It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW i just witnessed a [the?] pole shift or something even weirder????????? mind blown

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

dont believe you.

how can u say its relative to 15 minutes yet 4 hours went by,
your refering one state of "time continuum" vs "the memory of one"

dum de do.

yesterday felt like 25 hours. (even though it was still only 24) im sure it felt like 25. lol

edit on 15/2/2011 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashyr

You've never fell asleep and had a dream that seemed like an entire day, if not longer, passed by - only to wake up and discover that you were only sleeping for an hour or two?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashyr

I wonder if this has anything to do woth the X2.2 solar flare from our sun this morning? It released a blast of x-rays into space.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The flare released an incredible amount of light and energy. Could this have been enough to warp our skies for a breif moment?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is my absolutely first reply to anything on this site or any other but i have been reading this site and others for years now. I live in southern WI, I frequently find myself staring at the stars. as it happens i am an early riser, I believe i witnessed either the same event or one similar. (My personal guess is this was a distortion from my point of view. Have you ever looked at the corner of a fish tank and along swims a fish right at you and then turns but you cant see it for a sec on the side wall of the fish tank. Where as we all know the fish didn't disappear, it appeared as though it did.) I actually had to grab on my porch railing while watching because it made me feel dizzy to watch this progression of stars. I figured it was maybe cloud of some clear gas high in the atmosphere or something. But my impression was as the the entire sky just move on fast forward. I was defiantly feeling the hebejebe's.

Thats it. i hope to added a little validity to you event. I know reading yours added some to mine

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Think of how a black hole reduces the light that returns to the observers eyes. If there was a space ship on the event horizon, that is being sucked into the blackhole, the ship would seem motionless to the obserever. In this case, incredible amounts of light are being returned to the observers eyes. Would this cause things to speed up for a moment.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Something strange does happen up there, down here, all around us?. My wife and I, walking home from a freinds house last year. She pointed up and said to me "Is that really happening?" We both watched, mouths open, as the big dipper was flying quickly along the sky. This was over Manchester last year. We didn't know what to make of it. However, we do know, it moved from one detached house to another in about 10 seconds. Oh well, our reality is not something we are ever meant to understand

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

sorry, meant to say, considering the response to your thread, and the flags, it is resonating with a lot of people.
edit on 02/07/2011 by breadmaker99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You watched it for 5 minutes and decided it wasn't worth filming? Really?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

The other night I had looked out the window, and I also saw the crescent moon facing upwards. My initial thought was that I was pretty sure it didn't do that. But I quickly dismissed it. The truth being that I couldn't make a decision regarding how odd it was, when I didn't really know if it was abnormal. I've noticed that a few posts on this topic have mentioned that it IS abnormal, so I decided to share.
When I was into witchcraft years ago, I came across the upward facing crescent moon as a symbol, I'm sorry I cant remember what it symbolized, (though I think I still have all my notes, so if I find it, Ill update.)
I believe that symbols and sorcery are used against the masses...perhaps there is a connection?
Peace an one love!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by breadmaker99

I was just thinking that. A lot of people must see stuff like this...but what can you do. And I definitely hear you when you say we are not mean to understand reality, it would be nice to have some answers tho.

Its purplemonkeydishwash thread not mine. He deserves the credit

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hi everybody!

Somehow I'm starting to get really excited. Maybe there indeed is a proof for a possible change of earth's rotation axis.

Several times I've read in this thread about people having observed, that somehow moon has changed: That the cresent, different from previous times, now looks like a "U" or a bull's horns.

Having read those accounts, I started googleing for any news about changes of the moon.

And indeed I found something. Unfortunately, the page is written in my first language, in german, but I'm pretty sure, the videos and pics will give you an impression of what the talk is about...

That's what our moon used to look like:

And that's what our moon apparantly looks like now:

In the following Video a user documents his experiences and shows with the help of a starmapsoftware with precision, that the moon isn't in the place, where you'd expect it to be:

www.youtube.com...

Here's another one:

Moon phase and tilt 11-15-2010 -11-16-2010

www.youtube.com...

and more:

www.youtube.com...

Source: b-n-d.net...

One idea for an explanation on that website is, that the recent massive earthquakes in Chile and elswhere led to a change in earth's rotation axis.

