It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DeboWilliams

I haven't read too much in to the utah case, i haven't heard of any debunking attempts, im guessing it must be true footage? There has been much evidence to us "Reverse Engineering" the alien crafts, half the time i think that the ones flying around now have humans inside, nothing would surprise me anymore to be honest.

But very true, we could just be experiencing something we're not used to and the human race has been moulded to fear what is not in our every day life. I have so many theories on whats going on in the world right now, the Illuminati, the Annanuki (Lizard Hybrids) and 2012, its all coming together slowly, the world is one big game of chess to them. I won't bother you with them lol.

I strongly agree with you on that one, if they were going to create this world of illusion, you would think, with the technology they have now, the video would be perfectly masked, truly a childish mistake, if only they were so lazy on other theories like 9/11, then maybe we'd shed some light on the truth!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

I think you misunderstand- we are not debating the UFO phenomenon as a whole- just these videos. I agree that YouTube resolution makes that difficult, but I think there is much to be gained in the UFO field from separating the genuine from the hoaxed, which I think this is.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams

This should put things into perspective. What was shown or seen in the webcam isnt the same as these videos, BECAUSE IT DIDNT ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

It's fake people, get over it and move on, seriously.
edit on 3-2-2011 by DeboWilliams because: (no reason given)

Is there a globe/light at the same time and on the same night the hoax video was shot caught on a weather cam?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Okay, I'm new. I found this while researching this footage. I don't know a lot about the rules of etiquette, or any of that, so I apologize in advance if I come off rude or anything, and I hope that this won't be instantly deleted.

Anyway, I've been flipping through this thread, and I didn't read ALL of it, so I apologize if I'm preaching to the choir, but c'mon... remarks about the level of skill it would posses to hoax this video and things like that? I parodied this video (albeit crudely) in about ten minutes, using the exact same photo backplate that was stolen from wikipedia by the original hoaxers.
www.youtube.com...

I'm a believer in the possibility of UFO activity. I'll get that right out there. However, I am a skeptic, and this is maybe the only time I have ever known, without a shadow of a doubt, that these videos were faked. It took very little skill to fake them. This isn't 1990, we have Adobe After Effects, Anime Studio, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and the list goes on and on and on. This was a relatively easy operation. In the one video with the man standing over the skyline. Besides the fact that you can find the exact skyline in google image search, the skyline and the foreground occasionally go 'off' from each other. If you motion track that, you'll see:
www.youtube.com...

This is a hoax and not a very good one to be honest. You can see the lines from the lcd screen they filmed for godsakes.

I believe the process they used was something along the lines of:
After Effects or some similar program used to animate the UFOs, and in some of the videos things in the foreground. Then to make it more realistic they filmed the computer screen or a television monitor with a low fi camera phone or something of that nature. Throw some sound dubbing, and very unrealistic hilariously bad dialogue and voila, you have thousands of virgins debating whether this is real or not.

-k

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
This is driving me crazy. This is REAL. Quit looking at clips online and start doing good with your life so we may have a chance in hell to meet them.

Victors area 51 interview is very very real too, and I believe we have #ed up big time. It saddens me greatly. They have been here for a long time now, the sooner we can get past that, the sooner we can understand what we need to do and how we need to do it. When it all starts to click, you'll realize we truly are a pathetic species. Our world powers #ed us. All we had to do was get along and be happy.

I did not even read any of the 100 pages of useless info people have to say, so I could care less if this is real or not. But I believe anything is possible, so when it comes down to it nobody here knows if it is real or not, they can tell you they do, but they don't.

I Agree with you that aliens have been here for a long time, and society is hung up on this, we are indeed a pathetic species, we let our leaders design society so that only they benefit from our expenses.

That is all we have to do, get along and be happy, that is it, that is the only thing that matters.

but no our leaders must kill each other and continue to destroy our own planet, while we have no say in anything that happens.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DeboWilliams

FANTASTIC J0B!

The sec0nd vide0 is a fraud, at least the audi0, this is n0 surprise.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AtheistArthur

Yep- 'tis that simple, as has been repeatedly pointed out (but thanks for taking the time to illustrate the point)

Im sure we will have posts like 'yeah but this that and the other', but this shows how quickly and easily it can be done. Now spend a night refining it- maybe even two- then you have easily got something as believable (!?) as the first two videos.

