It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Going On in Antarctica - Strange Anomalies!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Being interested in what is going on in Antarctica lead me to this article. It appears to be asking many unanswered questions about the Vostoc Lake area in particular the strange anomolies going on at McMurdo Base/Station.

Lots to get your conspiracy teeth into like how 3 Scientists died including one of the Russion Scientists who was the discoverer of a set of geometric dunes over the Vostoc Anomaly?

Why Doctors were being extracted due to Medical Emergencies under the worst weather possible?

A member of the team becoming disorientated?

It's an extremely interesting article demanding attention. I'm sure there are many on ATS would love to get their teeth into all this like why did Nasa have to take over their findings.

If you look about two thirds of the way down the page you'll get the nitty gritty stuff. Enjoy and let the experts begin.

www.enterprisemission.com...

By all means Mods - move this to the right place if I have it wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here's another link to add to this:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The NSA's interest about the anomoly apparenly as far back as the 1990's.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll read that one - I think it's facinating!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
star and flag from as im at work atm will go back later and read the link you have provided thanks will get back to you with my thoughts on the subject

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

The article is from 10 years ago. Have you done any follow up research on this that will give us more info on this?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by karmajayne
star and flag from as im at work atm will go back later and read the link you have provided thanks will get back to you with my thoughts on the subject

Will look forward to that -

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Nice bit of creative writing and not too hard to believe.

I've got nothing...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by comody88

The article is from 10 years ago. Have you done any follow up research on this that will give us more info on this?

If you are interested by all means do it. I am!
I present the article for your interest and considering the secrecy surounding anything going on in the region - surely that's why this is called a conspiracy site.
We're still researching anomalies from much further back than 10 years.
Not easy!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think that if you read here:
antarcticsun.usap.gov...

You'll see that its pretty much business as normal down there.
edit on 2/6/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Here's another link to add to this:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The NSA's interest about the anomoly apparenly as far back as the 1990's.

A final note is a verified dispatch out of Casey Station (AU). The pair of women adventurers who were attempting to ski across the continent last month, and were extracted by plane during the last leg of their trip, did NOT request the intervention.

Over the protests of the Australian crew at Casey, the two were airlifted via an extraordinary 48 hour flight by a USN Special Forces team out of American Samoa. According to the dispatch the women were insistent on reporting something unusual they had seen. The latest news reports have the pair resting in "seclusion".

Good snippets in that link - will re read it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thats 2001, it's now 2011; anything else come out of the area in the past 10 years?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Here is a site by and for civilian contractors in Antarctica, very interesting stuff going on down there, especially the work on neutrinos.
www.bigdeadplace.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Excellent resource to get behind the mindset of people working there. I read the testimony of a guy who went on a 'mad mission' to climb a mountain way outside the ordinary perimeter of the town, and he says some pretty incredible things. In fact, the interviewer asks some pretty odd questions too. Almost like they're hinting at something 'beyond the normal' which they both have an understanding of.

INTERVIEWER:
So you’d been up for thirty hours at this time?

RESPONDENT:
Thirty hours or more. It was probably about 1 or 2 in the afternoon on Sunday at that time. Then I got a little bit of enthusiasm, and I walked all the way around the rim. About half way around on the other side, there was no trail, and the terrain began to get a little odd, with rough terrain. And that’s where all the fumaroles were. Coming up in all strange shapes, and by now I’m in full hallucination mode. And they looked like creatures moving. This was a continuation: I definitely had this feeling there was something else there, and I was being watched. And whatever entity was watching was, at the very best, neutral. The most optimistic was neutral. That it didn’t give a damn whether I lived or died. But sometimes it was slightly hostile. The very best feeling I had was that it didn’t care at all.

INTERVIEWER:
Did you have other thoughts about it being worse? What was the worst you thought of it?

RESPONDENT:
There were times when I could feel a sense of: “What are you doing here?”

INTERVIEWER:
Do you think it’s possible that the universe is malevolent?

continued:

RESPONDENT:
Basically, yes. I think it’s at best neutral, and somewhat of a “if you think you’re good enough, then try it, but it’s a little bit of a challenge.” I’ve kind of always had that impression of the universe. It’s not an immensely warm-hearted welcoming one. Though when I saw the full moon above the crater, there was a slight touch of a semi-welcome, a slight gesture of a friendliness…

INTERVIEWER:
Maybe it was taunting you…

RESPONDENT:
I think it may have been a tease. A bait.

Here's a bit from earlier in the interview:

RESPONDENT:
As I kept climbing, there were rocks and boulders, and many of them resembled human shapes. Somebody is watching me. I had a feeling that somebody, or something, was watching me. That there was some other presence there.

He describes how he was hallucinating, seeing figures due to tiredness and extertion. However, having spent over 72 hours awake myself, I know that even those tiredness hallucinations don't usually extend to what he later calls 'a 24hr acid trip'...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That is the oddest interview I have ever seen. It sounds more like something you would hear during the debriefing phase of an experiment.

I am interested and will read these links which you have provided as soon as I get home.

Thank you for posting this interesting information.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sounds a wee bit like "The Thing" but on a serious note great op.
Definitely something strange going down.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hiya.
As pointed out, the article the OP linked to is 10 years old.
But, coincidently today on the Fortean Times website in their 'breaking news' section they provide a link to today's update on the story.

www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre7135mb-us-russia-antarctica-lake/

Seems the Russkies are about to break through. Very exciting even without any paranormal connections.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
im very interested in this havn't had a chance to read all of it but its got me thinking inangine if there was an underground anicent civilisation kind of far fetched if you ask me but if it were tru that would be amazing will reprt back later when i have finished reading the link

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
Hiya.
As pointed out, the article the OP linked to is 10 years old.
But, coincidently today on the Fortean Times website in their 'breaking news' section they provide a link to today's update on the story.

www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre7135mb-us-russia-antarctica-lake/

Seems the Russkies are about to break through. Very exciting even without any paranormal connections.

Do you really believe they have JUST broken through the ice - with their modern technology after all this time. I certainly don't.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Would a laser have been too destructive???

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muza1875

?Have you read At the mountains of madness by H.P. Lovecraft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join