Looking at all those strange incidents that occured recently (remeber those flocks of birds falling from the sky?), I think it doesn't lack plausibility to say, that things are on the move...

edit on 15/2/11 by Peloquin because: spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Originally posted by ghostsoldier78
OK, so I clicked on this thread, read it to my wife, and we both dismissed it as nonsense. Then while checking some other stuff online my wife went outside on the porch to talk to her sister on the phone and comes back in excited, telling me the stars are moving. I thought she was pulling my leg, but I lit a cigarette( and no, nothing in it but tobacco.) went outside, and at first I told her that the clouds were moving and were fooling her eyes. She pointed at one and told me to watch it, so I did. IT MOVED. Ever so slowly but it was definately moving east to west across the sky. Then I noticed another star close to the moon with a kinda reddish tint to it, and it WAS MOVING TOO! In almost the same direction as the first. Another thing, just after I realized they were moving we noticed a plane, flying very very fast moving along in the same direction as the lights/stars were. The plane was REALLY moving fast but I could hear no engines, and it was leaving a pretty good contrail. But it struck me as a jet, not a passenger plane. This was just 5 mins ago, if anybody else is in central Louisiana please go outside and stargaze for a minute to maybe confirm/deny this, its really really wierd

lol.. This made me laugh, thanks.
"Dismissed it as nonsense" Glad something amazing came out it it, at any rate

Originally posted by The GUT
I've smoked twice as many cigarettes tonight as usual and I have a crick in my neck. Thanks.

Cool thread and fascinating topic. Lotsa strange stuff in the heavens lately. I'm experiencing an oddity in the last few months as well: The stars seem SO close some nights...as if they are only a few thousand feet in the air.

That's new to me in 40+ years. I've been mostly leaning towards the theory that my eyesight ain't what it used to be and that affects my depth perception. I'm keeping an open mind however because it's pretty impressive for an 'optical illusion.'

I also remember an account I've heard in the last few months--not sure if it was here or not--of someone relating a 'star shift' experience that was a lot like yours. It made an impression because the person came across much like you--they had seen something and were just looking for answers.

I've searched but can't find it so far, but I'll give it another go if I can come up with some new search terms.

Hah, glad people are taking notice! I just woke up myself.. long, weird day.. full of reflection. I'm going to out to have a peek at the stars.

Yeah I meant no disrespect man, if you clicked on a thread where some dude was talking about the stars moving all at once in the sky, you'd probably be like....whatever, as well. But what amazed me was the fact that I went outside and saw two of them move. I live far from any major cities or thickly populated aread, so we get really clear pretty nights out here, and me and the wife love to just sit outside and watch the sky sometimes. My facorite time is right as a storm is blowing in at night because the clouds are moving so fast. I guess it could have been an optical illusion with the clouds or satellites, but as much as I've watched the sky I would hope I could tell the difference by now. They were definately moving faster than satelites and after I first posted I went back outside and watched the "red" star for a while and it moved at least 10 degrees or so farther away from the moon than when I went in the first time. After about 30 mins It was gone and I could'nt find it anymore. The fast mover struck me as weird as well, I've never seen a passenger or jumbo jet fly so fast.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
the best way i suggest for checking stars , if they arent in the usaul position.is to go outside with your laptop and having starry night program or any other astronomical software or if you have a star chart on paper...sometimes comparing is the best, calm and logical thing to do!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

i am a regular to observing the night sky. when i first saw your thread i thought there will be many who will offer
possible explanations for what you describe as a constellation moving. i have noticed over the years many subtle
movements/shifts whilst observing the stars. a possible explanation from myself would be..
imagine the atmosphere/upper atmosphere as a kind of lens. if this lens is disturbed by means
of gravity changes/cme's/interactions with the mag field, have we on the ground picked up on this subtle rapid cycle?

Refraction--To break the natural course of, as rays of light or heat, when passing from one transparent medium to another of
different density; to cause to deviate from a direct course by an action distinct from reflection;as, a dense medium refracts the rays of light as they pass into it from a rare medium.

it could very well be the case that two different densities of atmosphere or a tranparent medium in space could be the cause of this.
somehow i feel the answer may be found connected to something written above.
regards f
it could very well be the case that what is observed is a refraction on the boundary of a medium between the star and our eyes. a kind of visual boundary capillary effect.

edit on 15-2-2011 by fakedirt because: missed out the final bit duh!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hello there, all, I shall respond to all questions shortly. I have a slight dependency on this mind altering substance known as coffee which must be satiated. ;D

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier78

I have two things to add to this thread, not dismissing it or trying to debunk anything:
1.) Every (or almost every) person going out side was smoking a cigarette, something a little extra maybe being slipped into the cigarettes now-a-days per tobacco co.'s / government
2.) The dark part of the moon, that we see, is either the side facing away from the sun or the Earth (or something else) casting a shadow onto it

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The ships cloaking device went haywire.
If it was a pole shift, I would be under water right now.

Still dry.
edit on 15-2-2011 by fishy6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
How cynical and sad of you to respond in such a manner.

so if he disagrees with your outrageous claim, then it's considered cynical and sad?

You do realize that there's over 6 billion people on the planet and you're the only one claiming to have seen this?

Could have been drugs, could have been that you looked up too fast, the blood rushed out of your head, and you experienced a momentary hallucination.

The possibilities are endless.

But the probability that a pole shift created an effect that only you can see...just isn't there. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join