I really think we should be moving on now...................

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheistArthur
Okay, I'm new. I found this while researching this footage. I don't know a lot about the rules of etiquette, or any of that, so I apologize in advance if I come off rude or anything, and I hope that this won't be instantly deleted.

Anyway, I've been flipping through this thread, and I didn't read ALL of it, so I apologize if I'm preaching to the choir, but c'mon... remarks about the level of skill it would posses to hoax this video and things like that? I parodied this video (albeit crudely) in about ten minutes, using the exact same photo backplate that was stolen from wikipedia by the original hoaxers.
www.youtube.com...

I'm a believer in the possibility of UFO activity. I'll get that right out there. However, I am a skeptic, and this is maybe the only time I have ever known, without a shadow of a doubt, that these videos were faked. It took very little skill to fake them. This isn't 1990, we have Adobe After Effects, Anime Studio, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and the list goes on and on and on. This was a relatively easy operation. In the one video with the man standing over the skyline. Besides the fact that you can find the exact skyline in google image search, the skyline and the foreground occasionally go 'off' from each other. If you motion track that, you'll see:
www.youtube.com...

This is a hoax and not a very good one to be honest. You can see the lines from the lcd screen they filmed for godsakes.

I believe the process they used was something along the lines of:
After Effects or some similar program used to animate the UFOs, and in some of the videos things in the foreground. Then to make it more realistic they filmed the computer screen or a television monitor with a low fi camera phone or something of that nature. Throw some sound dubbing, and very unrealistic hilariously bad dialogue and voila, you have thousands of virgins debating whether this is real or not.

-k

Everyone, believers and debunker's alike, know this video is a fake. We are concerned with proving/disproving the other 3 videos. No one seems to be able to do either/or...One fellow on the old forum had local weather webcam pics from the area, another spoke of the same thing. I wish those one of those guys would post again...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I was really impressed by how easily Hoaxkiller generated a believable flash effect in After Effects. So I wondered if I could find evidence that the flash in video 4 had been generated with exactly the same tool.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22dd9e0b0486.jpg[/atsimg]
The answer is no, it's definitely not been added using the same tool that Hoaxkiller used. The differential analysis clearly shows that the After Effects tool that Hoaxkiller used is not the same. That method clearly appears to brighten all the pixels fairly evenly. The video 4 flash brightens a whole area rather than individual pixels.

At first glance the flash on video 4 looks like it could be quite easily done artificially, but there are some small touches that make it appear more genuine. The area that is brightened is an ellipse at ground level and another point originated just to the right of the alleged UFO. It is odd that the hoaxers did not center it on the object they added. Another nice touch is the the brightening of the scene is not completely even. You can see some features, such as the line of the road, that have been brightened more than others. That is consistent with their surface being more slightly more reflective.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Crayfish because: unnecessary repetition of text

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

The fact that anything can be faked has been established, that still doesn't disprove this particular event. I am still waiting on REAL evidence to prove or disprove this particular event. As yet nothing concrete has been proven with the exception of the third video.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Your audio analysis was unable to debunk Video 2
So does that mean that you are totally unable to debunk video 2?

edit on 3-2-2011 by Paradigm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So are any jews around that can translate the hebrew in the clips? Also do we have any eyewhitness reports?
edit on 3-2-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The point raised that the reflection of the ufo on the dome is very intriguing. When the ufo moves to the left watch the reflection on the dome move also. Then as the ufo shoots into the sky if you keep hitting pause you will see the reflection on the dome shrink then disappears at exactly the right moment. I know nothing about cgi however even I can appreciate that if cgi they have done a good job with details such as reflections being spot on. See for yourself its very life like.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hi there, since the previous thread was closed (I was second to the last to post there LOLz, it was a debunking post), I shall migrate my debunking post here (debunking video#4)
-------
Gotcha! Hoax!

