It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA SOHO. Strange Circle Formation For 24 Hours! Febr, 2011. What is this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Remaining in this circle formation for more than 24 hours shows intelligence...

I used the NASA SOHO website located here:

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

Telescope: LASCO C3 Input 20110106 to 20110107

Now that is weird. I think that it is very interesting for them to remain in that formation for such a long period of time...
This time lapse is more than a 24 hour time period...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Great find, RUSSO!

Surely not a star system....
S&F.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It's just a group of stars.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Sorry I cant play the you tube clip because Im at work, but on the SOHO player what am I looking for?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I've never looked at that site before, and I am not going to speculate as to what I think it is.
I just now went there and watched 214 images from 2011-02-06 until 2011-02-08 9:54. I'm not sure what time zone that is in. Anyways, I took a screen shot 2-06 00:00 and another at the end, 2-08 9:54. They are still there, and have moved slightly, but seem to still be in the exact same formation in relation to each other, whatever they are.

Originally posted by Paulos
Sorry I cant play the you tube clip because Im at work, but on the SOHO player what am I looking for?

In the first pic, it is right in the middle near the bottom (6 O'clock area). A semi-circle of 5 of them. Then in the 2nd pic, they are over to right a bit (5 O'clock area). Everything else within the time frame kept moving quite a bit for each pic. Where as with these, I couldn't even tell they were moving at all, until I looked at image 1/214 and then image 214/214.

edit on 2/8/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Sorry, not buying it..

With all the stars etc up there you are going to get random patterns, if you study the sky every night I'm sure you will see whatever you want to see made up of the stars and other junk there.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It's not a very good circle is it? A bit of a rough estimate for an advanced technology!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thanks I see it now

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Listen to what the half asleep commentator says first. its not a circle, its a sort of cirlce type thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If there was a more perfect shape, I'd be less critical.
But these are just stars.

But I will say this:
Now I see how new constellations are spotted!
Just connect stars in some configuration over a period of time.
[I was being highly sarcastic]

Cool beans.
I remember when people called Venus a ufo because it was the brightest thing on the screen.
[facepalm]

edit on 8-2-2011 by havok because: Added a line

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wow, Thats very interesting indeed, especially as all the other objects seem to move and/or disappear but the core 5/6 objects remain fairly stationary right up until the last few images when they too, finally disappear.
How is that possible especially for such a long duration of time?
Can anyone explain?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I truly, and with all my heart wish that NASA would make both SOHO and Stereo off line to anyone without at least a basic understanding of astronomy. That way we would not have to hear about an alien invasion EVERY TIME a planet, asteroid, comet, or other piece of debris passes between the satellite and the sun, and we would not have to hear about how the world was going to end EVERY TIME there is a Solar Flare, CME, it gets hit by solar wind, or fires a correction thruster...

Hey a guy can dream can't he?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I truly, and with all my heart wish that NASA would make both SOHO and Stereo off line to anyone without at least a basic understanding of astronomy. That way we would not have to hear about an alien invasion EVERY TIME a planet, asteroid, comet, or other piece of debris passes between the satellite and the sun, and we would not have to hear about how the world was going to end EVERY TIME there is a Solar Flare, CME, it gets hit by solar wind, or fires a correction thruster...

Hey a guy can dream can't he?

The only person who has mentioned any of what you listed above is you, the guy in the video claimed it could be ufo's but he doesn't know what it is. Jumping the gun like the people you are lashing out at?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

It would be nice!

The funny thing is, all the data and information is available to those who bother to look.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Looks like a group of stars to me, if you look at about 8-o'clock or 250 degrees you can see these two stars that move about the same.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/308a78651f0f.jpeg[/atsimg]
edit on 8-2-2011 by Abductee001 because: to fix picture

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I know I should probably bite my tongue, but here goes.

I find that comment rude, insulting and downright degrading, especially coming from a moderator.

And I also find your post ...OFF TOPIC... did you contribute in any way to the OP? If you are knowledgeable on such things, it probably would have taken you less time to describe this than it would to type out the post that you did.

Now could you please tell us what it is we are looking at thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I know i'm disrupting your thread but can you tell me how to embed the youtube vids?

When i insert the code between
it doesnt work, just brings up blank!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

There's another stationary object NW of the circle on your screen, too.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Corona Borealis
www.ne.jp...
edit on 8-2-2011 by dtower because: added a link

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
two more views from the soho vid, first one looks like a ufo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32daad309999.jpeg[/atsimg]

and the second of that big shooting star
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46b012de8079.jpeg[/atsimg]

<<   2 >>

join