It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ancient Civilizations Have Advanced Technology (More Evidence)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This video seems so convincing to me. After finding out the batteries, how can anyone not believe that the ancient civilizations were intelligent and had advanced technology?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Link does not work... FYI

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I've no idea which video this is supposed to be but you mentioned batteries and i can only assume that you meant the Baghdad batteries.
It seems you have incorrectly inserted the youtube video link..
You only need this part of the youtube URL STNh9n1B44M
Then you need [yvid] either side of that code but the second one will have an / after the [ you can use the shortcut to that which is just above the edit box.

looking forward to an update to your thread.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Extralien because: typo

edit on 12-2-2011 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Technology is the anti=Christ.

Christ consciousness and harmony with natural law is the 'advanced' tech people have come to rationalize.

tech is false. natural is true.

We need to get back in balance and take part in the natural universe.

Of course everyone is programmed to call me crazy so ignore this muse.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Technology, Science, and Reasoning is antichrist because it goes against christ since the bible is full of fairy tales.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

so you why are you useing unholy tecnology

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is the intended video:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"More advanced than we thought" is not the same as "advanced technology."

I'm not sure why so many people are absolutely bewildered by the prospect of the Greeks having a mechanized calender, or the Sumerians discovering that beer + copper = tingle. Or the notion that Indians and Egyptians could stack rocks into a pyramid shape.

The world is plenty fantastic, and history deep and amazing enough, without having to create entirely fictitious stories for it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Is it not strange that these interesting articles aren`t more common knowledge, i`m glad we have internet to enlighten us these days

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You'll probably be very interested in the advanced machining techniques being discussed by people like chris dunn...

lots of stuff to look at...

www.theglobaleducationproject.org...
www.gizapower.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

because I have my wits about me and understand that it is a tool unlike most of modern man who treats it as a savior (iGod).

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The thing is, behaviorally modern humans evolved around 50k years ago. By 5k bce, we've progressed over 45k years. We have learned a lot in those 45k years. Why is it so surprising that in that time we've learned how to create massive buildings and monuments?

People sometimes say, ignorantly, that there were societies millions of years ago more advanced than we are today. Theres no evidence for it, and to find evidence that it's not true... you simply have to read a geology book.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

Man, don't feed the trolls! Engaging the memetically crippled in debate is like trying to win at Calvinball.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

Is this your best effort? Pretty sure a troll is someone living off another's witty retort just to get their post count up.

Feel free to contribute to the thread at any point. Otherwise best of luck getting your 20 so you can create versus borrow.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
"More advanced than we thought" is not the same as "advanced technology."

I'm not sure why so many people are absolutely bewildered by the prospect of the Greeks having a mechanized calender, or the Sumerians discovering that beer + copper = tingle.

Fox,

It's worse than you thought.

The "Baghdad battery" isn't Sumerian. It dates to only around 100 BC or later.

Harte

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
The world is plenty fantastic, and history deep and amazing enough, without having to create entirely fictitious stories for it.

This should be stuck up as a banner across the top of this forum.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
huh, this isn't that impressive, they had steam power and coin operated devices back then.
if you can build gears you can create a computation device, i'd be more impressed if the greeks had planes or lasers.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There are many discoveries that have been made that seem very modern to us. One of the reasons is because the new devices are not new, but borrowed from old ideas.

One such device is automatic doors. These devices are not unique to our time, these devices were used in temples where the doors would open at predetermined times to allow the worshipers in and out. Using math and pulleys, weights and counter-weights and a little math, these doors would automatically open allowing the worshipers in and out.

There were ancient vending machines as well, that would dispense a predetermined amount of holy water or even oils once an offering was made.

There were some discoveries \made, I do not remember where off the top of my head that had a very crude railway cut into rock that allowed for easier pushing/pulling of carts, where it was not a self powered railway of any sort, it is still an interesting discovery none the less.

These ancient contraptions were not necessarily plagiarized for use in the current world, but most likely just similar thinking leading to similar types of devices.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by atomsmasher
Is it not strange that these interesting articles aren`t more common knowledge, i`m glad we have internet to enlighten us these days

Not to worry...much of this stuff was around in book form as well. "Stranger Than Science", and the Von Daeniken material come immediately to mind.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is a really good video

top topics

<<   2 >>

join