It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

again you are saying that you dont know for certain but I should probably just accept it is a hoax?
i have read 50 pages and tbh the same debunk vids kept getting repeated, i am looking for the definitive proof either way, again just an open mind to it, i have seen orbs (about 7 in formation) in the sky that could not be human, the man sitting next to me in the car saw them too, at the time he admitted that it was very strange and could not be explained, if you ask him now he says "they cant be real, there has to be an explination" well there we are in a nutshell, although he knows what he saw his mind wont allow him to believe his eyes

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
OK, here's an analogy for you.

Take anything you like, for this example I'm choosing Darwins Origin of Species.
Its a pretty accepted scientific text. It has flaws, it was the birth of evolution, and evolution as a science (as all good sciences should) has itself evolved since then.
But the fundamentals of the science are there in that book.

You are asking for 1 sentence from the whole book that proves Evolution.
That is impossible.

The evidence for evolution is the ENTIRE BOOK. The whole book together is what puts the case together for evolution. There isn't just 1 sentence that stands as the absolute proof.
That's how cases are put together. By gathering numerous pieces of evidence and putting them together in a compelling case.

The compelling case in this instance is 200 pages of analysis.

If you wished to debunk Evolution you'd have to do more than just pick 1 sentence in Origin of Species.
If you wished to debunk the findings of Hoax you have to do more than dismiss 1 piece of evidence.
You have to dismiss ALL of IT. You should also do so with the same thoroughness that those who posted that evidence did.

Anything less and you're just flapping your gums and proving yourself to be a Fundamentalist believer.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

It went over your head, even Stevie Wonder can see it is a Hoax

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RexTheNavigator
reply to post by m0r1arty

again you are saying that you dont know for certain but I should probably just accept it is a hoax?
i have read 50 pages and tbh the same debunk vids kept getting repeated, i am looking for the definitive proof either way, again just an open mind to it, i have seen orbs (about 7 in formation) in the sky that could not be human, the man sitting next to me in the car saw them too, at the time he admitted that it was very strange and could not be explained, if you ask him now he says "they cant be real, there has to be an explination" well there we are in a nutshell, although he knows what he saw his mind wont allow him to believe his eyes

No you didn't see orbs. I have read all of your post above and claim it not to be true based on no evidence whatsoever just a gut feeling that you didn't. Not only that but the man in the car next to you was a part time gigolo employed by you as your sex aid and I can't ask him now because he only exists in your imagination.

Does that seem fair to you?

Because that is what you are saying to everyone who put work and effort into the claims that these videos were hoaxed only they are supplying more than a little anecdote about their imaginary employed lover to do so.

I hope you see the difference between your story which only exists in your head and the mountain of evidence which you are open to dispute in detail, available in this very thread, when you can say more than 'wah - not fair, foo-fee, foo-fee' as a counter argument.

Please - I look forward to your stating these things could be falsely labelled hoaxes, in fact I long for it, but it will take more than a gut feeling to make that happen on any level outside of your imagination.

You are insulting everyone who made your life possible up until this point by refusing to accept this whilst utilising global communications technology to do so.

On the shoulders of giants (even Enoch ones if need be).

-m0r

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by faustus
OK, here's an analogy for you.

Take anything you like, for this example I'm choosing Darwins Origin of Species.
Its a pretty accepted scientific text. It has flaws, it was the birth of evolution, and evolution as a science (as all good sciences should) has itself evolved since then.
But the fundamentals of the science are there in that book.

You are asking for 1 sentence from the whole book that proves Evolution.
That is impossible.

The evidence for evolution is the ENTIRE BOOK. The whole book together is what puts the case together for evolution. There isn't just 1 sentence that stands as the absolute proof.
That's how cases are put together. By gathering numerous pieces of evidence and putting them together in a compelling case.

The compelling case in this instance is 200 pages of analysis.

If you wished to debunk Evolution you'd have to do more than just pick 1 sentence in Origin of Species.
If you wished to debunk the findings of Hoax you have to do more than dismiss 1 piece of evidence.
You have to dismiss ALL of IT. You should also do so with the same thoroughness that those who posted that evidence did.

Anything less and you're just flapping your gums and proving yourself to be a Fundamentalist believer.

no I am not as you say "a fundamentalist believer" i am simply not willing to accept "we believe its a hoax so you should too" just because we have 200 pages of analasys does not mean it has been resolved.

please post the most compelling debunk here, thats all i ask, simple.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalbeck
This topic is really exciting and I have to support the believers because I don't think it IS a proven hoax. Who's to say this is a hoax. Ok, there is no evidence being a real event but also no proof it is a hoax. In democracy times, why don't we start a poll (don't know if it's possible on ATS) and count how many people there are on which side and if it's more believers putting this thread back into the actual discussion forum. I can't get rid of the feeling that there are (besides the real debunkers and non-believers) some dis-info agents as you would call it among us

You did a hell of a job on your hoax, but sooner or later you would have been exposed. No book deal, no Coast To Coast story telling either. You really thought your mistakes were just going to go unnoticed? Well it worked for several days, sometimes the the most obvious sits in front of your face d0es it n0t?

What program did you use?

Did you guys rehearse before the hoax or just freestyle?

edit on 8-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

no I am not as you say "a fundamentalist believer" i am simply not willing to accept "we believe its a hoax so you should too" just because we have 200 pages of analasys does not mean it has been resolved.

Sorry to see I wasted my time.
You want the 1 sentence in the Origin of Species that proves Evolution.
You are clearly not prepared to read the whole book.

