It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Object To Approach Earth Feb 4th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Newly Discovered Object To Approach Earth Feb 4th

coupmedia.org

The newly discovered object, officially designated 2011 CQ1, will make a close Earth approach today February 04, 2011 around 19:40UT at ~0.03(LD)/0.00008(AU) or 11855 km.

2011 CQ1 has been discovered by R. A. Kowalski few hours ago in the course of the "Catalina Sky Survey" with a 0.68-m Schmidt + CCD. The object was moving at roughly 6 "/min and it was of magnitude ~19. According to its absolute magnitude H=32 this is a very small object, in the order of 2-3 meters.

Just few hours after his discovery, we have been able to follow-up this object using remotely a 0.35-m f/3.8 refl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here is a close one, what do you think it is folks? Meteorites, comets, alien spaceship squadron, Jesus, Mohammed, Nibiru, Blue Star Kachina, is this the comet those guys in Nikes should have caught? --- Is the end already here? Either go to a bunker and hide or take your cams outside and film the sky. I wish I could see it now, can anyone confirm or see in now? If it’s dark look outside.

coupmedia.org

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
2-3 meters?

Puh-leeze, that's not much bigger than some dogs!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Its all of the above coming in for one final Battle Royale. Its on Pay-Per-View, check your local listings for showtimes. HD costs another $5.00, but it will be worth it.

Honestly, probably nothing. Seeing as how its already 4/5 in other parts of the world, I think we get out of this one okay.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolhanddan

Here is a close one, what do you think it is folks? Meteorites, comets, alien spaceship squadron, Jesus, Mohammed, Nibiru, Blue Star Kachina, is this the comet those guys in Nikes should have caught? --- Is the end already here? Either go to a bunker and hide or take your cams outside and film the sky. I wish I could see it now, can anyone confirm or see in now? If it’s dark look outside.

coupmedia.org

Being only 2-3 meters across, I doubt we'll see it from earth unless it enters the atmosphere. Even then, I doubt it's anything important. There's probably billions of pieces of random debris in space that we haven't detected yet like this one.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I cant help but notice that they first discover this object, the day its spose to pass us, not 7 days before or more, but the actual day.

scary

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolutionsof2011
2-3 meters?

Oh yeah... I remember when I was young when my 3 metre dog chewed up the car outside... memory's.... sigh

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
www.wired.com...

Another version of the story, it already passed us by. It was the size of a small car and actually passed in the zone geosynchronous sattelites sit in. It didn't hit anything though.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

Wow. They have technology to spot a 9 foot object whirling in space but they still can't find bin Laden! Amazing!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glowstickk
I cant help but notice that they first discover this object, the day its spose to pass us, not 7 days before or more, but the actual day.

scary

Be fair, the thing is only 3 meters!
The fact that they spotted it at all with any lead time is impressive.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Its my pizza delivery guy, they have the bestest Za in the galaxy!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolutionsof2011
2-3 meters?

Only if your dog is red....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ce2b37a08fb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Ah,but can your pizza guy do the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ?

edit on 4-2-2011 by Cygnus_Hunter because: forgot 2nd line smiley

top topics

join