Debunking video#4:

But before that, please bear with me as I introduce a quick background on digital cameras and the video they come up with:

(Some quick credentials first: I'm not just an armchair philosopher lolz. I used to be a cameraman, a video editor, and other stuff related to postprod, and I'm currently a producer, with some CGI background as I have worked on several CGI projects in both producing and hands-on capacities, solving and troubleshooting problems on a variety of levels):

Here goes:

Technical background (important):

There are 2 ways a camera can capture moving images (a sequence of still frames):

"Interlaced" capture - each captured frame is a actually made up of 2 separate alternating fields each captured at a slightly different slice of time. In postprod, this creates "combing" effect (where the 2 interlaced fields reveal themselves especially for objects or scenes captured while in motion).

"Progressive" capture - each captured frame is a whole frame. But there are 2 types of shutter variants:

"Rolling Shutter" - each frame is captured one line at a time.

Observable artifact #1: creates wobbly deformation of objects or scenes with respect to the orientation of the image sensor (either horizontal or vertical). Common weakness of cameraphones and DSLRs.

Observable artifact #2: external light flashes captured by the camera appear cut off within a single frame (when the duration of the flash is shorter than the time it takes to expose each frame)

"Universal Shutter" - all pixels (and therefore all lines) of each frame are captured all at the same time.

Observable artifact: no wobble, but creates simple motion blur for moving objects or scenes, regardless of image sensor orientation.

VIDEO#4 Debunk Explanation

1. A digital camera can only take a shot either in progressive or interlaced mode, but not both at the same time.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc8ab5aa5588.png[/atsimg]

2. This sequence of frames from Video#4 show both interlacing artifacts and motion blur artifacts (supposedly due to quick motion), IN THE SAME FOOTAGE! This can't happen in reality, because the camera is either shooting in interlaced, or shooting in progressive, but NOT BOTH. Either everything that's revealing in the clip reveals interlacing, or progressive - not both.

3. So Video#4 is tampered with in the following sense:

a. The background footage was shot in interlaced mode as most consumer camcorders do
b. The CGI orb was composited into the interlaced background as a progressive image (in fact, the project settings is done in progressive mode - it can't be done any other way unless you know the "nuts and bolts" of your comp system (many thanks to Pinke's U2U for explaining to me how to do that)
c. The resulting final video is exported in progressive frames
d. Video comes out with a mixture of progressive and interlacing artifacts, which no camera can do, and it wouldn't make sense for a camera to do so.
e. Ergo, HOAX

I shall also debunk Video#2 :-) on a later post.

link   

link   
reply to post by Crayfish

You said it yourself, Crayfish- how quickly and easily he did it. There is no doubt that if you spend a little more time you can easily produce the same results- I dont mean to be rude, but I dont know what you are trying to prove with your 'differential analysis', but you are just coming off as not really understanding the points that are being made here.

Anyway, I think I have spent enough time here- Im afraid you seem to be one of the posters who is going to continue to believe this is real no matter how much evidence is put before you, so its a waste of time debating it.

Good luck everyone- Im out

link   
Some fun facts:
- Eligael posted some paranormal videos on Facebook way before this incident, especially a January 2010 video about aliens.
- Eligael recently became friends on Facebook with 3 names that appear in the movie: Yuli, Dor, Michael.
- The 3 of them are 12th graders in Nes Tziona (outside Jerusalem), and go to Ben Gurion High School where they 'major' in Communications (usually includes filmmaking).
- Here is an end-of-semester movie from the 2010 school year, and the photographer is listed as the same Dor who drives the car and then films the incident.
- Michael wrote on Eligael's youtube page 4 days ago saying they need to get in touch.

I'm not posting any FB links in order to respect their privacy, but you can easily do the same research.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Crayfish

Now we are getting somewhere, real analysis of the footage instead of "I can do that". Thank you for this information.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Thats pretty weak evidence. Please come up with something concrete.
Actually your photos actually make me feel even more that this is "NOT CGI"
edit on 3-2-2011 by Paradigm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
So are any jews around that can translate the hebrew in the clips? Also do we have any eyewhitness reports?
edit on 3-2-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

Yes, it said "I'm a hoaxing moron and my mates think I'm really special"..

Seriously, there was a translation in the first thread and like all the video's it was stupid.

But why do you care, the video's have all been proved 100% fake so whatever they talked about was contrived made up nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join