It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this just in something fell from the sky and exploded in kentucky.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endure
Actualy that post was 25 min ago and a second person in richmond is reporting power out too. It appears that maybe he can't tell time, or days

30 mins ago for me but meh.

I"d stipulate that the time is actually this in Kentucky (21:30 presently) that both the OP of this thread and the Topix thread are one in the same due to their exacting of the time being wrong and the radio information which came about in their claims.

Could be wrong though

-m0r

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I'm just trying to find a plausible explanation for the situation at hand. Down in the south on the rare occasion we get snow (of any real substance, sometimes our "snow" is 1/2 inch
), we will have "Thundersnow" as a result of the warm and cold air mixing. Trust me it is a truly odd experience to see lightning streak the sky while snow is falling on you! Though it is unlikely, it is possible an hour south of you they are experiencing lightning with their storm.

It's just that typically the simplest answer is the correct one.
edit on 2/7/2011 by SneakySleuth911 because: Saw that while typing this out, someone posted this was from yesterday.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

DAMMIT!!!! I MISSED IT!!!

You saw it??? Gosh, I hope somebody got in on video!!! I'm not too too far away from Stanford, but I didn't see it

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Lexington here. Nothing odd going on and haven't heard anything either via news or scanners.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by csimon

Originally posted by TheAmused
at around 9:35 pm in stanford kentucky
something fell from the sky flashed so bright is lit up the entire sky a deep blue.
Then knocked all the power out in the entire town.
When radio came back on the local radio station was telling for something fell from the sky and cause the power outage,
This is hot of the press's.....Just happen.
So as soon as i get news or radio anything to back this up i will bring it here first.

posted on 7-2-2011 @ 07:51 PM
How can this happen at 9:35 PM? What am I missing?

i think i dont have my time set right on ats lol
i will have to check that.
i live in eastern zone like right now my clock on wall says 9:32 pm

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I was thinking plane crash since there is bad weather. My entire family are in Paris and Lexington, Ky. Glad to hear all is good at Lexington. I have cousins in Danville - I won't sleep until I know what this is. Going to go read the local Topix - see if anything shows there.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I was thinking plane crash since there is bad weather. My entire family are in Paris and Lexington, Ky. Glad to hear all is good at Lexington. I have cousins in Danville - I won't sleep until I know what this is. Going to go read the local Topix - see if anything shows there.
edit on 7-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: Double post

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Originally posted by kennylee

Originally posted by Bee2010
How long would it normally take before the local papers pick it up?

On the same note : how long would it take for the local papers to be silenced?

It is impossible to silence the news in 2011. There's just way too many blogs , social websites and things like twitter. I mean it not being on a news website , I'm fine with but I google'd this and there isn't a tweet , a facebook update , a blog post or anything of the sort out there according to google which is kind of weird don't you think?

I mean if OP saw something explode in the sky you would think other people would've as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well anyhow, if there is nothing to this than what difference does the time make?? If there is something to this then a correct time frame will come out with the rest of the story.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
how long was the power down for? because if it was anything significant surely it would be down for a lot longer therefore you would be unable to use the internet etc.

Interesting to say the least though, hope to hear more

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If this happened yesterday and not tonight, here is what it possibly could have been.

Truck hits pole nevermind
edit on 7-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If it flashed a brilliant deep blue then it is likely a transfer station that had a short.
This is a common signature of an arcing transfer station plus,
That is why the power went out.

Sorry but no ufo's, this has been mistaken before, near a school recently can't remember where.
Even a witness said he saw a ufo but it just likely ball electricity bouncing between high electrical lines.

oh well here we go again.

edit on 7-2-2011 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Am waiting for a news report now. Maybe something like a bunch of skydivers with blue flares, having a mid-air collision with a weather balloon that had fireworks strapped to it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
It seems this event happened last night. Bright blue light in sky

whoa!
take another look at this link, this happened last night and tonight!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

.... When radio came back on the local radio station was telling for something fell from the sky and cause the power outage ....

Can this be confirmed? Did the station just speculate or do they know for fact that something "fell from the sky"? If something fell then can that something be picked up/collected? Someone with a truck drive out to the scene quick!

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just got info from a friend in Lancaster (Garrard County) that her power is out as well. I'm in Rockcastle and power is fine here.

Blue does sound like a transformer. Would one transformer affect three different counties? I have very little knowledge of the subject. I just know they flash blue when they blow because I've seen it happen.

I mentioned helicopters all over the place yesterday. NONE today, but then again, it has been VERY overcast and raining for most of the day and then started snowing just before dark. Even the medical choppers don't get out on a day like today.

I heard a loud boom around 2:00 P.M. EST, but I think that was just the redneck neighbors doing whatever it is they do, lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
here in the uk about 12 noonish we had a power outage for 5minutes all the shops started closing up, haven't had one in over 2years

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If I, or anybody else can come up with EXACTLY where this happened, I'll happily jump in my car with camera and video camera in hand, and drive to Stanford RIGHT NOW! I don't want to get out in this mess because of a blown transformer but if it's something other than that, I'll jump at the chance to go have a look!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I heard a loud boom around 2:00 P.M. EST, but I think that was just the redneck neighbors doing whatever it is they do, lol.

Yeah, sorry about that, I will claim that boom. I was blowing my water heater up.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Must have been lightening blowing a transformer or substation. There is a severe weather alert for the area after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join