It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I know ANW is not allowed as a source and im not wanting to break the house rules, mods pls delete if you need to but, i need to ask this

Allnewsweb (2 hours ago) My conclusions on your video are irrefutable. You may fool others, but I myself was once a manager at Haaretz Newspaper in Tel Aviv-and this is just really bad acting...if one knows hebrew, and isnt a 16 year old. The UFO segment is clearly disjointed from the rest of the video-you can actually see the cut point. Why is their a cut point Yuli? The UFO segment was lifted off a Israeli video uploading site and fused with this crappy attempt at acting and the offensive act of taking a leak towards the Temple Mount which truly offends me as a Jew myself.

what is this scumbag on about ?

does anyone know what this Israeli video uploading site is hes raving on about ?

Im not wanting to promote MC or his crappy site, just the opposite, i think hes one of this genres biggest twits and does every hard working researcher a dis-service with his dis-info.

Again mods sincere apoligies in advance if ive crossed a line, delete if you wish.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hairycookiemunster
reply to post by Kali74

possible new info? more evidence?

Evidence of what? Cyberstalking? I agree. So let me guess if he has an interest in UFO's that confirms it's a hoax right? Goodness I can only imagine what will happen when a user of a UFO/Alien Forum catches the mother of all UFO videos filmed up close in broad daylight with a HD camera and rightfully puts it on Youtube for the world to see as opposed to being laughed out of a local TV station or taken advantage of by a famous "ufologist". "HOAX HOAX HOAX they were interested in something not "normal" first!"

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
What does his FB have to do with anything? Honestly...

Eligael did NOT record the video 1, which he claims to in his youtube video description.

On his facebook wall someone asks in response to the youtube video posted on his wall (video 1) if he filmed it, he replies "my friend".

On his wife's facebook page, she is also asked if who filmed it, she responds

Nao Tel, foi um amigo do Gali. Nao e incrivel?

which translates to

Tel (the guy who asked) No, it was a friend of Gali. Is not it amazing?

One of eligael's friends page is here
His interests is photoshop and adobe after effects
edit on 4-2-2011 by DeboWilliams because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I understand that miss use and overuse of the Internet contributes to the growing depletion of the ozone layer, which I'm sure many Americans are feeling right now with the unruly weather, which is actually not nice worldwide at the moment.

The continuation of this thread is not helping! The Jerusalem video has been proved to be a fake, and thats the end of it...however the Wailing Wall sighting is still under examination...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DeboWilliams

So do we have the wrong FB and harassing the wrong people? haha I hope not I sent a friend request.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

i know that, but its still more info into a stale investigation

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlaska

Who are you and where is your proof of this?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud

So do we have the wrong FB and harassing the wrong people? haha I hope not I sent a friend request.

He is friends with Yuli, Michael, Dor, the kids that recorded the other video.

Oh yea, he's also friends with This guy, Dror

who'se website here has him listed as a director

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

And vid 3 was posted by an account called 50nfit on the 30th of jan, again this could be the person who admitted his video was fake

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

Well I'm no expert, but how do you fake the light wrapping around buildings and casting shadows on the streets. I mean I guess there is a way but I think this would bring the skill level way up of a hoaxer if you ask me?

I did it to get more experienced people than myself to take a look, if nothing than nothing. But I do think there is something there???

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

My understanding is he made friends with them after the event, suggesting they "need to talk"
were they all in this together from the start, youd think he would just phone them, not publically make a friend request and ask to talk where all can see.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Thanks man I am not in shape to do much atm haha. Yea i could see them making vid 4. I will look into your findings as they come.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

nice find okay I see what you mean. Thanks for clearing that up. I was just like hmm is he showing the building dont have light on one side or am i suppose to see something different. Wasnt sure you never said what to look for just arrows.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Nicely put, well researched, im interested in what DB has to say about this, i do hope he continues to contribute his expertise to the case

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

well put, i have been interested in UFO's since i was 5 years old and read chariots of the gods, i carry a digital cam whenever i leave the house on the chance i might see and thus capture footage.
If im lucky enough to do so, will my interest make what i film a hoax ?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Has anyone posted a translation of what was said in the first video ? I've not been following this thread and I don't feel like looking through 80+ pages .

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I went back and put my intentions. I got in too much of a hurry to post and forgot the frame numbers too......oh well.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
He's been friends with Dror since Oct 2009 who works for a film company as a director

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
hi all

just checking back in to reply to any comments. FYI, i posted the follwoing thread on page 59

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In summary, I show in quite some detail why it was a hoax. Some points;

* the bright light does not reveal any new structural info in the darker regions of the image
* the streak is synthetic
* a model based on an 8 degree gaussian function can be used to create the flash burst. I later remembered that there is a thing called "Gaussian Blur" and explains why this particular function fit the dodge pattern the best (R2=0.999). AMAZING! pure reverse engineering

* i am going to deploy the software used to debunk these vids so we can have more people debunking videos that clearly fall over at the first hurdle in a timely manner.

RUSSO also posted out a source which pretty much says the same thing as i did, but not in as much quantitative detail as me.;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally, the analysis I presented in my first contribution would be sufficient to declare this as a hoax in a formal medium (like court of law, scientific publication, etc). The detail is sufficient and the reasoning is conclusive. The ATS mods are quite inconsistent in their criteria for hoax, hence we see a number of ATS threads on a variety of matters containing conclusive evidence of a hoax but are not labelled hoax for certain reasons. Im ok with this, it provides a place for the fantasy to live.

I will now make some comments on the widespread penetration of this footage. I came across these vids last week and pretty quickly identified features that convinced me it was a hoax. I dismissed it quite quickly, i thought it would die a natural death. Instead, whilst paying very close attention to the Cyclone Yasi media coverage (as it happened), I started to see these vids pop up on the news bullitens of pretty much every Aus FTA channel. It closely followed content from egypt and the cyclone disaster itself. The headline read "experts are struggling to explain this UFO footage form Jeruslam", then adding religous connotations to the story. I thought to myself, does this expert discussion exist? could they name such persons and their credentials? My intuition told me NO, its bull5h1t. There was no expert analysis, particularly one supporting the credibility of the footage. This was classic ABC mediawatch worthy journalism, it was systemic to all FTA networks. This really pissed me off, it did not belong in the same airspace as the cyclone coverage.

So over the course of the day I wrote the software to analyse the footage. I did not pay any attention to any commentary on the issue. I just looked at the basic elements of the footage itself, the actual pixels, a completely objective approach to the problem. No audio, no eerie music, just the numbers. Pretty quickly I found enough features (or lack of) to convince me to the point of not going any further because it was a forgery.

There are some comments here pointing out these kids, men, woman are sitting back having a good laugh. They sure would be. It dawned on me that we need to have quicker turnaround of analysis of potentially genuine UFO footage. Particularly the ones that fall over at the first hurdle. The appearance of fake ships in the media doesnt do many people any favours

edit on 4-2-2011 by pezza because: spellign

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Ask and you shall receive

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join