It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Beats 18yo Daughter and Cops Won't let her Leave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is a real incident ongoing... and it's seriously effed up. Any legal experts, opinions would be appreciated.

The situation: An 18yo girl is being abused and physically assaulted by her father. When she tried to leave and go stay with other relatives, the cops wouldn't let her and told the father that he had the right to use force. The man routinely blocks the exit and when she approaches she is thrown on the bed or floor and strangled.

Additionally, the cops said that if anyone tried to help by allowing the girl to stay with them, that he could press kidnapping charges against those who were trying to help.

They said he could do this because she doesn't graduate high school for 3 months. (for you legal pros, the state is Texas).

This is a real effed up situation. F****** authorities are so ridiculous. They are encouraging assault and child abuse (do you still call it that if she is 18? - doesn't really matter the label though. )

Thoughts? Advice?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Thoughts? Not a true or complete story. As an 18 year old she can leave any time she wishes and no "Cop" would force her to stay. Please post the whole story?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Why doesn't someone just get his address and protest outside the house...or why doesn't she call the cops for kidnapping. she's 18 and can't leave. Makes no sense legally.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That makes no sense to me. Even a 12 yr old, if being beaten by a parent, could get help from child protection services. An 18 yr old can do whatever they want. Cops cannot legally force an 18 yr old to live somewhere. Do you have any proof of this at all?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It just happened. It's a true story. If you don't believe me I can't help you. I have no reason to make this up. This is a person I know. Perhaps there was no point in posting here if people are so callous. Actually, perhaps ATS is the wrong place for me online if you can really be like this to such a situation.

I didn't think that was possible either until it happened.

The cops said this was the law because she was enrolled in school.

Whatever though. Screw you guys. I have never hoaxed anything. I don't want any #ing stars or flags. I just asked for some #ing advice. So go # yourselves.

edit on 8-2-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I don't see where anyone was being callous. I also don't see anyone saying outright that they don't believe you. It just makes no sense to me. If she is 18, and the cops are taking her to a house where she is being beaten, then maybe she should contact a higher authority. If these are city cops, she should contact County Sherriffs. If these are county, then she should contact the State Police.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Whatever though. Screw you guys. Just close the thread mods. I"m outta here. I have never hoaxed anything. I don't want any #ing stars or flags. I just asked for some #ing advice. So go # yourselves.

You are the one who is being rude here. Not others. You asked for opinions. You received opinions. Now you are angry?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
just kidnap her, prolem solved. there are ways for her to get away. no high-school diploma is worth eing eaten to get, so just do whats right.... if there is proof of ause, i guaruntee you would e sitting in a holding cell while a few hundred, maybe thousands of people will demand justice. trust me, if you can get the pulic eye there, you will have legions of people to help you

fear nothing, do what is right

and my b key doesnt work unless i smash it, it seems
edit on 8-2-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

link   
Maybe this helps, I don't know - it was just a quick search, but there are some links to look at. You need to be certain she is really 18, before you do anything, or at least, consider that you will be held accountable if she is not. Having said that, do what you feel is right in this situation.

Yahoo link to read
edit on 8-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   
Dude that is why I was asking for legal advice. This is what the city cops DID. That's what they said. I thought it was total bullsh** too. But I ain't a lawyer either. I just want to help out a girl in a really f***** up situation who is scared #less.

Contacting the county office might be a good idea.

I don't concoct stories. I got better things to do.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

What a horrible, outrageous situation!

If you know this to be true, then you yourself can make a report/complaint to children's services. There should be a hotline to report the abuse.

I'm suprised that an 18yr old can be forced to remain at home, but then again, each state has different laws. Could she be almost, but not quite, 18?

Please let us know what happens.
edit on 2/8/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Your making yourself look like your making this up. I don't see anybody saying they didn't believe you, what they're saying is true. It'd just be nice to see this actual story. Obviously you just believed what you heard from a friend though, and not saying he's not being honest, but everyone knows not to believe everything you hear unless you have some sort of proof in situations like this.

You telling us off isn't doing anything but making you look naive and a little defensive.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel

What a horrible, outrageous situation!

