It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this just in something fell from the sky and exploded in kentucky.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I can find nothing on this at all.
How long would it normally take before the local papers pick it up?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If the sky flashed blue, then I am going to guess that it's a transformer that blew out. The other possibility is that a bolide (a meteorite) fell in and hit something; however, it's pretty rare that they do any significant damage and almost never land where they are seen falling (normally they land hundreds of miles away).

Funny though as I just got finished watching “The Blob” on cable...

If its a meteor don't go poking at it with a stick.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

You posted at 7:51..
It's now as I type 9:12.
How did it 'just happen at 9:35'??
Is Stanford in its own time zone?
Please clarify.

link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Originally posted by csimon
posted on 7-2-2011 @ 07:51 PM
How can this happen at 9:35 PM? What am I missing?

The fact that you live in the mid-West; probably by about 2 timezones to the West of Kentucky?

That or the Matrix just glitched.

-m0r

I live in Central time... only one hour behind the OP, and it is currently 8:13 my time. This would make it at latest 9:13 in Kentucky, unless this event opened some weird time rift.

For now, lets assume the OP is being honest, and that in the midst of everything typed a '9' instead of an '8' although I truly doubt anything of substance will come from this.

Until this can be confirmed/debunked we should give the OP some leeway.

link   
I am just off Fort Knox and I hear jet activity in the direction of Stanford. It is wierd though it sounds like jets up high, but muffled and the sound cuts in and out. We have alot of snow on the ground and some cloud cover so i can't see anything, and maybe that is affecting the sound.

Edited to add that a transformer was the first thing that came to my mind too, but that makes me wonder why the op was so sure it fell from the sky.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Endure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If you're telling the truth, and think it has something to do with an object that is not "normal" you have a distinct requirement as a truth seeker.

Get three friends, and go to the site. No excuses. Video cameras and digital cameras are encouraged. Otherwise, don't bother with it.
This may sound blunt and demanding, but I'm actually helping you out. If this is a strange object, its a once in a life time chance to see it. Take this chance now.

I understand that you may not be sure where is crashed, but you have a general idea

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Cool,

Let us know what's up.

Just FYI don't know if this is near you but last year in this same time frame was a "fireball" over KY. The source is an Amateur Astronomers Blog but he does cite reports from what seem to be credible people who witnessed the event.

Feb 13th Kentucky Fireball

The fireball was seen sometime between 9:50 and 10:15 pm on the evening of Feb 13. It has been described as being blue, green, orange and white. It is easily possible that the fireball changed color as it flew through the upper atmosphere. Many people in Kentucky reported a sonic boom that shook homes. The sound was created by the small asteroid or satellite that created the fireball as it traveled through the atmosphere. At that time the fireball was probably located 20-50 miles up.

Don’t know if this is common in your area or not; also as for helicopters in formation – how close are you to Fort Campbell?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
If the sky flashed blue, then I am going to guess that it's a transformer that blew out.

ZING! I think we have a winner. This seems the most plausible especially with the reports of storms in the area. Not very uncommon with big storms, especially if this is a rural area like described, it would most likely be the largest metal object in the area.

Still going to give the OP a little longer, but I honestly think you nailed it.

Good job defcon!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

I am fairly certain that 7:15 is your local time. Where you see 7:15 I see 9:15. It is a bit confusing at first.

I hope everyone is ok and no one is hurt. Like another poster said it may be a blown transformer. I remember seeing one blow up at night before and the colours from it are pretty neat.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It seems this event happened last night. Bright blue light in sky

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I live in Louisville,ky,time is now 9:19 pm. Sounds like a transformer blew.I have seen them many times and the emit a blue light and load explosion accompanied by power outtage.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakySleuth911

Originally posted by defcon5
If the sky flashed blue, then I am going to guess that it's a transformer that blew out.

ZING! I think we have a winner. This seems the most plausible especially with the reports of storms in the area. Not very uncommon with big storms, especially if this is a rural area like described, it would most likely be the largest metal object in the area.

Still going to give the OP a little longer, but I honestly think you nailed it.

Good job defcon!

It is just a winter weather advisory. 1 to 3 inches of snow.. No thunder and no lightning. If a transformer blew it would not be weather related. I live about an hour north of there..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
Hopefully, it isn't something like Transformer or Battle of LA.
Keep us update, homie.

Ironically, it appears you may be correct.. It might have been transformers after all!! lol

Unless it is the Blob as Defcon5 posted, in which case it gives a scary new meaning to KY Jelly... Oo

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

That clears things up a little, so it looks like this is a day late?
Must be an explanation out there somewhere by now.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Good Find. It seems the OP is reporting news a day late...Nothing to see here...Geezzz

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You would think so, but so far nothing has been reported. Maybe the army has this in hush hush mode.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Please name counties around area...
I have a scanner app.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abductee001

Actualy that post was 25 min ago and a second person in richmond is reporting power out too. It appears that maybe he can't tell time, or days

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Man, I am in Fayette.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Good Find. It seems the OP is reporting news a day late...Nothing to see here...Geezzz

So this can't be anything significant just because the thread's a day late?

Originally posted by Bee2010
How long would it normally take before the local papers pick it up?

On the same note : how long would it take for the local papers to be silenced?

Originally posted by 12voltz
Its just planet x or Nibiru,A lot of people disappointed "We expected it to be much bigger" says one bewildered resident

Hahah, awesome.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join