It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*the Family* requesting information..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hey guys I wanted to ask any members who have information about this group called *the Family*.

I have found that I have some connections to this group, though members of my actual family.
Whenever information is given to me it is always criptic.
And when I say cryptic I mean F*ng weird. (sorry for my language, but I want to emphasise)

If this group is to have some influence on my life, I want to be armed with information.
I don't want to get into too much detail as to my personal information,
and to "snitch" by accident on someone who said something and cause them trouble.

I am just asking for more information,
even on this site the information is "light" for such a subject, which concerns me....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

found a link to some information on american political connections

(although I must research the validity of the claim and the author)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

A secretive fellowship of powerful Christian politicians that centers on a Washington, D.C., townhouse. Investigative journalist Jeff Sharlet has written extensively about the influential group in his book The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power.

Source

This family?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
www.harpers.org...
this site has some info

-exerpt from site-
civicsnews.blogspot.com...

~
What is the Family?
It’s the most well-connected religious organization that no one talks about.
Formed in 1935 by an itinerant preacher, Norwegian immigrant Abraham Vereide,
the Family has grown into “a veritable underground of Christ’s men all through government,”
in the words of Family member and evangelical minister Charles Colson,
the convicted Watergate conspirator.
The Washington-based group counts many prominent politicians,
mostly conservative Republicans, among its flock,
and several members of Congress pay $600 a month to rent rooms in
the group’s townhouse on C Street, near the U.S. Capitol.
There are Family “prayer cells” in many federal agencies,
including the Pentagon and the Justice Department.
The Family tries to maintain a low profile (see below),
but was thrust into the headlines in recent weeks when it
emerged that three politicians embroiled in sex scandals—
South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, Nevada Sen. John Ensign,
and former Mississippi Rep. Chip Pickering—are longtime members.
Pickering, in fact, last week was accused in court papers of having
trysts with his mistress in the C Street house.
~

Will find more and add...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Yeah that's the one, but I think it is alot bigger than just american political influence.
The only proof I have is my personal experience,
as I am Canadian, and have no direct conections to american politics,
it seems weird that such a group, that apparently has only
high ranking members of politics as members, would extend to canada...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

Hey guys I wanted to ask any members who have information about this group called *the Family*.

I have found that I have some connections to this group, though members of my actual family.
Whenever information is given to me it is always criptic.
And when I say cryptic I mean F*ng weird. (sorry for my language, but I want to emphasise)

If this group is to have some influence on my life, I want to be armed with information.
I don't want to get into too much detail as to my personal information,
and to "snitch" by accident on someone who said something and cause them trouble.

I am just asking for more information,
even on this site the information is "light" for such a subject, which concerns me....

Hahahahahah.. I'm not alone????

edit to add.. I don't know what you're talking about.
edit on 15-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There is also a group called "The Family" in Australia. The leaders of this group boast "connections you wouldn't believe", and have all remained legally unscathed, despite proof that they ran a massive baby-stealing scam behind their curtain of "religion", and drugged, tortured and indoctrinated these children, and and somehow disposed of many of them, most likely selling them, on overseas trips.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Do you mean the group that were formerly known as The Children of God? Founded by David Berg? These guys are now known as Family International.

Since the late 1970s, there have been reports of children of former members being abducted and moved to other countries to prevent their parents, law enforcement authorities and child welfare agencies from finding them. An investigation into the whereabouts of four missing children, whose mother, Ruth Frouman,[20] was expelled from the group in July 1987, eight months after being diagnosed with breast cancer, and not allowed to leave with her children, resulted in police raids[21] on ten TFI homes in Buenos Aires, Argentina in September 1993. After holding a large number of TFI children in custody and conducting many physical and psychological examinations on the children, the court returned the children to their parents, citing lack of evidence.[22] Two of Ruth Frouman's children were returned to their father in May 1993, and the other two children were reunited with their father and their other relatives in mid-1997.
Link

This group began life in the United States and are spread throughout the World.

Or do you mean the alleged group "The Family" that Bevan Spencer von Einem was meant to be involved with in Adelaide? The Family Murders

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The Family has connections in many countries of the world and their power extends far beyond America, Canada is no big surprise, and they have supported alot of dictatorships about the place and genocidal mass murderers.

They are quite abit scary if you look at some of the characters they have been involved with.

I recommend reading Jeff Sharlet's book as another member above has posted. You'll find most of the information in there. It will paint the picture for you quite clearly and most importantly with objectivity.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
thanks for the info guys...
I am just so suprised on how little info is on ats about this subject, usually anything has a dozen posts at least about it...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I thought you were talking about The Family, formerly the Manson Family and the biggest supplier of '___' on the US.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba

Do you mean the group that were formerly known as The Children of God? Founded by David Berg? These guys are now known as Family International.

Since the late 1970s, there have been reports of children of former members being abducted and moved to other countries to prevent their parents, law enforcement authorities and child welfare agencies from finding them. An investigation into the whereabouts of four missing children, whose mother, Ruth Frouman,[20] was expelled from the group in July 1987, eight months after being diagnosed with breast cancer, and not allowed to leave with her children, resulted in police raids[21] on ten TFI homes in Buenos Aires, Argentina in September 1993. After holding a large number of TFI children in custody and conducting many physical and psychological examinations on the children, the court returned the children to their parents, citing lack of evidence.[22] Two of Ruth Frouman's children were returned to their father in May 1993, and the other two children were reunited with their father and their other relatives in mid-1997.
Link

This group began life in the United States and are spread throughout the World.

Or do you mean the alleged group "The Family" that Bevan Spencer von Einem was meant to be involved with in Adelaide? The Family Murders

Neither. This group was in Victoria.

The cruel cult of Anne Hamilton-Byrne

What's written here might seem bad, but it is only mentioning the most innocuous parts.
It was far worse, and destroyed the lives on many people.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

None of this seems right, I am digging and digging, and I can't find it.

I can't put my finger on it, but I am figuring this out slowly.
I guess that's why they are called "secret groups"....

I will put this out there, I have been told to continue my education, why I said I didn't think I could afford it and wasn't sure if I could do it, the response was
"Don't worry your part of the family now", which I figured was weird,
and continued saying how i wasn't sure...
then it was said "No, you don't get it, your part of the family now"

I just shut up.. let it rattle in my brain till I made this thread.

When I was thinking about this, when i was younger I remember being told that,
anything that happens a certgain location to another location was our "family"
but being young didn't really think about it until recently.

I hate putting my neck out. Despite that curiosity is getting the best of me.
Trying to follow the doctrine, denying ignorence... digging and digging.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

This thread is going to get interesting, I've read alot on these guys.

Can't wait to see what comes in, tuned in and locked on!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Wow. What a revelation. I have never heard of this group, and you say they have a dark agenda?
I need to do some study. Thanks for the heads-up guys.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
OP, I don't know you personally, but maybe a public forum isn't the best place to be discussing this or asking questions.

You'd be better off going through other threads and PM'ing or befriending posters you think might have the answers you are looking for, rather than just giving out info to random people and looking for specific answers. That's just my opinion, though.

new topics

top topics

join