If you know this to be true, then you yourself can make a report/complaint to children's services. There should be a hotline to report the abuse.

I'm suprised that an 18yr old can be forced to remain at home, but then again, each state has different laws.

Please let us know what happens.

thanks. I'm trying to figure out something for her to do.

It really is a VERY bad situation.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Maybe she lied to you and she's not really 18 and her dad is tired of her partying with you. He's not beating her either, she's possibly a drama queen and your falling for it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

yeah, that's effed up majorly.
Not to get too off the subject, but here in Kentucky, my18 y.o. daughter wanted to sign herself out of school one day when she was feeling ill. She was told, even though she was 18, she couldn't leave. She had to have her parents sign her out, or HER HUSBAND! How effed up is that? No, she wasn't married, but the officials were just relaying to her the rules.

What's up with an 18 y.o. girl getting terribly physically abused by her father and the po po say it's okay, and if anyone comes to her rescue they get in trouble, too?

I'd hope there's a male relative in the girl's family who is willing to give ole pops a direct beat down for this crap.

And for all the other posters, yeah, this doesn't make sense does it?

edit on 8-2-2011 by kyred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

i do not condone the breaking of laws, but if after you try the higher authorities and nothing can be done... do whats right. she can go back to school, she cant be unbeaten. safety first, then you care about laws and due process

if she is going to have to stay in that house untill the paperwork is filed it might be a month or two before anyone is even sent out. you have to remember, they arent going to be there the next day.

ask her what she wants to do. if she doesnt want to be there, i would gladly take jail-time to get her somewhere safe, even if she had to hide for a while. i am a bleeding heart, however and will unquestionably help someone in a similar situation

if she doesnt want to be there, if it isnt worth the piece of damn paper (diploma) dont let her suffer. the president could say that to take the woman from her house would be treason, and the words out of my mouth would be

"treason this ***holes"

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

She did actually leave but the cops restrained her at the residence when she went back to gather some clothes.
My advice to her so far was to drop out of school and take the ged, so she can circumvent the alleged law the cops were quoting in the situation - that someone enrolled in high school (even at 18 which it thought was bogus) is still basically the property of the current/former legal guardian, in this case her father.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
...just asking some questions... not making any accusations, so dont yell at me, please...

...is she on probation or parole and staying at her father's home is part of the conditions?...

...is she mentally ill and been deemed incapable of living on her own or a threat to herself?...

...did you witness the cops telling her father it was okay for him to beat her and hold her against her will?...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

yeah, that's effed up majorly.
Not to get too off the subject, but here in Kentucky, my18 y.o. daughter wanted to sign herself out of school one day when she was feeling ill. She was told, even though she was 18, she couldn't leave. She had to have her parents sign her out, or HER HUSBAND! How effed up is that? No, she wasn't married, but the officials were just relaying to her the rules.

What's up with an 18 y.o. girl getting terribly physically abused by her father and the po po say it's okay, and if anyone comes to her rescue they get in trouble, too?

I'd hope there's a male relative in the girl's family who is willing to give ole pops a direct beat down for this crap.

And for all the other posters, yeah, this doesn't make sense does it?

edit on 8-2-2011 by kyred because: (no reason given)

Honestly, as much as I generally disdain some of the authorities, I didn't think they would be so lowly or our system was this whacked where they give a green light for assault and abuse.
Unfortunately her family is mostly crap, except for an aunt and a couple of relatives that live out of state. There are no strong male figures. Karma's a bitch though.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

They didn't say it was ok to beat her - just there was no proof so they didn't believe her - which is all too common in domestic abuse cases. They told him he could restrain her from leaving. And no I wasn't there. She was there and her aunt was there, another girl was there and her father.

I was yelling because this is a serious situation and people had the audacity to say I was making it up - which I have NEVER done on this site. I don't need anyone's approval here. I have a real life - was just asking legal advice. I was hoping someone might be on that is familiar with Texas law and could advise me as to the legalities of the situation.

Domestic abuse is not a casual or laughing matter.

Answer to your other questions are no no and no.

It's not like I was claiming that the king of some alien race had a meeting with me in the back yard to determine the future of scientology or something. hell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join