It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

For the life of me, I can't figure out one reason why the government would force Edgar Mitchell to tell people that aliens exist. Or, that they would target his family for not telling people about them.

Your arguement doesn't hold water.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

For the life of me, I can't figure out one reason why the government would force Edgar Mitchell to tell people that aliens exist. Or, that they would target his family for not telling people about them.

False flag alien boogy man perhaps?
I think people of the know and of super high security positions DO get, I don't want to say threatened, but maybe a security ultimatum, to be encouraged to keep quiet for national security, WITH a condition of imprisonment. Pure speculation on the personal/family threat, but I believe that does happen, But this is my opinion only.

spec

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Well....like he (and many others) say, he has no 'evidence' (physical), nor personal experience...but, he bases everything he says on being "in the know".

I would suggest that the "in the know" of a man who has spent 60 years in the business and has walked on the moon is a very different "in the know" to the 'many others' you mention. I may be wrong.

As a general note, I think this generation fails to fully appreciate the achievements of those men. They were the best of the best, in mind and body. To get to the moon they had to be. Aside from dementia or some total mental breakdown I would hold their opinions and thoughts in the highest regard.
edit on 13-2-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

You may have misunderstood my point....

Anyway, he touches on it, cryptically, near the end. The people he talks to, who are "actively involved", cannot tell him anything directly that they can't say publicly, either.

I think, though....when you know someone well, AND they have a secret and are compelled to keep it....you can intuit a lot. It's the old "Blink twice if what I said is close to the truth" game!

(...something like that....)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I agree with you on that 100%, but these people are being threatened into silence, not into telling what they know. If it is a government conspiracy to creat a boogie man, then Edgar Mitchell failed, because he spoke of them helping to heal us. I don't believe the goverment is threatening EM and his family, forcing him to do, what seemed to be lucid and positive, interview.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I too think the "alien boogeyman" stuff is concocted....not by any governments, but by people who took to heart what Carol Rosin has said, so many times in her appearances...all based on Werner Von Braun's deathbed comments. HE may have just been overly paranoid.

In any case, whether by "design" (which I doubt) or not, the many many decades of Hollywood films and TV shows have, for the most part, removed the "threat" aspect. At least, to most reasonable people.

(...forgetting the forgettable like "Independence Day", and such. Of course, even THAT had a "happy ending". Just a re-cycled "War Of The Worlds, anyhow....
).

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

You may have misunderstood my point....

Anyway, he touches on it, cryptically, near the end. The people he talks to, who are "actively involved", cannot tell him anything directly that they can't say publicly, either.

I think, though....when you know someone well, AND they have a secret and are compelled to keep it....you can intuit a lot. It's the old "Blink twice if what I said is close to the truth" game!

(...something like that....)

Of course, that's what I mean when I say Mitchell's 'in the know' is different from most others'. Being 'involved', he sees the winks - or double blinks, as you put it - that most people don't.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
My problem with Edgar Mitchell is that his take in the UFO phenomenon is like anyone else... what make him special is that he is an astronaut. I suspect that he got the same info that everybody else got... the same sources etc none first hand experience. Just check that he say around 38:00.

no i'd be willing to bet he has more inside contacts, after all he spent years in the program.
had to make a lot of friends there

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Maybe this is the governments idea of disclosure? Maybe this is all we will get before they just show up? Don't know... just thinking out loud here.

I don't know whether to believe the man or not. I would tend to believe him more than I would just any random person on youtube or whatever, but, well... you just never know what to believe these days.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Edgar has soul, he is a naughty child and will say what he chooses out of defiance, he afterall will not be harmed, he has friends in very high places.

Good for you Mitchell! Keep on keeping on.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If there was ever going to be a disclosure then I hope Ed will be asked to present it, his profile would fit the job perfectly.

He has made quiet a few radio and tv interviews over the last few years and It all started with this bomb shell back in 2008.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13/2/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

I could not find the full length version.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It is still amazing to me how many well known people from high ranking posistions and careers tell the same story of many different alien beings visiting Earth...

I want to debunk but wit the change in the air I can say i feel something is about to blow the lid off of extraterrestrials

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Im agree with foxmulder, these guys were the best of the best and let their abilities do the talking, thats why I hold their opinions as generally more reliable than a uneducated hillbilly who claims she was abducted.

If you wanted to have another shot at the moon, or a career after the space race, surely you would keep your mouth shut about things that would jeopardise your future until you reached a point where it didnt matter any more.

However, if it were me, I would have ammassed a sh** load of factual evidence, some allies and others who were tired of hiding the truth and then come out big time, all these one off, ex NASA guy this and ex AirForce Missile that, these guys get picked off one by one, cannon fodder, thats not the type of approach an ex Airforce Pilot Astronaught would take on, surely they would play the percentage game and realise they couldnt win this so leave the fight for another day?

Obviously I cannot say one way or another except on one hand I beleive him, on the other it is IMO a very naive approach from a person exposed to all the warts and all of political and military decisions, to make this potential mistake.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Has he any proof? If so, I'll listen.

If not, he could have all the credentials in the world, and I still couldn't care less.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Anothe GREAT interview with Edgar Mitchell. I listened to the whole think and I found it very enlightening and I wish Edgar Mitchell and continuing, healthy and long life, here is to hoping he lives to see disclosure.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips
Has he any proof? If so, I'll listen.

If not, he could have all the credentials in the world, and I still couldn't care less.

I think you should listen first then decide to debunk or not, and if you couldnt care less why waste your time posting.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

Thats becasue your a TOOL just like old dagger if not the same person. This man was one of the few qualified people who were "allowed" to go to space. Thousands of people only wish to be an astronuat but nasa finds them not capable this guys was one of the elite who could handle the trip and was mentally "there" enough to do it so yea i would say his credentials do mean something and your nothing more than a christian punk who really thinks "god" (jesus christ) invented humans and placed adam and eve on this so called miracle planet.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I find it unbelievable that a man of this stature, a true hero who has walked on the moon, can say these things, in full command of his faculties, and the world doesn't listen.

If an Apollo astronaut can say these things and have negligible effect, what hope is there for the rest of us...

The world does listen but it won't be through the corperate media/newpapers/tv that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuyInTheKnow

i'm christain too. i'm i a punk

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Is there not one person...? Not a single person on the planet earth that can clearly give us evidence of ET?
And to you ET's out there that are possibly reading this............Is there not ONE, just ONE of you out there that can show yourself to our entire human civilization?.....

So, either we human's as a whole are not ready to communicate in the opinion(s) of ET, there are not ET's, or they've made deals with our "leaders" ?....If what Mitchell says is true, great. Yet, there is still no disclosure. Right back at the beginning..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join