It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it bother you that government paid disinfo agents post in this forum?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
they mix in well with the morons but i wouldnt take either of their words as truth. on this site you normally have to take both sides of a story and the truth is normally somewhere in the middle, unless we are talking about cheney and bush who are normally guilty as hell and i am not a believer in this reptillian nonsense but i will let others make their own mind on that stuff.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
this site itself has been accused of drumming up disinfo just to get hits. Just google WhispersInTheDark or see this link encyclopediadramatica.com...

in the end it's all about the money isn't it?

and i applaud the trolling of Schnitzel as it falls in with Church of the SubGenius beliefs

let the sheep do what sheep do!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Why not share? Then everyone can so easily spot them just like you.

They're often transparent.

link   
How can we know for sure that the government pays people to spread disinfo here? I'm certain they're watching every keystroke, but not so convinced they're spreading disinfo. I'm sure there are many paid disinfo agents, but don't think it is the actual government behind that. I've seen at least a couple folks claim to be paid government disinfo agents, but that is disinfo in itself to me. It's this internet, and we can be whatever we want here. This week, I'm an astronaut.

link   
I agree with the equilibrium analogy. same with the matrix, 1984, half life 2's storyline, 24, and unfortunatly a possibility that the same will spill over into real life now or in the near future. its not QUITE at the stage of 1984 yet, thank christ...

ed: how do we know you say...it takes hitting a sweet spot and being banned for zero reason to figure that one out
I care little about either, just here for the truth.
edit on 15-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Nerbot I thought disinfo peeps were called "flamed factols" until I went into the other thread at the bottom of your posting.
Pretty cool stuff. Disinfo peep are'nt as talented whoever they are.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Doesn't bother me, it is fun to uncover them.

I think I will always remember DocVelocity. I wonder who he is now?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

They do change names..
GOt multiple sign ins ect.... Like to ACT like the truth seekers ect. YOU get it

edit on 2/15/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
there is one simple way to avoid all and any bs, don't trust ANYONE.
edit on 15-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not so much disinformation as I have seen more damage control on this site. Usually the agent provocateur's will attack the original poster and even the OP's supporters personally as opposed to criticizing the content of the comment.

Also the agents sometimes post provocative items to seemingly draw out members who know more than they are letting on. Punishment ensues...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Some of them stick out like a sore thumb, I think.

Has anyone ever wondered if some of them do that to take the heat off of the other ones who lie low?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Agents to disinfo exactly what?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

Just about anything on here.

It is a conspiracy site.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Instead of targeting certain threads wouldn't it be easier to post threads that are blatant rubbish with the goal of discrediting the whole site?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The word "disinfo" is thrown around like candy, on this site. The word has practically lost its meaning (IMHO). Most times, it's used to describe anyone who doesn't buy into, argues against, or brings up a point someone else doesn't like, typically by those who can't or won't debate or worse, can't accept that there are people who just don't agree with them.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

Butcherguy, you beat me to it.

I see it more so in the UFO and political forums. Anyone else?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

You get a star from me. It is overused.

I still believe that there are government employees whose job is specifically monitor, draw information from and post misleading information on this site and sites like it.

ETA: I have seen posters call Weedwhacker a disinfo agent. I don't believe that for a second. He uses logic and backs it up with facts.

edit on 15-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

So in other words....you have no idea...but you are going to cover yourself with a secretive posts that implies you have some super secret process in sniffing out disinfo agents.

Why not share? Then everyone can so easily spot them just like you.

There are three types of disinfo type on ats
1) Those who are paid by the government (at most maybe 1-2)

2) Those paid by a foreign gov't (Isreal, Iran, China and Venezuela are the most common culprits) Usually grammar is poor indicating a non native english speaker, secoundly post history shows they only post on topics that dirrectly effect there employer. So the Iranian one always speaks out about protests in Iran and claims the elections where not rigged there. etc.

3) Those who don't get paid and live in there moms basement in Australia and pretent to be an expert on things and try and squash every thread that has talks about conspiracies. I like to call these trolls or professional skeptics or losers who live in mom's basement.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Every single time this subject comes up (And, dear God does it come up a lot) I answer with the same exact query...

Why would the government, or any other entity, pay to muddy waters that are already utterly muddied without any help at all.

If I start a thread, five minutes from now, that states "The sky is blue and I am a human male" it wouldn't take half an hour before fifteen different people came along to tell me just how wrong I was. Well, guess what folks... It's a blue sky kind of day in Georgia and I am, indeed, a human male. (And, yes, twice I have faced the accusation that I am a "chat bot" here.)

I've seen plenty of people on ATS with agendas or strongly held specific beliefs. But to write them off as "paid disinfo agent"??? That's just giving them too much credit and creating excuses for poor debate skills.

Having said that, two caveats...

1) If there are super secret agent men here. Hire me. I need a job.
2) If you can't hire me, at least pick a debate with me as I enjoy a challenge and believe I'd best you at your own game.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
The word "disinfo" is thrown around like candy, on this site. The word has practically lost its meaning (IMHO). Most times, it's used to describe anyone who doesn't buy into, argues against, or brings up a point someone else doesn't like, typically by those who can't or won't debate or worse, can't accept that there are people who just don't agree with them.

Agreement or lack thereof for a disinfo agent usually resorts to name calling from the get-go. I can disagree, say, for instance, a UFO video you may have taken. I could agree that it is indeed a UFO, or I could say IMHO its a contrail, Or I could come across as a disinfo agent and say: you wouldn't know a UFO if it crawled up your leg and bit you on the a$$!

I meant no malice kind lady.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join