If you are not prepared to read the book, why on earth should I be prepared to discuss its findings with you?
Makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The quote below is the most compelling debunk of the fact these videos are mislabelled as hoaxes

As you can see the person trying to make the claim in no way shape or form actually tried to validate their argument and instead hopes for someone else to supply the evidence to them so they may 'debunk' singular piece from the many others supporting it Classic disinfo tactic.

A genuine debunker of the claim that these are correctly labelled as hoaxes would strive to support their argument with meticulous study, rousing claims and then supportive evidence for which they would be thanked by many for the original and concise efforts.

So there we have it the most compelling debunk is indeed your own. For it has nothing but a lazy opinion to support it whilst the other people attempting debunking applied effort, scrutiny and skill and took flack all the whilst doing it to arrive on top at this moment in time.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

post the most conclusive proof from the mountain of evidence then.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

post the most conclusive proof from the mountain of evidence then.

LOL!

You are reading it; It's this thread!!!1!

Seriously, are you for real?

-m0r

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RexTheNavigator

It is posted in this thread, you want to be lazy about it then we cant help you. Start by page 1 and then make your way to page 2, and read ALL the responses up until here then come back and we can talk.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Sorry to see I wasted my time.
You want the 1 sentence in the Origin of Species that proves Evolution.
You are clearly not prepared to read the whole book.

If you are not prepared to read the book, why on earth should I be prepared to discuss its findings with you?
Makes no sense.

because I know evolution is real and there is plenty contradictory views to that alone, adam and eve are the hoax in that scenario, stevie wonder can see THAT, but i also know light anomalies & orbs exist again which has its nemesis in the hoaxer, i have probably seen 95% hoax to 5% genuine in my time, all i am askin here is show me it is a fake beyond doubt or admit that we do not yet know for absolute certain either way.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
If video 1 is a hoax, which it looks like it is, then any other videos that appeared later of this 'event' are also hoaxed.
edit on 8-2-2011 by mirare because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Evolution is irrelevant, this is not about your beliefs or lack there of, this is fact finding and about SOLVING something. That something is a hoax, the information is IN THIS THREAD. Please read what the thread has to offer. It exposes this hoax for what it is, not for what it is not.

It has been determined as a HOAX, what part of that do you not get?

Yes it is a hoax

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

It is posted in this thread, you want to be lazy about it then we cant help you. Start by page 1 and then make your way to page 2, and read ALL the responses up until here then come back and we can talk.

I got to page 50 (for the 5th time), did the evidence appear after that, what i saw till that point was not convincing, there must have been a better case put forward since then...no?
please do not post why you think i should do it myself and back your stance up with undeniable facts..please.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Evolution is irrelevant, this is not about your beliefs or lack there of, this is fact finding and about SOLVING something. That something is a hoax, the information is IN THIS THREAD. Please read what the thread has to offer. It exposes this hoax for what it is, not for what it is not.

It has been determined as a HOAX, what part of that do you not get?

Yes it is a hoax

it has been determined to be a hoax but not proved to be a hoax, how does that happen, where is the concrete evidence..

someone please post it if only to shut me up..

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I got to page 50 (for the 5th time), did the evidence appear after that, what i saw till that point was not convincing, there must have been a better case put forward since then...no?
please do not post why you think i should do it myself and back your stance up with undeniable facts..please.

Thanks for confirming in public that you haven't bothered looking at the evidence for Hoax.

The end.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Okay... sorry for not being able to jump in on this until this evening. I was traveling on business last week, and as a result, my weekend belonged to Mrs. Overlord.

Of the four videos, the "fourth" is the most intriguing to me... and shows little if any evidence of tampering or fabrication (in my opinion).

For reference, I obtained a decent quality original of the video using "keepvid.com" and have made it available here:
temple-ufo-4.mov (12 mb).

I've also applied some stabilization to the important sequences of the two flashes and the ascent of the "object" here in this animated GIF to preserve clarity:

Stills of the image were increased by 200% with no pixel distortion.

Here is what I see:

While I'd like to have a much better quality original, there does appear to be an indication that light from the object is having an effect on the surroundings, consistent with the objects motion and "flashes."

Now, it's certainly possible that someone skilled with desktop video software could produce this, but the effects are subtle -- someone creating hoaxes tends not to be so subtle.

There it is.

If there are definitive aspects debunking this video that I've missed -- I'm sorry. I haven't been able to read this entire thread in one evening.

Meanwhile back on page 135...

link   

Thanks for confirming in public that you haven't bothered looking at the evidence for Hoax.

The end.

thanks for confiming that you cannot produce undeniable proof.

You end

link   

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by manmental

Hi, I too have worked in the TV & video industry, and now work in a University where the latest video techniques are taught up to Masters Degree level.

Anyone who is familiar with programs like Avid or Adobe After Effects, and the technique of compositing will understand how easy something like this is to fake- someone posted earlier that 'the amount of effort required to hoax this would be huge'- not so. Its actually very simple, and I see our students doing things like this or better everyday.

I have said before, I am a believer and have had my own UFO experience, and I really wish it were real, but I there is no doubt in my mind that this is a fake. The main obvious error is during the flashes but there are others. I think some people have made up there minds this is real, and no matter what they are told, they will continue to say so. I would just say that this type of 'belief' gives much ammunition to debunkers as to how 'believers' will fall for anything, and are laughing hard right now.

So can you reproduce one of these multi angled movies for us?

new topics

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join