever
Rash
Headache
Loss of appetite
Swollen glands (enlarged lymph nodes )
Achy muscles and joints

These early symptoms usually disappear within a week to a month. Most HIV-infected people who experience these early symptoms won't see any more signs of the infection for at least a few years.
Later Symptoms Of HIV Infection

Usually, it takes about eight to nine years between the time of infection and the appearance of later symptoms, although this varies from person to person. These symptoms signal that immune system function is deteriorating, due to declining numbers of CD4+ T cells.

Not all people with HIV infection develop further symptoms. For those who do, however, symptoms may include:
Persistent, enlarged lymph nodes
Excessive fatigue
Weight loss
Frequent fevers
Night sweats
Chronic or frequent diarrhea
Genital sores (sores around the penis or vagina)
Thrush (an infection of the mouth caused by Candida, a yeast-like fungus) and mouth lesions
Skin rash or flaky skin
Joint stiffness and pain
Bone pain
Blurred vision
Short-term memory loss
Repeated bacterial, viral, or fungal infections

As the CD4+ T cell count continues to drop and the immune system deteriorates further, individuals may continue to experience the above symptoms as well as develop new ones.

health.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Thank You.

Do you know if the virus mulitplies the more times you have intercourse tho?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Please refer to this page of frequently asked questions. It doesn't multiply but it does increase your risk of being infected if in fact the other party has HIV. Suggestion; Get tested.

www.aids.org...

[Edited on 16-7-2004 by Narnia]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
A word of warning. If possible, get your test done anonymously, as even being tested can affect future insurance dealings.

You are well into the time when antibodies will be present if you have been infected, so get tested as soon as you can. Don't forget to practise safe sex until you have the results and don't consider getting pregnant.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
He is a guy, I don't think he has to worry about getting pregnant.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Many apologies.

Better safe than sorry!

top topics

join