It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here is the test: Test

There are 16 different psychology types classified. There are 16 Dichotomies and you are either one or the other for the 4 groups.

Extroversion - Introversion
Sensing - Intuition
Thinking - Feeling
Judgment - Perception

en.wikipedia.org...

MY RESULTS

I received INFJ

Introverted
Intuitive
Feeling
Judgment

en.wikipedia.org...

Keirsey referred to the INFJs as Counselors, one of the four types belonging to the temperament he called the Idealists. One of the rarest types, INFJs account for 1–3% of the population.

* How they focus their attention or get their energy (extraversion or introversion)
* How they perceive or take in information (sensing or intuition)
* How they prefer to make decisions (thinking or feeling)
* How they orient themselves to the external world (judgment or perception)

# I – Introversion preferred to extraversion: INFJs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).
# N – Intuition preferred to sensing: INFJs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.
# F – Feeling preferred to thinking: INFJs tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic.
# J – Judgment preferred to perception: INFJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability.

typelogic.com...

Remember to post your type!

edit on 2/17/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

hi Misoir, I come out as 'counseler' too. I wonder if a site such as Ats would
attract such a rare (according to the test) personality type?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the link I have done MB tests before for Job interviews but never got the feedback -

I came out as ENFJ

moderately expressed extravert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

LOL but then again anybody who has heard me on the shows would realize that !
edit on 17-2-2011 by Silk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have taken this test multiple times ..usually a INFJ but have been a INTJ ....peace

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am a INTJ

A "mastermind."

keirsey.com...

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency -- any waste of human and material resources -- they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

Communication tip for an INTJ employee with an Artisan boss In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Edit to add,

I think the last time I did this I got INFJ, I cant remember. But it said my T was weakly expressed, meaning I suppose it could go the other way if a slightly different mix of questions were asked.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I believe there was a big thread on Myers-Briggs on ATS a while ago.. I remember posting in one maybe 2 months ago. Anyway, I always come up as INFP with 100% introverted. =/ Apparently I lose a lot of energy when I am in crowds and social gatherings and gain energy when by myself or with close friends.
edit on 17-2-2011 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I like things like this but I'm not always convinced of the accuracy I got:

# slightly expressed introvert (some people I know say I'm crazy in your face)
# distinctively expressed intuitive personality
# distinctively expressed feeling personality
# slightly expressed perceiving personality

I once did a test like this during an interview for working as a DIY store till operator (don't have a scooby why) but I was mailed the results and it said I had an aggressive personality... which if you knew me personally is the complete opposite to me... well I didn't get the job because of this.

S+F

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I dont think Introverted means shy, I think it is more, "what makes you feel tired, and how do you charge your batteries?"

Im not shy either. But being around people makes me tired. I seek solitude to recharge.

Extroverts wind down alone, and bounce around like rubber balls when they are with others. It makes them feel energized and excited.

Edit to add,

I wonder what the common personality types are. We always get the rarer ones it seems. Anyone know which is most common?
edit on 17-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yeah you're right.. for some reason I always think that introverted and shy are synonymous.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 50 88 22

lol.. i got mastermind too...

i think we will see alot of similar results on this board as we are all a certain type that questions the status quo

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
INFP here

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You guys should link or post your description. I want to read what the other ones are like too. :p

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thanks Misoir. Looks like I am a "healer." An INFP. Which describes me exactly.

INFP

From Jung's work, others developed psychological typologies. Jungian personality assessments include the MBTI assessment, developed by Isabel Briggs Myers and Katharine Cook Briggs, and the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, developed by David Keirsey. Keirsey referred to the INFPs as Healers, one of the four types belonging to the temperament he called the Idealists.[2] INFPs are one of the rarest types, accounting for about 1–5% of the population. [3][4]

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As I recall from the other thread there are many INFP's here, given how little of them are in the world (1-2% if I remember correctly)... "healers," or "dreamers" as they are sometimes called, seem to love conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Agreed

In particular, I suspect we'll find introversion in abundance.

I came out INTJ (you can call me mastermind
) also.

Very expressed introvert
Moderately expressed intuitive personality
Moderately expressed thinking personality
Slightly expressed judging personality

I tend to find that I consistently score 100% on introversion, which makes total sense. I get exhausted being in company, need "time out" after attending family/friend gatherings and the need to constantly interact in work absolutely drains me. I'd always put it down to being an only child, but who knows...

I find that the judgement preference seems to interchange with perception every time I try the test. In this instance I only scored 1% on this aspect.

All very interesting stuff

edit on 17/2/11 by lizziejayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I tested! I AM AN ***INFJ***

From this link, my description. en.wikipedia.org...

Some practitioners have speculated that Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was an INFJ.[12] However, according to the guidelines for the ethical use of the MBTI, only those taking the assessment can identify their own best fit.[13]INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear and confident vision, which they then set out to execute, aiming to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.[14]

INFJs are quiet, private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Although very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups. Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner.[3]

INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions, and perceptive of the emotions of others. Generally well-liked by their peers, they may often be considered close friends and confidants by most other types. However, they are guarded in expressing their own feelings, especially to new people, and so tend to establish close relationships slowly. INFJs tend to be easily hurt, though they may not reveal this except to their closest companions. INFJs may "silently withdraw as a way of setting limits", rather than expressing their wounded feelings—a behavior that may leave others confused and upset.[15]

INFJs tend to be sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world, but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired.[16] Yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition.[17]

Yeah that is a really close description of the inner me.
edit on 17-2-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
INTP

The Architect, The Engineer, The Thinker or The Wizard

I first did this test a few months ago as part of the psychometric testing for a job application and it blew me away! The profile description was almost a perfect match for me and I found the experience quite liberating. INTP's make up about 1% of the population and so I feel special!

Some of the good stuff include, eschews hierarchy, dresses inappropriate for age or station, does not care how others view them, laid back and a load of other stuff I really like. The bad stuff is all about detachment, taking no account of the feelings of others, coldness and a load of other stuff I do not like.

INTP - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
(Introverted Thinking with Extraverted Intuition)
As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.
www.personalitypage.com...

For INTPs, the world exists primarily to be understood. Reality is trivial, a mere arena for proving ideas. They enjoy work that allows them to abstract, to generalize beyond the data, and to build models. Flexibility is desired because INTPs like to 'do the job when they want to do it and as they want to do it.' They also prefer occupations in which the hierarchy is minimal and not important.web.archive.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
INTJ every time. I was forced to take this at work where the Director considered this very insightful. I consider it as valid as an astrology chart and object to its use in the workplace as voodoo science. It's a travesty that people us ethios to judge people. Life is way too complex for that.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I am also a 'double Libra', Libra with Libra rising. (He he he..) (Whats your sign?)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I got INTP: Introverted intuitive Thinking, Perceiving: . typelogic.com...

I give you one word from the mouth of the great Leonard Nemoy, "Fascinating"
edit on 2/17/1111 by Golithion because: Bloody Y you fool!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join